007

Society's Secret

 

 

Soojin shifted on her seat as she looked at the two Hans before her, Yemin and Jisung were chatting quietly as the Rolls Royce limousine breezed down the busy streets of Seoul.

“I’m glad you made a wise choice, appa.” Yemin spoke.

“Yemin-ah, we still haven’t talked about~”

“We don’t have to discuss about that. Like I said, she gets to stay if you give us what we want.”

“Must you talk like that? In front of her?” Mr. Han said agitatedly, Soojin smirked at the girl.

“Do you want me to ask her to turn away?” Yemin blinked, Jisung puffed his cheeks.

“Han Yemin!”

“Yes, I’m a Han.” She shrugged, the car started to ease down as they reached the HanShin building. Jisung went down first and offered a hand to his sister.

“How are you feeling?” Yemin asked him, she glanced behind them, Ahra was standing by her Aventador, speaking with her secretary.

“I got you flowers, noona. A welcome back gift.” Jisung smiled at her.

Yemin squeezed his hand before facing the rows and rows of employees waiting to welcome her.

“Let’s go then.” Mr. Han nodded at his children, Jung Soojin stood by the other directors and managers.

“Male heir gets to stand in the middle.” Ahra teased before standing beside her brother, Jisung rolled his eyes at her as Yemin took his other side.

They started to walk behind their father, employees greeted Yemin as she passed by.

“This is so uncomfortable.” She murmured, Jisung grinned at her.

“Whoa, they are complete.” A director murmured, Jung Soojin bit her lip.

“We have two Han ladies in the building now. It’s going to be a tight ship.” One mused back.

“Director Han Yemin has finally decided to join us. This is good news.”

Soojin crossed her arms.

“HanShin is in for good changes now. I wonder how the president’s little wife feels about this?” One snorted.

Soojin looked away.

“Mr. Han is safe, he has two smart daughters who can fend for themselves and of course, a son in training.”

Jung Soojin met Yemin’s gaze as she stepped before them.

“Thank you all for welcoming me here.” She spoke as she faced the crowd.

“I’ll do my best to keep up with HanShin’s standards, I hope for everyone’s guidance. Especially from our COO,”

Eyes went to Soojin immediately.

“Han Ahra, I hope she’ll go easy on me.” She joked, there was a stunned silence among the crowd.

“Oh right, it was decided just this morning. Han Ahra is HanShin’s COO.” Yemin said conversationally, Jung Soojin’s jaw clenched.

Jisung glanced at Ahra, then he winced as he felt that odd uncomfortable pain on his chest.

People started to clap, Yemin moved forward and walked with her father to the elevators.

Ahra paused as she reached Soojin’s side.

“So, this is your game. Trying to destroy what your father and I have.” Soojin stated.

“I’ve been playing this game for years, sweetie. How many girlfriends do you think I got rid off?” She mused before heading to the elevator.

“You will have your day, Han Ahra.” She stated. Yemin paused, clearly hearing her words.

The Han heiress just blew her a kiss before getting inside the machine.

Soojin exhaled and just stalked away from the group.

 

 

Yemin let out a shaky breath just as her newly appointed secretary left her inside her new swanky office.

“What did I get myself into? Why did I get so cocky?” She muttered as she paced back and forth the floor.

She halted when she noticed the box of sunflowers on her desk, she smiled. Jisung had stuck a photo of him and Yemin from seven years ago on the box.

“He has some sense after all.” She mused, then she paused when her phone started to ring. She plucked it out from her purse and blinked at the screen.

“How’s my anti-social and hotshot business woman doing?” A deep voice chuckled.

“You’re alive!” She gasped, the male from the other line snorted at her.

“I heard about you finally joining the corporate world, I was about to assume that you have a twin I never heard of.” He stated, Yemin chuckled, she looked up just as her secretary came walking in with small pots of different cacti and multiple boxes of microwaveable popcorn.

“Director, this came from Director Oh of Lotte Holdings’ office.” He said skeptically as he set the plant down. Yemin smiled and nodded at him.

“How are you holding up?” The male asked her.

“I’m starting to doubt whether I was drugged the day I asked my father to put me here.”

“Yemin-ah, you know you can’t escape this.” He said softly.

“I know.”

“It’s just being back, you know. I tried so hard to…run away from all this. You know that. You were there.” She said as she walked towards the potted cacti.

“Well, maybe it’s time to come home, Min. Your family needs you.”

“You heard about the woman?” She snorted as she picked up the box of microwaveable popcorn.

“I did. Don’t worry, I’ll be visiting soon. Take care.”

Yemin put her phone down and smiled at Oh Sehun’s gifts. She picked up at the card taped to one of the pots.

When somebody tries to mess with you there, throw one of these tough guys at their faces.

And I know you love popcorn.

I’ll come by later.

-Oh Sehun

Yemin just smiled before going to her seat.

 

 

Jisung stepped out of his car.

“So,” Hyunjin was smirking as he reached them.

“What?”

“The whole school knows.” Felix hummed.

“What?”

“That you gave her a lift home.” Hyunjin poked his arm repetitively.

“Did you expect me just to let her walk after what happened?” He replied warily as they walked towards their first period.

“But Ahyeon’s gained so much attention after what you did, lover boy.” Felix , Jisung just ignored them. They entered the halls of the school, and other students let them pass.

Jisung paused, there it was again.

That scent.

Lavender.

“Oh, it’s her.” Hyunjin was pointing towards one direction, he followed his friend’s gaze. Ahyeon was standing by her locker.

She paused when she saw Felix walking over to her. Jisung closed his eyes briefly.

“Join us, Ahyeon.” Hyunjin waved her over, Jisung looked at his friend, Ahyeon looked up to meet his gaze.

“We’ll walk you to your class. Don’t worry about Joo Taesan, he’s good as dead~”

Jisung nudged his friend, Hyunjin chuckled.

“Jisung didn’t kill him. Don’t worry.” Ahyeon mused back, Felix grinned and nodded at her.

“This is Hyunjin and Felix.” Jisung spoke to her.

“I know, people have been talking about what happened.” Ahyeon stated, her eyes went to his for a brief moment.

“And, you’re right.” She spoke as they walked together, the two boys behind them started to giggle.

“Huh?” Jisung paused, Ahyeon was fumbling with her backpack, then it hit him again.

The scent of lavender.

“I use lavender scented shampoo.” She mused as she took the jacket he lent her.

“O—oh, okay.” He nodded quickly before taking the jacket.

“And that was really creepy, you know. Asking me that.”

Jisung balked.

“I—I didn’t mean to, I’m s—sorry~”

Ahyeon started to laugh, Jisung halted.

“I’m just joking. We’re friends now, remember, Han?” She said before punching his arm playfully, Jisung tensed.

“I have class in five. See you guys around.” Ahyeon smiled at him before rushing to the stairs.

Jisung looked at the jacket in his hand.

“Lavender.” He whispered to himself and his eyes changed colors for a short second.

 

 

“This is perfect. I love this day. I am so okay. I’m not stressed out.” Yemin recited, Chanyeol chuckled from his seat.

“We’re celebrating this, Minnie. Whether you like it or not.” Ahra stated. The three were in a hip restaurant at downtown Seoul.

“Sehun’s already on his way. Now, smile for us, please.” Chanyeol again.

“I have four departments under my care, unnie. How could you?”

Ahra had assigned four major departments under her sister right away, those were all under Jung Soojin previously. But the woman didn’t know that yet.

“I trust you, Yemin. You know that.” Ahra beamed at her, Yemin made a face at her. The doors opened for a second, Sehun walked towards the table, he leaned over to kiss the side of Yemin’s head before taking his seat.

“Thanks for the plants, you prick.” She mused at him, Sehun chuckled.

“I wanted to get you something practical.”

“So, Jisung almost killed two boys over the weekend.” Ahra said conversationally as she picked up her fork.

“Huh?” Sehun paused.

“Unnie,” Yemin sighed.

“We think…Well, I think, this girl may have helped..triggered..the dark side.”

“Dark side? Very nice, Han Yemin.” Sehun glanced at her.

“He’s starting, oppa. The shifts in his moods, he yelled at the principal and slammed the door at him.” Yemin stated, Chanyeol bit his lip.

“He got all riled up when he saw this girl being harassed by a schoolmate, so he…took care of them.”

“Fractures and trauma. He tossed one boy across the floor and made a dent on the school wall.” Ahra stated.

“I’m worried; he might hurt other people.”

“Park Chanyeol?” A feminine voice made them all look up, Sehun glanced at Yemin briefly, clearly asking who the girl was.

“Shin Jaehee!” Chanyeol stood up to greet the girl, Ahra paused.

The name sounded so familiar.

“It’s been so long!” Jaehee practically leaped in his arms, Sehun blinked.

“Ahra-yah, do you remember Jaehee? One of my old friends.” Chanyeol said to her.

Ahra slowly stood up, she offered one hand to the girl.

“Ah, his best friend.” Yemin whispered to Sehun.

“It’s so good to see you, how have you been?” Chanyeol asked her as Ahra shook the girl’s hand.

“She hates her.” Yemin whispered again.

“Oh, that person.” Sehun stated, remembering what happened before.

“It’s good to see you again, Jaehee.” Ahra spoke.

“I missed Seoul so much. We should go out tomorrow.” Jaehee looped her arm around his, Ahra took her seat.

“Yeah, let’s go out tomorrow.” Chanyeol chuckled, Jaehee bid the group goodbye. She squeezed Chanyeol’s hand before leaving them.

Yemin looked at her older sister briefly.

“So, your bff is in town.” Sehun mused. Yemin eyed him warily.

“Yeah, I hope she finally comes home. Her family’s worried about her.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Yeah, I’m sure they are. The girl doesn’t look like she’s conditioned her hair in years or something. I’d be worried too.” Ahra stated, the table grew silent.

Then she started to laugh.

“I’m joking. It’s to lighten up Yemin’s mood.” She smiled.

“Heol.” Yemin said under her breath,

 

Sehun grinned at her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++