The Decision She Makes

♡ I Hate Valentine's Day ♡

_________ looked down at her phone.

'Hey babe! Meet me at 6 at the Crazy Lobster. Love ya!~ -Heechul'

_________ then sighed as she dropped her phone on her bed and looked at the flowers on top of her desk. She didn't need to read it again to know what it said. She had already memorized it.

'Meet me at the town's local Art Galary at 6. I'll give a surprise. -Your Secret Admirer'

She sighed and hugged her knees. She knew who this secret admirer was- Taemin. But she didn't know who to choose: The guy who she always had a crush on but cheated on her or the guy that had a crush on her for a few years now and was a year younger than her.

She bit her lip.

'Well, the roses are pretty amazing... NO! ________, FOCUS! You have the boyriend of your dreams. Why would I ruin it by going on a date of a guy that I don't like?! .....'

_________ looked up from her hands and blinked rapidly as a sudden realization came to her.

'Or do I like him? No, that's impossible..I mean he's a junior...He...he is pretty cute... Maybe I...NO! Hot boyfriend, ______. Perfect boyfriend that you always wanted...hot boyfriend...perfect boyfriend....cute crush I may like...NO!'

_________ grabbed her pillow and started to squeeze it.

"I don't want boy problems! This is so complicated!" _________ screamed in the pillow.

Her thoughts and screams were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in!" __________ yelled.

Her grandma appeared carrying a machete over her shoulder.

"Grandma! What are you even doing with that?" ___________ asked

Then again, _________ thought twice of it. Her grandmother was pretty crazy. Not demented crazy but a little crazy on the head. Half of the time, she carried a machete around just for the heck of it. She had once scared a robber who tried to get in the house by just screaming at him while waving the machete as if it was just a kitchen spoon. 

"Do you really have to ask that?" her grandmother replied

"Kind of.." _________ muttered

"I was killing some snake that got in through the kitchen. I don't know why the hell my grandmother thought of buying a house around here" her grandmother shook her head.

"Grandma what do you want?" __________ asked

"Well, I saw you a little depressive during meal time. And you barely ate anything. Something you can't stop thinking about?"

"Yes.." __________ nodded. "Promise not to tell anyone?"

"Who am I gonna tell other than that crazy cat who is stopping by lately?"

"GRANDMA!"

"What? He's a good company. Besides, who knows to lift up the party! Holla!"

"Grandmother, who taught you holla?" __________ asked

"I read one of the text you sent your friends" her grandmother shrugged.

"Grandma, you're weird!" ___________ laughed as she covered her face.

"That's me!" her grandmother shrugged and smiled mischieviously. "So, what's been troubling you?"

"There's this guy..you know him. My boyfriend, Heechul?" ___________ said

"Yeah, I know that jerk-"

"GRANDMA!"

"....Continue"

"Well, he cheated on me but he brought me flowers today. I forgave him and he invited me to the Crazy Lobster tonight. But there is this junior that likes me and ____________ is helping him to ask me out--"

"Wait..repeat the part where the er cheated on you"

"GRANDMA!" __________ yelled

"It's just that I don't understand. He cheated on you. Are you crazy? Why did you give him a second chance?"

"I love him" __________ yelled defensively

"God, my grand-daughter is an idiot" __________'s grandmother facepalmed. "This is what I think: if he cheats on you once, you're a victim. If he cheats on you twice, you're an accomplice."

"...What?"

"Child, I adore you, I like you way better than I like Sunny, but you are dumb!" 

"Grandmother, you are really not helping here" __________ pulled her hair in frustration.

"Fine? You want my honest opinion?" __________'s grandmother said "Go to the date with Heechul. He's your boyfriend, take that responsibility. But you will have to turn down the other boy tomorrow. You simply can't be having boy drama right now! I can't be having boy drama right now" 

"But I don't want to turn him down.." ___________ pouted

"Then, go to the date with him and just ignore Heechul. Noody likes him anyways!"

"GRANDMA!" ___________ yelled

"Fine? Let me make this short because I need to get back to my soap opera"

There was a deep silence.

"Follow your heart. Kay that's it. Bye" she got up and walked out of the room.

"Hey, grandma?" __________ said 

"Yeah?" she walked back in.

"You're a badass" ___________ said

"Where do you think you got it from?" ___________'s grandma winked at her and closed the door.

"SUNNY WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT CHANGING MY SOAP OPERA!?!?" ____________'s grandma's screams were heard.

"GRANDMA! NO!" Sunny's screams were heard.

___________ laughed but then frowned.

"This is a decision I have to make. And unfortunately, I think I'll have to make it alone" she told herself.