Drunk

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Guys... I said... I can walk on my own... No need to carry me... Let go of me... now..." Minju commanded. Sakura and Hyunjin were assisting her to walk, her arms draped around their shoulders.

 

It turned out, Minju did enjoy the drink. Too much, in fact, as she kept filling her glass like she was not aware that it's a mixture of alcohol and other stuff. After an hour, she became so talkative which lead Sakura to think she's drunk and that it's time to take her home.

 

Hyewon, on the other hand, was having a good time with the bar owner. Chaeyeon volunteered to drive the lady home later by herself.

 

"Yeah, you could walk on your own," said Sakura, trying her best to carry Minju, "but you keep on stumbling, you know."

 

"It's because... it's because... I can't feel my legs..."

 

Sakura adjusted Minju's arms on her shoulders. "If you were feeling something strange about your legs earlier, why did you drink a lot?"

 

Minju tilted her head to Sakura and drew her face closer before smiling. "Because... it tastes... soooooo... goooood..."

 

Sakura could only sigh. She wondered how Minju can still be so beautiful even when drunk. She might not have admitted it before but she's getting fond of Minju lately.

 

"Sakura," called Hyunjin who's also drunk but not like Minju. "How far more is it? I... I don't remember where we parked the car..."

 

"We're close, Hyunjin. We're now in the parking lot."

 

"Oh. Good. My house is... it is just around the corner. You'd have to drop me off first before Minju as I believe she lives further..."

 

"Yeah, I'll do that."

 

"Thanks, man..."

 

Sakura smiled to herself. This is the first time she had gotten out for a drink after a year of abstinence. It's undeniable that her source of joy that night is the wasted goddess they are carrying now. It just pleases her to know more things about Minju. It makes her feel closer to her.

 

Minju kept talking about random stuff while they walk to the parking lot. Upon reaching the car, they assisted her to sit in the back seat. Hyunjin sat in front. They drove immediately and reached Hyunjin's home first.

 

Minju looked out the window when she felt the car stopped. She squinted her eyes, observing the house in front of her. "So... this is... your place?"

 

"Yes..." said Hyunjin, stepping out of the car.

 

Minju frowned. "It doesn't seem to look like a happy house..."

 

Sakura and Hyunjin laughed.

 

"Let her be. She's drunk," said Sakura, glancing at the passenger behind.

 

Hyunjin leaned in the rolled-down car window. "Thanks, Sakura. I'm too dizzy right now. I should be the one accompanying her home."

 

"No worries. I enjoyed tonight."

 

"Me too. I'll see you on Monday. Just ask Minju where her address is, okay?" Hyunjin pulled back and waved goodbye.

 

"Will do!" Sakura gestured a salute and stepped on the accelerator.

 

Her familiar car looked like a different world now. Sakura felt like her night had just started. Minju is in the back seat looking out the window.

 

"Minju...?"

 

Minju turned at the call, leaning an arm against the back of the seat. "Yes, honey?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter