017

Society's Secret

 

 

Ahyeon jumped slightly when the doors swung open.

“Unnie!” She stood up, Yemin was dressed in a pair of dark sweatpants and a tank top.

“I remembered I have to feed the kids.” She said with a smile as she walked in with two boxes of pizza in her arms.

Jisung smiled and stood up.

“So not in the mood for dinner with the patriarch.” She pointed out as Jisung set the pizza on the table across his TV.

“Come.” Yemin ushered her over as she sat down on the carpeted floor.

“Hyung called you?” Jisung asked as he chewed.

“Yeah, he did. He was…worried about you too.” Yemin murmured.

Ahyeon bit her lip, then she took a bunch of napkins and placed two slices on them.

“I’ll let you two talk. Thanks for dinner, unnie. Good night.” Ahyeon said as she stood up, Yemin noticed how Jisung shifted in his seat.

“Good night.” He said, Ahyeon just smiled at him before leaving the room.

“Unnie has her reasons, you know that.” Yemin murmured, Jisung exhaled.

“Noona, you just got back, and now she’s leaving. Does that even make any sense?”

“You didn’t have to use the mom card. We talked about that.” Yemin said.

“I just don’t understand, I already said I’d protect you two.” He muttered.

“We know that, kiddo. And we know you’d do anything for us, but, unnie must have felt suffocated being here. Jung Soojin has been pushing her buttons way too much. That’s why she let herself be kicked out.”

“Does this mean we’re just letting this be? Are you guys really going to let her win?” Jisung asked her, Yemin smiled before reaching to pat his cheek.

“Like I’d let that happen, maknae.”

 

 

“I’m probably your biggest headache now.” Ahra started as she leaned against the veranda’s railings.

“You’re not.” Chanyeol said as he joined her, she just pulled her cardigan closer to her.

“Thanks for letting me crash.”

“I like having you here, you make things calmer for me.” Chanyeol said softly as he leaned on the railing beside her, and then he looked at her and studied the expression on her face.

“You don’t regret it? You just~”

“Let my father kick me out?” Ahra mused.

“Ahra, I know this~”

“Yes it is, it’s difficult.” She stated, her brows furrowing together.

“He actually took her side. He took a stranger’s side and cast me out.” She crossed her arms, Chanyeol pushed himself off the railings and stood in front of her.

“It drives me crazy inside, but..I guess that’s the truth I have to deal with now.” Ahra bit her lower lip.

“That my father would choose a stranger over me.” She murmured, her tears threatening to fall.

Chanyeol just wrapped his arms around her, he just kissed the top of her head and pulled her closer to him.

“I’m sorry you had to see that.” Ahra mumbled.

“It’s okay. It’s okay to cry.” Chanyeol said, Ahra just let out a shaky breath, he could feel the front of his shirt getting damp.

“I hate crying.” Ahra pulled away, she was pouting.

“I know, ice princess.” Chanyeol nodded before brushing the tears away from her cheeks.

“Can we eat now?” She asked, her fingers curling on the sleeve of his shirt.

“Promise me one thing first,” He said, Ahra blinked but she nodded.

“That you wont keep things to yourself. If it gets difficult, you always have me. Okay?” Chanyeol cupped her cheeks.

“Yeah, right now, I’m just hungry.” She pointed out, he chuckled before pulling her to the dining room.

 

 

“I’m curious.” Ahyeon started as Jisung stepped on the gas, they were riding in another Mercedes Benz G Class Wagon, the youngest Han refused to use any of his sister’s cars. And apparently, Jisung had three G Class Wagons, one was a gift from his parents, it was in the color black. Yemin gifted him with a silver one last year and Ahra bought him a red one a few months ago.

It was kind of obvious to Ahyeon that the Hans don’t know how to coordinate with their gifts and they were just crazy rich.

“What?” Jisung was grinning as he maneuvered the silver car out of the Han property.

“Your father seems to trust Chanyeol oppa so much, most fathers…I mean, does he know that unnie is at his place?”

Jisung nodded.

“I’ve known Chanyeol hyung since I was a baby. In a way, we grew up together. The Parks are our family friend. So, that’s why appa never has any problem with hyung.”

“Oh, they have a story.” Ahyeon smiled.

“Is it the same with Sehun oppa too?”

Jisung shook his head.

“Not..really, Sehun hyung’s family is close with the Parks.”

“Huh?”

“Well, Business 101,” Jisung started, Ahyeon grew amused.

“Samsung and Lotte are very close-knitted when it comes to business, right?” He said.

“I think I read about that from somewhere.”

“Chanyeol hyung is Samsung, Oh Sehun hyung is Lotte.”

Ahyeon blinked at him before tying her hair in a loose ponytail, her scent hit him briefly. Jisung smiled at the familiar lavender aroma that reached his nostrils, he just glanced at her before reaching out to brush her bangs from her face.

“Yemin noona didn’t meet Sehun hyung until her..sophomore year in college.” He shrugged, Ahyeon could feel her cheeks heat up.

“But really, who would oppose Sehun hyung? He’s kind of perfect for Han Yemin.” Jisung mused.

 

 

“This is impossible. How do I run this household?” Yemin muttered as Kris joined her in the garden.

“Just wing it. You always do.” Kris mused.

“Jisung’s a freaking time bomb now, one wrong move from Jung Soojin and I might really have to call a veterinarian to the house.” She pointed out, Kris grinned.

“I saw Sehun last night.” Kris noticed how the girl froze.

“Is he okay? How is he?” She asked.

“He was drinking, well, more than he does.” Kris stated, Yemin nodded.

“What happened? He mentioned…Taemin.”

Yemin shook her head.

“I just…I can’t do this now, Kris.”

“Well, you have to. Sehun’s always been uncomfortable about this. He knows he’s in the dark, Yemin.” Kris pointed out, Yemin sighed.

“I’ve been trying to call him.” She stated.

“But..he’s not picking up.”

“You should tell him. Would you rather wait for the beast to come out?” Kris crossed his arms.

“Don’t you have work today? Some sort of CF filming?” She glared at him. Kris laughed.

“I have. See you later.” Kris mussed her hair before jogging back to the house.

Yemin exhaled as she looked at her phone, then it started to ring.

“What the hell?” She murmured before picking up.

“What~”

“Director, where are you? You have to rush here.” Her secretary asked in a panicky tone.

“Why? Is~”

 

“Jung Soojin just became COO of HanShin.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++