Kai's story

Losing a friend

Kai's POV

"Umma!? Appa!?" I called. No answer. I called again, and again. But still nothing. I ran into their room in a desperate search for them. I looked everywhere yet I couldn't find them. As I wandered the kitchen I found a note.

"Kai, your mother and I just went out for a coffee at the local cafe! Come find us when you get home!" It read. I smiled and started walking down to the cafe. As I turned the corner to get to the street the cafe sat on I saw a bunch of police cars and an ambulance. I slowly walked up to where a bunch of people stood. I heard people gasp as I pushed through the crowd to get a better look. What I saw made my breath hitch.

"UMMA!! APPA!!" I screamed as I ran up to the twisted wreakage. Their car was wrapped around a pole and everything was crushed. Umma lay on a stretcher with a neck brace around her neck. Next to her was a covered stretcher which I soon realised held my father's dead body.

"Umma! Umma can you hear me?!" I panicked as I grabbed her hand.

"Kai...Is that you?" Umma mumbled. I nodded as tears fell down my cheeks. She squeezed my hands and smiled slightly. "Stay with me...." She whispered.

"I will umma!" I whispered back. I made my way over to appa and fell to my knees. He was inspiration, my rock. "Appa....No...No!!" I screamed. I felt someone tug my shirt and looked up to see one of the paramedics.

"Your mother is in the ambulance, if you want to stay with her you are more than welcome to....We don't know how much longer she will last.." He said. I nodded and got up slowly. I waved goodbye to my appa and kissed his cold forehead before heading off to my umma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat outside my mums hospital room. The nerves were killing me. The docter walked out and said I could go see her. I literally ran in and next to her side. She had her eyes closed and was breathing slowly. Her head had a bandage over it and she had multiple instruments attached to her to help her breathe. I took her hand in mine and sighed. I knew she didn't have much time left.

"Umma, I know you can't hear me but...I just wanted to say I love you so much! All those times I acted like a complete idiot to you I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!!" I cried. I put head on the bed and started crying. I listened to the beeping of the heart moniter until it became slower and stopped completely. I sat up and kissed her forehead lightly.

"Goodbye umma, take care of appa.....Saranghae!" I managed to choke out before the docter came back in and covered up her body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes shot open and I looked around quickly. My eyes caught sight of the clock and widened dramatically.

"!!!" I exclaimed as I got up and ran to the bathroom. It was 8 o'clock and I had to be at Mina's at 8:15. I quickly washed my face and got changed. I ran out the door not even thinking about breakfast. I ran down the street to her house and knocked on the door. She answered and blushed. All she was wearing as one of her oppa's oversized t-shirts.

"Hello!" She said bowing. I pulled her up and smiled.

"Don't be so formal babo!" I said as I ruffled her hair.

"YAH!" She yelled as she hit my arm. A smile grin played on the corners of her lips. I could feel the old Mina slowly coming back.

"Is Minho ready yet?" I said. She nodded and motioned for me to come inside.

"He should be down in a second!" She said. I felt my stomach rumble and I held it to suppress the noise. "Omo! Are you hungry? Come! Key made extra pancakes today!" She said as she pulled me into the kitchen. Once we stopped at the bench Taemin's eyes burned holes right through me.

"Hello hyung!" I said. He rolled his eyes and continued eating. After a while I realised Mina was still holding my hand. She obviously did too and flushed red as she pulled away. She handed me a plate of pancakes and I sat at the table to eat. As she walked past Taemin she pecked his cheek. I saw her run in the direction of Minho's room and mumbling coming from the room. Taemin and I sat in silence until she had returned with Minho by her side. I stood up and grabbed my bag quickly.

"You ready?" Minho asked. I nodded and walked out the door with him. Mina kissed Minho's cheek before he walked out the door. I followed. I felt someoe grab my wrist and looked back to see Mina.

"I-Ummm packed you some Buldak for lunch! I hope you like it!" She said as she handed me a small bento box. I smiled and thanked her before chasing after Minho. Mina I'm sure I'll love it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

I know short chapter but I felt like updating!!

So what do you like better? TaeminxMina or MinaxKai? Leave her thoughts in the comments!

I hope you liked this chapter!!