Amazon Ambush

Yutaka

 

 
It's been a several days since Yutaka and Tobias left home. They walked farther into the forest: the Middle of the Forest. 
 
Tobias (grabbing stomach): "Can we eat?"
 
Yutaka (climbing over a large tree branch and looking over his shoulder to Tobias): "Didn't you already eat?"
 
Tobias (looking at feet): "Maybe."
 
Yutaka didn't say anything. 
 
As they pressed on into the Middle of the Forest: Tobias noticed dirt covered arrows attached to poles. 
 
Tobias (looking at the ground than turning to Yutaka): "Yutaka, I see spear heads! That's not a good sign!"
 
Yutaka stopped in front of a large tree (among others that were in the forest) and looked down. 
 
Yutaka (looking down): "Tobi, I don't see anything." He looked up at his companion. "Are you okay?"
 
Tobias (kicking the dirt and leaves in front of him): "Of course I'm okay! Why wouldn't I ?!?"
 
Yutaka (pointing his figure at him): "Because you say there's spear heads and I see known!"
 
Tobias got onto his left knee and rummaged through the leaves and dirt. 
 
Tobias (picking up a damaged spear head): "See!?!"
 
Yutaka snatched the arrow/spear head from Tobias and examed it. 
 
Yutaka (thinking): This is an Amazon's Arrow head. Tobias said that this part of the forst is littered with it. We're not in the parts of the forest ruled by Ichuji. It's the Amazon's Area. 
 
Tobias (looking at Yutaka study the arrow head): "You've looked at it long enough."
 
Yutaka (walking to Tobias and pointing at the tip): "This is an Amazon spear."
 
Tobias (taking it and looking at it in his palm): "What's an Amazon?"
 
Yutaka (taking the spear head and putting it in his trouser pockets): "Amazons are warrior women. They fight just like men. Except they're more brutal."
 
Tobias (surveying the area): "Than a huge battle must've happened here. But when?"
 
Yutaka (looking at the trees and scanning the ground): "Recent. This battle couldn't happened no longer than, at least a few months ago."
 
Tobias (thinking): How does he know that? 
 
Woman's Voice (coming from a nearby branch): "Actually, it just happened."
 
Yutaka (looking at the attire of the woman and thinking): Brown animal skin... Is it deer? No. Some other animal. Dark brown hair in a top knot. Tanish skin, brown eyes. Dark brown trousers and roped sandals that are in Roman fashion. An Amazon. 
 
Tobias (preparing to fight): "C'mon and get some you tree hugging freak of nature!"
 
Yutaka got into a fighting position and prepared himself for battle. 
 
Amazon (attaching arrow to string of her bow): "Who are you intruders?!?"
 
Yutaka (pointing to himself): "My name is Hisujiya Yutaka."
 
Tobias (pointing to himself in a cocky way): "My name is Kazekiri Tobias." 
 
Amazon (aiming for Yutaka): "A Hisujiya Clansmen."
 
Yutaka (approaching with extreme caution): "Why do you hate my clan so much?"
 
Amazon (about to release arrow at Yutaka): "It was your father, Hiroshi! He attempted to kill our Queen!"
 
She released the arrow and it soared to Yutaka but a wave of wind broke the arrow's back. 
 
Tobias (firing more air at the Amazon): "Get in the game Yu!"
 
Yutaka snapped out of it and launched fire from his fists. 
 
The Amazon leapt from the tree branch to another one and her arm to stone and she fired rock pellets at the boys. 
 
A pellet almost struck Tobias in the left ear but missed him by an inch. Yutaka's eyes glowed and his facial features, slightly, transformed into Crandor's. 
 
Amazon (awe struck by Yutaka's transformation): "Amazing. You already have some control of your Element Sign."
 
Yutaka (Crandor's Voice and pulling arm back to his back): "Amazon, I hope you enjoyed living but you're life must end."
 
He ed his right hand forward and a ball of erupted from his palm. 
 
Amazon (thinking): Fire needs to travel. So if it needs to travel than I have to wait until it's about to hit me than kill Yutaka while he's in this state. Than, not only will he die but his Element Sign as well. 
 
She put another arrow to the string and prepared to let it go. 
 
Amazon (releasing arrow): "Die you sorry son of a bi--!"
 
Another wave of wind broke the arrow in two. 
 
Tobias dropped from the trees and his eyes were yellow. His nails were as sharp as falcon talons. His hair was more wild than usual. 
 
Tobias (merged with Valcry's voice and pointing at the Amazon): "Listen you Tree Hugger, we just want to pass and leave the forest."
 
Amazon (putting the bow over her shoulder and jumping down to the ground): "I don't care! Both of you trespassed and I need to kill you."
 
Another Amazon jumped to the ground next to her. 
 
Amazon (looking at the other Amazon): "Stom, what are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to go and watch the fort while Lady Shura is away?"
 
Stom was a medium height girl who had the same hair-do as the Amazon in front of her and she had a scar that ran straight down her right eye to the edge of her chin (left). Her attire was the same except she carried no weapon. 
 
Stom looked into the Amazon's eyes. The Amazon read her eyes like a book. 
 
Amazon (walking to Yutaka and Tobias and stopping in front of them): "Look, you can come back to the village with us but I'm keeping my eyes on both of you."
 
The four of them went off to the village. 
 
They got to the village and it was a huge tree house sitting on sturdy tree branches. 
 
Tobias (looking down to the ground): "We have to be miles up the trees!"
 
Amazon (looks over her shoulder): "It's a good 78 feet to the bottom."
 
Tobias didn't say anything. 
 
Yutaka looked at large wooden hut. 
 
Yutaka (reading kanji): "Current Lady."
 
Amazon (opening the sliding, wooden door): "This is where Lady Shura lives."
 
They entered the hut and sure enough sitting on the thrown was a brown skinned women who had light brown hair, black dress and wearing roped sandals. 
 
Shura (pointing to Yutaka and Tobias): "Kaiya, who are those Ground Dwellers? Are they spies form the Underground Village?"
 
Kaiya (kneeling on one knee): "These intruders only want to pass through the forest."
 
Shura pondered for a second and finally got a thought in her head. 
 
Shura (clapping hands together): "Let our guests stay here for tonight. Let them eat with us during the feast, since it's my birthday and let them leave in the morning."
 
Kaiya nodded. 
 
Stom looked at the guests and gave Tobias a kind smile. 
 
Kaiya took Yutaka and Tobias escorted them to a spare hut. The sign above to door read: Guest's Hut. 
 
Kaiya (opening door): "This will be your hut. There are: two bedrooms, one bathroom, and a living room. Enjoy." 
 
She jumped to her hut, which was on the upper left hand of Yutaka's and Tobias' hut. 
 
Yutaka (looks at the twilight schemed sky): "It looks like it's becoming night."
 
They entered and went to their bedrooms. 
 
Tobias (changing into comfortable clothes): "Good night Yutaka."
 
Yutaka (changing into pajamas): "Good night Tobi."