026

Society's Secret

 

“Not bad, right?” Taemin said as they stepped out of Yemin’s office, his secretary followed behind him.

“We could use some improvements.” Yemin nodded as they made their way to the elevator.

“But we can reschedule that meeting to next week, right? We still need to meet the new subcontractors.” Taemin suggested.

“I’ll have someone from my team reach you, oppa.” Yemin replied, then the elevator doors opened, she smiled when she saw Sehun step out of the machine.

“Then, I’ll wait in the conference room.” Taemin stated.

“Sure.” Yemin said before walking towards the other male.

“Are you busy? I didn’t know you had a meeting.” Sehun said softly as she reached him, his eyes went over her shoulder briefly, Taemin was speaking with his secretary and one of HanShin’s managers.

“Yeah, there’s a lot of attention on the project with LeeSan.” She shrugged at him, Sehun nodded.

“I can come back later, I brought some snacks over~” Sehun was about to press the elevator’s button again but Yemin grabbed his sleeve and tugged on it.

“No, just stay. It will be over quick.” She smiled at him.

“You’re not going to half- your job, right?” Sehun said teasingly before touching her hair, he could feel Taemin’s heavy gaze on him.

“Heol, what do you take me for?” She chuckled before squeezing his hand and walking back to Taemin.

Sehun smiled to himself before walking towards Yemin’s office, he glanced over his shoulder and found Taemin looking at him with a smirk on his face.

 

 

Jisung puffed his cheeks as he looked at the letter on his desk.

“What are we, five?” Felix mumbled as they picked up their backpacks, Jisung just chucked the letter in bag and followed his friends.

“Why would they want our parents to come here?” Hyunjin shook his head as they walked out of the classroom.

“My mom and dad in one room…I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Jisung recounted, then he paused.

There it was again.

Lavender.

He glanced up, Ahyeon’s back was facing them as she headed for the stairs. Jisung bit his lip, he could sense that his eyes were flashing red.

“Ya,” Felix looked at him worriedly. Jisung closed his eyes and shook his head.

“You should talk to her, I don’t think she meant things that way.” Hyunjin said carefully.

“She’s afraid of me. She’s afraid of what I am.” Jisung said softly, Felix frowned.

“Jisung-ah, she just~”

“I’m a monster in her eyes.” Jisung shrugged before walking ahead of the two.

“I don’t think she means that way. It’s a lot to take in.” Felix mumbled as he followed his friend.

 

 

Ahra let out a shaky breath before stepping out of her office, she made her way to the elevators.

She got in the machine and closed her eyes. She pushed herself off the wall as the doors opened again, then she paused when she saw Jung Soojin standing by the glass windows, the woman was murmuring on her phone.

Ahra glanced around her.

“I would kill for wolf hearing right now.” She mumbled to herself, then her phone pinged.

She halted and took it out.

It was an email from Chanyeol’s office, her brows rose briefly before opening it.

There was a photo of a middle aged man on her screen, she started to scroll down on the file. Her eyes widened in realization.

“Deceased?” She mouthed, she started to read through the file.

“Ahra?”

She looked up, Shin Jaehee was standing before her, Ahra put her phone back in her purse.

“What brings you here?” She asked, Jaehee gave her a small smile before talking.

“I want to talk to you. Do you have time?”

“Is this part where you tell me to back off and let you have him back?” Ahra asked flatly, Jaehee stilled.

“If I’m right, then please, not today. I have so much on my plate right now.” She stated before sidestepping her, but Jaehee pulled her back.

“You are right. You know I need him right now.”

Ahra shook her head.

“If he wants to go to you, he will.”

“You’re holding him back. You’ve always been holding him back.” Jaehee spat, employees paused and glanced at the other girl.

“Really? Me?” Ahra shook her hand off.

“Then so why are you here harassing me instead of running to him? Shouldn’t you be with him right now?” She replied, Jaehee paused, her brows met briefly.

“Face it, Jaehee. You were wrong. He chose me.” Ahra pointed out.

“Just me.” Ahra finished before walking away from her.

 

 

Sehun was standing outside Yemin’s office, he was leaning over the balustrade as he took it in Seoul’s view.

Then his ears perked up.

“See? I told you, oppa. It would work.” Yemin said conversationally, Taemin chuckled.

“You do know we still need some testing on that, right?”

“It’s nothing but formality,” She snorted. Sehun glanced behind him.

“Then, how about we go out for lunch? To celebrate.” Taemin was smiling at her, Yemin paused, but she shook her head.

“I kind of have a date waiting.” She said before gesturing towards Sehun, the latter blinked at the girl.

Taemin bit his lip before nodding.

“Then, next time.” He said before taking her hand in his and giving it a small squeeze before leaving, Sehun had his arms crossed as he walked towards her.

“What was that?” Sehun was smiling as he reached her.

“Work.” Yemin sighed before burying her face on his chest.

“Can’t wait for this week to be over.” She murmured.

“Aigoo, you were never made for too much corporate work.” Sehun chuckled before wrapping his arms around her.

“I’m glad you’re here. Thanks for always checking up on me.” She smiled as she pulled back to meet his gaze.

“It feels like I have to do that constantly.” Sehun mused back before pressing his nose against her hair, he noticed that Taemin was still waiting for the elevator across them.

Sehun’s eyes flashed red as he met his gaze before pulling Yemin into the office with him.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++