012

Society's Secret

 

Sehun eased down the car as they reached HanShin’s front, Yemin was typing on her phone as stepped on the brakes.

“Have fun.” He cheered, Yemin chuckled.

“I’m starting to think of this as some sort of penance, you know.” She said before keeping her phone.

“I mean, I ran away from HanShin and everything, only thinking of myself. It’s like I was running away from you too.” She puffed her cheeks, Sehun started to smile.

“Were you?” He asked teasingly.

“What kind of girl would run away from you?” She shook her head, Sehun chuckled.

“I’ll take the weekend off and we can…hang out.” She faced him.

“Wow, girlfriend gets back in Seoul and now she’s eating up my weekends.” Sehun brushed his hair away from his forehead.

“Well you can choose not to, I can just walk around the house and search for ways to uproot Jung Soojin off the property.” She crossed her arms, Sehun just reach over to pat her hair.

“I’ll come and pick you up.” He nodded, Yemin beamed at him before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“Say hi to your parents for me. And, does eommonim still cook~”

“Crabs in soy sauce, yes, I’ll bring some over soon.” Sehun winked at her, Yemin nodded and slid down from the vehicle.

Sehun just watched as Yemin waked towards the building.

“Lee Taemin. He’s back.” He murmured to himself before speeding away.

 

 

Jisung slid down from the car and walked around it, Ahyeon was already standing by the front gates of her family’s house.

“Thanks for dropping me off.”

“Thanks for accompanying us ditch class.” Jisung said with a grin.

Ahyeon shook her head.

“Probably the last time I’ll be accompanying you.” She pointed out, Jisung nodded.

“Do..Do you ride your bike to school everyday?” He asked her.

“Yeah.”

Jisung looked around them, his brows met briefly.

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow then.”

Ahyeon paused.

“Jisung, it’s~”

“Look who we have here, is he new? The new lover boy?”

Jisung paused, Ahyeon frowned.

There were a bunch of males moving towards them.

“He even has a nice car. Aigoo, our Ahyeon has upgraded.” One cackled, Jisung’s brows knit together as he noticed that they were carrying baseball bats.

“We heard from Taesan that your new boy toy is the new reason he was sent to the hospital.”

“Just leave.” Ahyeon was about to step forward, but Jisung yanked her back.

“Aigoo, don’t worry, rich boy. We wont touch your girl.” One moved forward.

Jisung’s shoulder tensed, then they all started to press in on them.

Ahyeon felt Jisung’s grip on her wrist tighten, she flinched slightly, he just pulled the girl behind him.

“Why aren’t you speaking? Cat got your tongue?” One teased as he hit the bat on the ground two times.

“I’m just amused. Are those bats supposed to scare for me?” Jisung retorted.

“Taesan did warn us about your cockiness.”

Jisung smirked, he just started to move back, then Ahyeon felt her back press against the car.

Then Jisung faced her, she tensed at his sudden proximity. He gave her a smile before opening the car’s door behind her.

“Stay here.” He said before lifting her up on the car and closing the door behind him.

“You know, I find it so amusing,” Jisung faced the males again, his voice had gone deeper.

The four males looked at him challengingly.

“Where do you even find the time to bother one girl? How petty.” Jisung spat, two males stepped forward.

“We’re amazed too; do you think you could take us on?” One stated before lifting the bat and aiming for Jisung’s neck.

And then it him.

Ahyeon screamed inside the car, but then Jisung glanced behind him and just stared at the bat. He snorted and just faced them again.

The males were gaping at him, the youngest Han plucked the bat from the male’s grip and tossed it away.

“My turn.” He mused, totally unaffected by the hit he just received.

Ahyeon watched as he moved forward, she quickly slid down from the vehicle and ran towards him.

“L—let go,” The male choked, Jisung’s grip on his neck was tight.

“We’re warning you, we can call the police!” The other male, who was sitting on the ground yelped, he had a swollen left eye and his mouth was bleeding.

Jisung smirked at him.

“Yes, they can also hear about you harassing a high school student.” Jisung pointed out, there was that strange sound coming from his strange again that alarmed Ahyeon as she reached him.

Then he started to lift the male upwards, the latter started to gasp for air.

“Jisung-ah,” Ahyeon said softly, his gaze went to her.

Ahyeon saw how his eyes flashed red again, she tensed.

“Put him down. Come on.” She tugged on his sleeve, his other hand curled into a fist.

“Please. You might kill him.” She pleaded, people were starting to gather around them.

“Jisung, please.” Ahyeon repeated, she was already holding onto his curled fist.

Jisung’s closed his eyes briefly before dropping the male.

“Get in the car.” He ordered before walking away.

Ahyeon let out a shaky breath before following him back to his Mercedes.

 

 

Ahra chewed on her lip as she positioned her laptop on her lap. Her hands hovered over the keys as she started to read her emails.

“Homework?” Chanyeol asked as he joined her on the couch.

“Sort of.” She shrugged, he smiled and nodded before picking up the remote control.

“Yemin called me earlier.” He started.

“Really?”

“She warned me to check on you, she mentioned something about that director Jin being a little too overly friendly with her one time.”

“Yemin was worried about me? Daebak.” Ahra mused, Chanyeol nodded, then he gently pulled the laptop away from her and set it down.

“I don’t think she was. She was worried for him. Not everyone can handle you.” He chuckled, Ahra rolled her eyes at him. He just smiled before gathering Ahra in his arms.

“But I can. It’s like a talent. I can stop a Han Ahra from exploding.” He hummed, Ahra stared at the screen.

“Hey,” He nudged her, Chanyeol could feel the tension coming from her. His forehead furrowed.

“If you don’t want me to meet her, I wont.” He said, Ahra blinked in surprise. She turned her head to look at him.

“If it means that I might lose you, I’d rather not take that risk.” He continued.

“Yeol, I didn’t mean it that way. I just…wanted you to be careful, and that…you know, some distance would do you well.” She said, Ahra climbed onto his lap and met his gaze evenly.

“I..overreacted, she’s your friend too. I guess I just panicked seeing her again~”

“Aniya, you have a point. I don’t want to get in trouble.” He finished, Ahra frowned, but Chanyeol just pulled her in for a hug.

“Thanks for keeping me in check, Han Ahra.” He whispered.

Ahra just smiled and just kissed the side of his head.

“So, your phone’s been vibrating nonstop.” He said conversationally.

“Really? I left it in my bag.”

“I took the liberty of checking it for you.” He hummed, Ahra grew amused.

“Okay.”

“Why are guys still trying to slide into your DMs?” He demanded, Ahra chuckled.

“I don’t really open their messages. You keep me busy most of the time.” She rolled her eyes, Chanyeol just smiled and mussed her hair.

 

 

Yemin shut the double doors behind her, Mr. Han looked up from his desk.

“Yemin,”

“I…need to discuss something with you, abeoji. Is the room empty?” She asked as she looked around the study.

“Yes, sit down.” He stood up from his seat and walked towards the couch.

Yemin exhaled and sat down across the elder.

“It’s starting, appa.”

The male paused, he took off his glasses and looked at his daughter.

“Jisung…is shifting.”

“H—Have you already told him?”

“We tried to explain everything to him, he seems..calm about it, but there’s been some..accidents.”

“About those kids admitted to the hospital? I thought it was just some high school brawl.” He asked.

“Him against two kids, appa. It wasn’t a brawl. Jisung tossed them around like ragdolls.” Yemin explained, the man sighed.

“And, what happened the other time with your fiancé, she somehow aggravated Jisung, she almost…got hurt.”

The male looked away and cleared his throat.

“What are you suggesting? Like what Ahra thinks? That I kick her out?”

“She doesn’t know.” Yemin paused, her father nodded.

“It’s not something to be discussed openly, Yemin. You know that.” His father’s eyes flashed red as he spoke, she nodded.

“Just…I just wanted you to know, appa. If things get~”

They both looked up when her father’s secretary rushed in the room.

“Sir, I just got a call from the police station.”

Yemin frowned, somehow she could sense that it was bad.

“Your car was reported. Well, the one you assigned to the young master.”

Yemin stood up.

“Why was it reported? Did he get in an accident?” Yemin asked.

“Aniyo, he’s accused of…harassing some neighborhood boys. It was said that he got into a fight with four boys, they all ended up needing emergency care. One of them managed to memorize his license plate and reported him.”

Mr. Han slowly shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Jisung’s being…detained at the station right now.” The secretary nodded.

“Appa, I’ll go. It’s better this way, there might be media there.” Yemin stated, her father nodded at her.

 

She rushed out of the room while calling for Kris, totally unaware of the small retreating figure by the staircase.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++