Tobias’ Depression

Yutaka

 

Kaiya was sitting straight up on her hospital bed. 
 
Kaiya(looking at her friends): “Kaede said that I’m in her for several weeks. So I guess I’m in here until January 4th.”
 
Yutaka(wrapping his left hand up in bandages): “That’s if you can still move.”
 
Wayne walked in and his torso was showing. He had bandages around his chest, ribs and s. 
 
Wayne(scratching his head): “I’m sorry this happened to you.”
 
Kaiya(looking at Wayne): “It’s not your fault.”
 
He sat down in a chair. 
 
Tobias(wiping away his red face): “I broke down and cried when you died and proclaimed something.”
 
Kaiya(looking at Tobias): “That you love me.”
 
Tobias nodded. 
 
Kaiya(gesturing Tobias to come closer to her): “Come here, I need to tell you something.”
 
Tobias came closer to her. 
 
Kaiya(leaning into Tobias’ ear and whispering): “I love Yutaka. I’m sorry Tobias, I only see you as a friend.”
 
Tobias(crying his eyes out inside): “I see. You only see me as a good friend, I guess.”
 
Kaiya nodded and looked at Yutaka. 
 
Tobias turned to Yutaka and saw them eyeing each other. 
 
The former walked out of the hospital room and walked to a large window. 
 
He placed his hand on the window and he looked up at the sky. 
 
Inside his subconscious, Valcry was there with Tobias’s Soul on top of his head. 
 
Valcry(looking up to a sadden Tobias): “What’s wrong pal?”
Tobias(looking toward the endless abyss of memories): “I’m depressed.”
 
Valcry(looking up at him): “Is it because of Kaiya?”
 
Tobias nodded. “Yes.”
 
Valcry(lowering his head so Tobias can walk off): “That shouldn’t depress you.”
 
Tobias’s Soul(shooting Air from his palms): “IT DOES!”
 
Valcry frowned. 
 
Tobias’s Soul turned around and looked at the yellow gas of memories. He stepped close to the edge and looked down -- thinking about “Soul Suicide.”
 
Soul Suicide is when the soul of someone jumps from the highest point of a floating rock, in the subconscious, and drops to the lowest point, which is total darkness -- effectively destroying the soul and the leaving the body where he or she stands. Also, the Element Sign is expelled from the body and sent to a new born somewhere in the world.  
 
Valcry put his wing in front of Tobias’s Soul so he won’t jump.  
 
In the real world, Tobias banged the window and started to cry. 
 
Familiar Voice(coming from behind): “You shouldn’t take your anger out on the windows.”
 
Tobias turned to see Kumo standing in the door way. 
 
Kumo(walking to Tobias): “Tobias, I saw everything--”
 
Tobias(turning his head slightly): “Who didn’t. Kaiya told me, herself, that she loves Yutaka. And sees me as a friend.”
 
Kumo(placing his hand on Tobias’s shoulder): “When my parents died, do you know what Sajiro told me?”
 
Tobias(intrigued): “No. What did he tell you?”
 
Kumo smiled. “That my love for my mother and father is so powerful that Raitrious can break it. In other words, we have to stay faithful and loyal to those we love. Even if he or she is rejects you.”
 
Kumo smiled even harder. “You never know. Kaiya may develop feelings for you later on during your quest. It’s God who will help you, ma boy. Not depression.”
Tobias rubbed his eyes clear of depression and looked up at Kumo. “Kumo, because of that speech, I see you as my mentor now. Just like Yutaka views Tetsu as his mentor.”
 
Kumo blushed. “Thanks.”
 
Tobias(confused about something): “Why didn’t Raitrious stop himself from killing Kaiya?”
 
Kumo(looking into Tobias’s eyes): “Because he does not know how to love. He only sees human life as a waste of time.”
 
Tobias(scratching his head): “I’m confused.”
 
Kumo(still looking into Tobias’s eyes): “Raitrious knows that you love her very dearly and that if he killed her. Than in turn, you would have killed yourself just to be with her in Heaven.”
 
Tobias gulped. “I didn’t know he knew.”
 
Kumo(crossing his arms): “There’s a reason why… he knows everything.”
 
Tobias’s expression went from confused to scared. 
 
Kumo(uncrossing his arms and holding up his right hand): “Yes. I’m afraid that’s true. Now, we shall chat later. Let’s get back to the hospital room, everyone was worried about you.”
 
Tobias placed his hand on Kumo’s and they disappeared. 
 
Outside, a storm was picking up. Two figures were watching and hearing the entire conversation. 
 
Figure #1(turning to his comrade): “Tobias knows.”
 
Figure #2(turning to his comrade): “That’s too bad.” 
 
Figure #1(looking at his comrade): “What should we do?”
 
Figure #2(looking at his comrade): “Attack when they least expect it.” 
 
They, both, broke out in laughter. 
 
To Be Continued…