A Silent Romance

Yutaka

 

On the Lemuria, Kaiya was tied up -- her hands were duck taped together, behind her, her feet were duct taped together and she had duct tape over . She was tied to an old, wooden chair, that looked like it was sitting there for hundred of years. 
 
Shukai(looking at Raitrious): “What are we going to do with her?”
 
Raitrious(looking at Shukai with an evil grin): “Resurrect Mamoru.”
 
Shukai(confused): “Mamoru? But how will we be able to find him? He’s still in relic form.”
 
Raitrious(looking at Kaiya): “That’s why we kidnapped Kaiya. Kaiya is an Earth Manipulator. And with Inusame as her Element Sign, she can locate any Earth natured human or demon.” 
 
Shukai(scratching his feathery head): “Even if he or she is dead?”
 
Raitrious(nodding): “As long as the deceased was Earth natured in life… she can find him or her.”
 
Shukai grinned evilly. “When are we going to use her to resurrect Mamoru?”
 
Raitrious(looking up at the crescent moon): “During the Full Moon of the 81st year of this age.”
 
Shukai(counting the stars): “That’s in two weeks -- January 1st.”
 
Raitrious nodded. 
 
Kaiya fell asleep because she was till weak from being resurrected by Tetsu. 
 
In the Northeast Islands, at Yutaka’s house, everyone, except for Kumo, Shura -- who woke up hours earlier -- and Tetsu, were trying to fathom what happened. 
 
Rumiko(handing Yutaka a cup of tea): “Here Yutaka. You should drink up.”
 
Kasa walked in and sat on her knees and looked at everyone. 
 
Kasa(clapping her hands together): “I’m sure Tetsu, Shura and Kumo will find her.”
 
Tobias(getting up to stretch his legs): “You mean ‘I’m sure Tetsu, Shura and Kumo will find her body.’”
 
Yutaka(lowering his cup to his lap): “Tobias, you don’t have to be so negative.”
 
Tobias stormed out of Yutaka’s house and looked up at the night sky. 
 
Tobias(looking at the decorations): “It’s already December 24th, Christmas Eve. Where did Raitrious and Shukai take her?”
 
Tobias walked out of the village, Whirled himself -- outside the protective barrier of the Forest Village --to the Flying Tree Village and in front of Kaiya’s house. 
 
Tobias walked up to the house and placed his hand onto the door. 
 
An Amazon jumped from the trees and watched Tobias with a mute gaze. 
 
Tobias turned around and saw Stom. 
 
The former read the latter’s eyes and Stom placed her hand onto Tobias’ shoulder. 
 
Tobias(placing his hand onto her hand): “I can tell you miss her.”
 
Stom nodded and got closer to Tobias.
 
Tobias(being pinned to Kaiya’s door): “What are you doing?”
 
Stom inched closer to Tobias and she was so close that the latter can smell her freshly, brushed breath. 
 
Tobias(looking at Stom): “Stom, what are you doing? I love Kaiya. And you’re only 13 and I’m 15. That’s against Flying Tree Village Law! If you were between 14 and 16, I would kiss you but ---”
 
Stom flew her lips onto Tobias’ lips. The night seemed to be magical, to Stom but to Tobias, this was the ultimate disrespect he could have done. 
 
Moments later, Stom geared her lips and took off of Tobias’. 
 
Tobias(horrified): “Stom… Stom… I’m lost with words.”
 
 Stom blushed and smiled. 
 
Surrounding himself with the air around him, Tobias Whirled himself from the Flying Tree Village and back to the entrance of the Forest Village. 
 
Tobias(dropping to his knees, grabbing his head and looking at the ground): “What just happened?”
The image of Stom kissing him was fresh in his memory and he could not let it die. 
 
Tobias(creating a small tornado on his index finger and placing it on ground): “K-A-I-Y-A.”
 
He wrote Kaiya out and drew a heart around her name. He got to his feet and looked at her name. 
 
A Familiar Voice(coming from the trees): “Ever since I met you, I’ve realized that you loved her.”
 
Tobias shot a glance at the trees and saw Kumo. 
 
Kumo dropped next to Tobias and looked at the name. 
 
Kumo(looking at the name): “Kaiya is a remarkable girl. Lady Shura told me that she joined the ‘Guardians of the Flying Tree Village’ at age 11 and became their captain at age 13.” 
 
Tobias didn’t care about that information. All he wanted to do was to see Kaiya again. 
 
Kumo(placing his hand onto Tobias’ shoulder): “We will find her. I have a hunch that Raitrious and Shukai took her to the Lemuria, for unknown reasons.”
 
Another person landed on a branch and stared at Kumo and Tobias. 
 
Kumo, drawing his katana, turned shiftily and aimed his katana at Bakuhatsu. 
 
Bakuhatsu(grabbing the katana): “Oi!”
 
Kumo(lowering his sword): “Baku. You shouldn’t startle me like that.”
 
Baku jumped down, cigarette in his mouth, and landed in front of the duo. 
 
Bakuhatsu(taking the cigarette and tossing it away): “Ah foun’ out where Kaiya was takin’ to.”
 
Tobias gripped Bakuhatsu by his collar and pulled him to his eyes. “Where? Where is she?”
 
Bakuhatsu nodded to Kumo. “The Lemuria.”
 
Tetsu appeared behind them and nodded. “She’s being held in the Lemuria. And it’s time to devise a plan.”
 
He smiled. 
 
Tetsu(smiling): “Underneath Yutaka’s, Rumiko’s and Kasa’s nose.”
 
Tobias’ eye burned with thankfulness. 
 
Tobias(jumping onto Tetsu and hugging him): “Thank you, Tetsu.”
 
Tetsu(pressing Tobias to his stomach): “No problem Tobias.”
 
To Be Continued…