036

Society's Secret

Ahra glanced at the empty chair on the head of the table before smiling.

“So, what are our plans for today?” Yemin asked as she sat down, she was still clad in her Gucci pajamas and faux fur slippers.

Jisung came walking in already dressed for school, he paused as he entered the dining hall. Ahra grinned at him.

He sighed before taking his seat.

“Good morning, baby brother.” Yemin chuckled.

“Noona, you don’t need to come, really.”

“Why? We don’t want you to feel bad, imagine, the other kids will have their~”

“I’m a senior. I wont feel bad if family members don’t come.” He reasoned out, Ahra laughed.

“But, we’ll feel bad if we wont.” Yemin , Jisung just picked up his coffee.

“Aren’t you two too busy to be at my school anyway?” He replied. It was just two weeks ago when their father took an indefinite leave of absence in the company and appointed Ahra as president while he was away. And that move made Yemin to CEO of HanShin Group, which she didn’t really like, but went with the flow anyway.

“We always have time for you.” Yemin blew him a kiss.

“Ugh.”

 

 

Ahra cleared before picking up her lemon tea, she had just left a meeting minutes ago regarding HanShin’s improvement for the the next quarter.

She put her phone down and leaned against the table, her cheek pressing on the glass top.

“Is this a bad time?” A deep masculine voice asked.

“Am I doing a good job?” She replied without looking up, Chanyeol smiled before picking up one of the upholstered chairs and placing it beside hers.

It was one of the rare tired and low-spirited Han Ahra moments.

Chanyeol sat down beside her and took one of her hands in his and picked up a pen.

Ahra turned her head to look at him.

tumblr_p1k9rkyijc1uwlz2bo1_540.gif

Chanyeol was drawing something on her palm.

“Any word from your father?” He asked.

“He’s still in Jeju, all holed up in his villa. But,” Ahra bit her lip before continuing.

“He could have at least given me a heads up. I just wanted to be COO, not president,” She whispered.

Chanyeol met her gaze.

“He knew you could do it. You’re Han Ahra.” He touched her hair, Ahra sat up and looked at her palm.

“I’m just used to having him around, telling me how to do things and teaching me..all this..” She trailed off. She looked at her palm, Chanyeol had drawn a small sunflower and put a smiley face on it, she smiled.

“You ready? You said we need to head to Jisung’s school.” He asked while poking her shoe with his.

“No, you’re perfect.” She scrunched her nose at him before kissing his cheek and standing up.

Chanyeol chuckled before helping her with her coat.

“Don’t we have dinner with your parents tonight?” She asked as they stepped out of her office, Chanyeol nodded as Ahra hooked her arm around his.

“I should pick up a dress or something later then,” Ahra noted.

“Wae? Are you trying to impress them or something?” Chanyeol chuckled, Ahra eyed him warily.

“They’ve known you since we were kids, Ahra. You don’t have to~”

“I don’t want to dress up nicely, what is it to you?” She made a face at him, Chanyeol laughed and just pulled her in the elevator.

“You don’t really have to try to impress them. They probably love you more than they love me, their own son.” He mused as the door closed.

“Of course they do.” Ahra nodded, Chanyeol rolled his eyes at her before wrapping one arm around the HanShin president.

 

 

Sehun was finishing something in his office while Yemin was lying on the couch, playing a game on her phone.

“Are you sure that Jisung really invited us over?” Sehun asked with a small smile.

“Of course.” She hummed back, Sehun looked up from his computer and smirked.

“You didn’t force him to invite you and Ahra noona?”

“Why would we?” She snorted, Sehun started to grin before shutting his laptop close and walking towards her.

“You’re probably lying.” Sehun chuckled before lying down beside her, Yemin grunted and scooted over to make space for him.

“How’s work? You hate being stuck in Seoul.” He asked softly, Yemin put his phone down and looked at him.

tumblr_nrkffhsGTw1skn9yko1_500.gif

“Well?” Sehun toyed with a lock of her hair and curled it around his finger.

“Work is..fine. I know unnie needs me to stay permanently.”

“And you’re okay with that?” Sehun asked.

“Yeah, I mean, it’s not that bad. It has its perks.” She winked at him, Sehun chuckled before kissing the side of her head.

“We should really be heading out now.” Yemin spoke.

“Five more minutes.” Sehun murmured before wrapping his arms around her and closing his eyes.

 

 

Hyunjin was smiling in a greasy manner as he sat across his friends, Ahyeon glanced at him, confused.

“What’s up with him?”

They were having lunch at the cafeteria as the school’s annual Family Day went on full swing outside. Ahyeon’s mother was outside, happily chatting with Hyunjin and Felix’s parents.

“He’s weird, just ignore him.” Jisung told her.

“He…Well, we just want to know,” Felix started as he set his sandwich down.

“What?”

“What are you two doing?” Hyunjin finished.

“Eating..?” Ahyeon blinked at the two, Felix gave her a dramatic eyeroll.

“I mean, when will you two make it official? You’re driving us crazy.”

Jisung stopped chewing, he looked at his plate.

tumblr_p03gt42ZxN1wgmvh9o1_250.gif

Ahyeon paused, her cheeks turning pink, Jisung sighed and eyed his friends warily.

“You two.” He muttered darkly, Jisung glanced at Ahyeon briefly.

Then the cafeteria doors opened, the youngest Han winced, Ahyeon grew amused, she just reached for Jisung’s hand underneath the table.

Ahra and Chanyeol were the first ones to stroll in, while Yemin walked together with Sehun, her eyes were roaming around the cafeteria.

“Your sisters…they’ve always been popular.” Hyunjin mused as other students, especially the male ones, stopped eating and just stared at the two.

Then Yemin stopped walking.

“Han Jisung!” Ahra was grinning at her brother, but then she halted, her eyes were on something behind her brother.

“Is something wrong?” Ahyeon asked, then she followed Ahra’s gaze.

Jisung glanced behind them.

“U—Uncle,” Chanyeol blinked, Yemin glanced at Sehun’s brows rising.

Mr. Han was standing just meters away from their table, Ahra bit her lip.

“Do you think they’ll notice if we make a run for the doors?” Yemin whispered to her boyfriend.

Ahyeon shifted uncomfortably on her seat.

“It’s family day, right?” Mr. Han spoke as he walked towards his son.

Yemin and Ahra both looked at their brother.

Jisung exhaled before standing up.

“Well, now it’s not.” He quipped before sidestepping his sister and heading out of the cafeteria.

Ahra looked away, Yemin puffed her cheeks.

 

“I—I’ll talk to him..It’s..It’s nice to see you again, Mr. Han.” Ahyeon stood up, she gave the elder a polite bow before following Jisung out of the building.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++