Conquered

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

!! DOUBLE UPDATE !! READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER FIRST !!

 

 

 

 

"Is the pasta good?" Sakura twirled her fork into the mound of spaghetti.
 
"Mmm-mmm." Minju could only nod while she chews her food.
 
After the fireworks display, Sakura suggested the nearby Italian restaurant for dinner. Minju agreed to it immediately, not in the mood to go home yet.
 
They waited for almost 30 minutes for the food to arrive. Minju usually gets mad at things like this. But today it didn't bother her. Talking to Sakura made her forget her hunger for a while.
 
Sakura's phone rang. She took it out of her pocket and glanced at the caller ID and smiled.
 
"Excuse me. I need to take this." Sakura stood on her feet.
 
Minju's eyes followed as Sakura made her way outside the veranda. There, Sakura stood with one hand in her pocket while talking to whoever on the other line is, occasionally laughing and giggling. Sakura found a hanging paper-cupid on the tree beside her and began playing by twirling it with her fingers.
 
That's when Minju noticed the heart and cupid designs hanging all over the place. She looked around the restaurant.
 
'Four days to go before Valentine's Day, who's your date?'
 
Then it hit her: four days remaining.
 
She doesn't mind going out alone or staying indoors during this season but this time she seemed kind of excited about it. Her eyes jumped back to the person on the veranda who's still busy talking on her phone.
 
"Hmm. Should I give her a present? But what would I give her? Wouldn't it be awkward to give her something on Valentine's Day?" she told herself.
 
Her excitement was drained when Sakura laughed heartily. Disappointed, Minju pursed her lips.
 
"Who could she be talking to? Please, somebody, tell me it's not Eunbi again."
 
Eunbi's role in Sakura's life is bugging her. Her curiosity about the real deal between the two is rising. The first and last time they met, Sakura introduced Eunbi as a friend. But who knows what could have happened after that. The only thing Minju knows is it's not impossible for Eunbi to be a fangirl too.
 
After a few more minutes, Sakura returned. "Phew! Sorry about that. It was my aunt. She said she misses me."
 
"Aren't you visiting her?" asked Minju. The sour face from the misconception earlier turned into a sweet smile.
 
"I'm busy. She's busy." Sakura went back to her pasta. "And I don't like her giving me free food every time I visit her restaurant."
 
"Restaurant?"
 
Sakura hummed. "Remember, I mentioned before how I love going to Tosokchon Samgyetang restaurant? My Aunt Nako owns that place."
 
Minju dropped her hand on the table. "No way."
 
"Yeah. The food there is expensive, but they are exquisitely great," said Sakura, stuffing a forkful of spaghetti into . "I don't want my aunt going bankrupt just because my food is always on her whenever I go there."
 
"Well, you must be her favorite niece."
 
Sakura smiled. "Of course. I'm her only niece. She's my dad's only sister, and she doesn't have kids."
 
Minju couldn't be happier. They've known each other for half a year now but this is the first time she heard other things about Sakura aside from Chaewon issues before.
 
"Hmm. I guess Valentine's is already in the air, huh?" said Sakura, looking around at the posters in the area.
 
"For sure people will line up at m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter