009

Society's Secret

 

 

Sehun looked up when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“Hey, what happened?” She asked quietly as she sat down beside him, Ahra was speaking with her secretary by the buffet table.

“Jisung lost his temper. Your father’s fiancé was almost..scratched.”

Yemin paused and winced, she shook her head.

“Chanyeol hyung pulled him out of the party.”

“I know, I saw them. How did it happen? What did she do?”

Sehun shook his head.

“She touched your sister, Jisung’s mood shifts are really unstable right now.”

Yemin sighed and just slipped her hand in his, Sehun smiled, then he paused.

His eyes landed on one particular male in the party, he was speaking with the Han patriarch in a familiar manner.

“Hey, isn’t that~”

Yemin followed his gaze, she paused.

“Yeah.”

She felt Sehun’s questioning gaze on her, she bit her lip before facing him.

“I guess he’s back. I’m gonna get us some food.” She squeezed his hand before standing up, Sehun looked at the male again. He leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms.

 

 

Jung Soojin leaned against the door, she let out a shaky breath before taking out her phone.

“Wow, so you still have time for me after marrying your rich husband.”

She shook her head.

“Remember what you told me? That..rumor.” She stated.

“What rumor?”

“Neukdae. (Wolf.)”

Her friend at the other line paused, Soojin walked to the leather chair and sat down.

“Wae? Did you hear something?”

“Ani, I saw something.” She claimed.

“What? A fur coat?” Her friend chortled.

“No. The son. Jisung.”

“Son? His youngest?”

“He got…angry at me for arguing with his sister. The boy growled at me. His voice…that sound, it didn’t sound human.”

“Ya, that’s just your imagination, we all know people just made up that story about the rich just for fun, it’s because they’re so secretive.”

“You don’t understand,” Soojin looked and stared at her reflection.

“His eyes, they turned red.”

 

 

Jisung looked at the older male again, he could still feel the small ebbing pain in his chest, but it didn’t bother him anymore.

“Hyung, what’s happening? Is something wrong with me?” He spoke, Chanyeol looked at him and shook his head.

They were just behind the mansion, surrounded by trees and his mother’s flowerbed.

“Then, why~”

“Jisung-ah?” Yemin’s voice echoed from the garage, then she appeared by the doorway and ran to him. She dropped the duffel bag she was holding on the ground before reaching him.

”Noona,”

Yemin exhaled, Jisung flinched when his sister looked into his eyes with fierce intensity.

“Feeling better?” Ahra approached them, Sehun grinned at the younger male before leaning against a tree trunk.

“Noona, there’s something wrong with me. I…I don’t feel right.” Jisung confessed.

“Sometimes, I lose my temper, and I feel this heat inside me. Then…I destroy things easily. You saw what happened to Joo Taesan and his~”

“We know. I visited them at the hospital.” Ahra nodded, Jisung let out a shaky breath and shook his head.

“Noona, I swear, I didn’t take any drugs, I don’t even know how I did that.”

Ahra glanced at Sehun and Chanyeol briefly.

“There’s something you need to know, kiddo.”

Jisung’s eyes went to the two males, Sehun started to take off his dress shirt, Chanyeol was in the middle of discarding his necktie.

“Y—ya, what’s happening?” He balked, Chanyeol smirked at him before running away from them, Sehun followed and the two completely disappeared.

“I think those two are taking drugs. Not me.” Jisung blinked, Yemin smiled at him.

Then he heard it, heavy footsteps and deep grunts.

Jisung froze when two beasts appeared by the flowerbed, their eyes were both red, their paws almost the size of his torso.

“N—Noona, we should~”

“Be careful, eomma will kill you if you destroy her roses.” Yemin warned, the black wolf stepped back and leapt over the bed.

Jisung panicked.

“This…is the thing you need to know about, kiddo.” Ahra spoke as she approached the brown wolf, Jisung wanted to pull her away, but the wolf plopped down and let Ahra lean against him.

Jisung was stunned, the black wolf stepped towards him, he swallowed.

“So..these…guys…Sehun hyung and Chanyeol hyung?” He blinked.

“Yeah.” Yemin hopped to him and mussed Sehun’s head before standing beside her brother.

“This is..a secret that has been kept for generations. Old families have been affected by this….shifting gene for a long time.”

“Old families?”

“Most males born in old families have a great possibility of becoming shifters. Werewolves.” Ahra explained.

“So, long ago, these families made a secret group, a society.”

“Paw Patrol.” Yemin mused, Ahra sent her a dry look.

“We made a deal with the government that we would always be protected and that our secret will be left hidden. You see, most of the prominent families now are also part of the society, this explains how only people in our circle are affected by this.”

Jisung paused.

“You mean to say…me too?”

“Yeah, you’re a wolf too.”

“Chabeol wolves.” Yemin chuckled, Sehun huffed at her.

Jisung started to shake his head.

“It’s a lot to take in, we know. But, this explains everything that’s been bothering you.” Ahra walked to him and took his hand in hers.

“The sudden temper flares, your strength and you’ll become highly sensitive to scent too.”

Jisung paused.

“L—Lavender.” He said, Ahra blinked at him.

“So, we think it’s best if you lay low for a while, okay? Well, until you finally shift into your wolf form, it will be hard to reign it in.”

Yemin nodded at him, Jisung blinked.

“It’s a lot to take in, maknae. Breathe.” Yemin encourage.

“My two older sisters just told me I’m a werewolf, and you think~” Jisung was about to argue with them but Yemin picked up a sizeable rock and tossed it at his direction.

Jisung expertly caught it before it could hit the back of Ahra’s head.

The brown wolf eyed Yemin pensively.

“See? It’s true, why would we lie to you.” Yemin shrugged, ignoring Chanyeol.

“Well, I wish you were.” Jisung said, Yemin shrugged at him.

“I really wonder what color your fur would be. I hope white, maybe we can try those organic pet dyes.” Yemin blurted.

Ahra balked at Yemin, she blinked back at him.

“I’ll be in my room.” Jisung muttered before walking back to the house, the black wolf just shook his head before disappearing in the dark.

 

 

Ahra glanced back at the house, her brows met together.

“Ya, Sehun’s with them. Stop worrying.” Chanyeol calm and soothing tone made her look up, he was smiling at her.

“My brother really is different, huh? He took it all in…calmly.” She recounted as they reached his waiting car.

“It’s not an easy thing to accept, your whole life changes.” Chanyeol said to her, she nodded.

“Where are we headed to? Can we go to a Chinese restaurant? I didn’t get to eat much inside.” Ahra asked as she stood before the Porsche Cayenne.

“I hope your dad doesn’t notice we escaped.” Chanyeol mused, she grinned before letting out a breath.

“It’s tiring. Why does she have to exist?” She murmured to herself, Chanyeol frowned before pulling the girl to his chest.

“Are you okay? I’m sorry if I haven’t been able to check on you lately.” He whispered lowly, Ahra just shook her head and buried her face against his chest.

“Does she still harass you at work?” He asked.

“I’m worried. I don’t know if that woman is planning something. I have to protect my family from her.”

Chanyeol placed his palms on her waist.

“Ya, Yemin’s back, she can help you.”

“Aniya, I can do it. I’m the noona, I should just do this.”

Chanyeol bit his lip, Ahra pulled back slightly.

“Thanks for being here, Park Chanyeol.” She said before cupping his cheek briefly, he chuckled before pressing his lips against hers.

“I only went here because I heard you were invited or something.” He teased, Ahra snorted.

“Let’s go then, you can stay at my place if it gets too late.” He offered, Ahra nodded, then they both paused when a taxi suddenly pulled over before them.

“I came just in time.” Shin Jaehee beamed at them as she slid down from the vehicle.

Ahra paused.

“Oh, I thought you couldn’t come.” Chanyeol stated.

“She was invited?” Ahra muttered, he glanced at her.

“Change of plans, I’m free to hang out with you two.” Jaehee beamed before looping her arm around Chanyeol’s.

“How was your night Ah~”

“I didn’t know we had plans with you.” Ahra started.

“Oh, yeah, I called Chanyeol earlier. Since I didn’t have anything to do tonight, I asked him if we could~”

“But we made plans tonight.” Ahra cut her off.

“Ahra,” Chanyeol nudged her.

“I have to stay here. Enjoy your night.” She stated, Chanyeol grabbed her hand before she could turn away from them.

“Hey, don’t be like this.”

“If you already made plans with someone else, then why do I have to go with you?” She replied, Chanyeol halted. Jaehee looked away.

“Ahra, it’s just Jaehee. She’s~”

“Well to put it simply, I don’t want to come anymore.”

Chanyeol’s brows met briefly.

“Change of plans. I’d rather be here than be with you and your friend.”

Ahra untied her ponytail, her usual scent, a mix of gardenia and honeysuckle hit Chanyeol.

 

"Go, since she's so free to hang out now." She said before walking away from them.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++