Realisation and shock

Losing a friend

Everyone gasped as I let out another heart wrenched scream. Jonghyun sat on the floor next to me and put his arm around me. I heard my mum run out of the room in tears. She was soon followed by my dad, leaving only my brothers with me.

"Mina.....H-how did it happen...?" Key said softly as he sat on my other side.

"She was in a car crash......AND i BET IT WAS HER DRUNK BOYFRIEND DRIVING!!!!" I screamed.

"Okay, it's okay oppa's here..." Key said softly as he her long brown hair.

"Yah! Mina! Wasn't Yuri's boyfriend the guy that asked you out last time?" Onew said.

"WAIT WHAT!?!?!?" Jonghyun exploded.

"ONEW!!" I screamed at him. Onew ran out of the room as quick as he could.

"That could have been you Mina!" Key said.

"Ne...." I muttered.

"AND HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS GUY!?!?" Jonghyun yelled.

"I'm sorry oppa I just-" I started before he cut in again.

"I swear to go next time I see him I'm gonna-" Key cut off by covering his mouth and dragging him outside.

"Go take a shower and get changed, I'll come check on you in a bit" Key said. I got up and walked to the bathroom. As I hopped into the shower and let the hot drops of water run over my bare skin I remembered all the times me and Yuri had shared together.

"This can't be happening..." I mumbled as I dressed myself. I heard a knock on the door just as I finished and Key oppa walked into my room.

"Hey...ummmmm.....You feeling alright?" He asked slowly. I shook my head and collapsed onto my bed and closed my eyes. 

"You need sleep.....Good night..." He said softly as he kissed my forehead lightly.

Next day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I got up the next morning and reached for my phone. I saw my wallpaper and the realization hit me.

She really was gone.

She was never coming back.

I rolled off my bed and stood up slowly trying not to make any sudden movements just in case I fainted. I walked into the kitchen to see my family sitting at the table laughing and talking about normal family things.

They all stopped once I walked in.

“Shes really gone isn't she? It wasn't a dream.” I said.

My mum put her head down, dad started playing with his food, Onew pulled out his phone and pretended to text someone. Jonghyun continued eating like no one had spoken. Only Key answered me.

“It wasn't a dream Mina....Yuri is gone...” He said softly.

I tried to stop the tears from flowing out of my eyes, my lips from shaking and my nose running but it was just too much.

I ran out of the house and towards her house. When I reached the door I knocked.

No one answered.

I reached under the door mat and pulled out the spare key. I quickly unlocked the door and ran inside.

"YURI!” I screamed.

No one answered, so I ran to her room and opened the door. It was just the same as she had left it. Clothes thrown all over the floor, bed all messy and not made and the one photo on her bedside table that was of me and her.

I slowly made my way over to it and picked it up. “Yuri....” I said softly. I kissed the picture lightly and sat on her bed. Soon the photo was wet from my tears.

I got up and walked over to her wardrobe. She hid all her precious memories in one of the draws.

She said to me that only time I could open it is if something happened to her. I pulled open the draw and pulled out the old wooden jewelary box.

I grabbed the spare key and opened it.

Inside was a locket, a photo of her family, the bracelet I got her with her name on it, 6 pictures of me and her and a note. I unfolded the note carefully and read it:

“Mina,
If your reading this note then obviously something has happened to me.
I'm writing this to say thank you, you were always there for me, even after I ran away from home and had no one. I love you very much and I will forever watch over you. Take the locket that is in this box and wear it as a last gift from me. Inside is a picture of us when we went to Japan together as exchange students last year. Don't forget me. Yuri xxx”


I folded the note up, grabbed the locket and the photos of us and walked out of the house feeling a little stronger than I did before.
“Mina...Help me be strong....Please..” I said softly as I closed the front door and walked home again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that was an emotional chapter......It made me cry cry....... :)

Haha I love these K-pop references.

Anyway I might not be uploading chapters often as I start school tomorrow.....yay???

Anyway enjoy the sad sad story..