010

Society's Secret

 

Yemin chewed on her lower lip as the meeting went on, there were four directors together with her and Ahra inside the room. The discussion as all about HanShin’s new venture for the upcoming opening year and of course, new projects to be approved and revised.

“So, you’re saying that we have to wait again? Why are we on a waiting list? They should be waiting on us, not the other way around.” Ahra’s cold tone made Yemin flinch on her seat.

“Chairman, it’s a little difficult to set a meeting and schedule with their office. Our team has been~”

“Check with HanShin Banking, they took out a loan with us six months ago.” She replied as she set her phone down.

“If they try to deny my request to meet their president again, release news about their loan. And I know they’ve been trying to haggle interest terms.” She pointed out, the male nodded and closed his mouth.

Yemin’s brows rose, something was wrong. Her sister was too tense, and it was pretty obvious that Han Ahra was in a terrible mood.

“What about you, director Han? Anything you’d like to discuss?” Ahra leaned on the desk.

Yemin shook her head, she picked up the folder before her slightly.

“For now, nothing. I haven’t yet fully reviewed all the departments assigned to me. I’ll be going around and visiting offices this afternoon.”

“Good, then, we’re done.” Ahra nodded before standing up, the four directors rushed out of the room.

Yemin shook her head and walked towards her sister.

“What’s happening?” She asked, Ahra blinked at her.

“Unnie, I know you. Most days, you’re usually cold and blunt, but today, you’re totally a Disney villain.”

Ahra picked up her coat and put it on.

“I noticed someone arrive at the party last night.”

Yemin halted, Ahra grinned at her.

“I didn’t know he was in town.”

“Or, he didn’t you were in town.” Ahra teased, Yemin sent her a look. The eldest Han chuckled.

“Unnie, back to the subject.” Yemin crossed her arms, Ahra shrugged at her.

“I just have some things I need to deal with. Nothing big.”

“Nothing big as in,….you’ve been ignoring Chanyeol oppa’s calls the whole morning?” Yemin asked, Ahra exhaled.

“I’m fine, Yemin. You should go and have lunch.” She smiled before pushing her sister towards the door.

“Does Sehun know about him?” Ahra asked, Yemin paused.

“Yes, he does. A little bit.”

“So much history.” Ahra mused, Yemin just swatted her hands away.

“At least send oppa a message that you’re okay, you cold hearted .” Yemin said, Ahra just rolled her eyes before closing the door.

 

 

“You should join us!” Felix hooted as he pulled Ahyeon to their table.

“Ani, I’m actually okay sitting with my~”

“Ask your friend to come too.” Hyunjin nudged her, Ahyeon glanced at Miran, who was already covering her face and walking away from her.

“Uhm, Hyunjin, I~”

“You’re here.”

She paused at the familiar voice, Jisung was already seated, his lunch tray set before them.

Ahyeon could almost see his red eyes again. She coughed and shook her head.

“Join us, or else they wont step pestering you.” He said, Ahyeon took her seat across him, Felix chuckled and plopped down beside Jisung.

“I don’t get why they force use seniors to attend every club meeting, social event and this school meet thing. We’re leaving in a few months.” Hyunjin stated as they started to eat.

Jisung glanced at Ahyeon briefly, the carrots from the meat and setting them aside.

He grew amused.

“What do you think, only girl?” Felix grinned at her.

“Well, since we get points for attendance, it’s not that~”

“How about we ditch this afternoon?” Hyunjin suggested, Ahyeon blinked at him.

“Felix you drove your car this morning.” He added, Felix started to nod slowly.

“I think you should stop your friends.” Ahyeon whispered, Jisung looked up to meet her gaze.

Then he started to smile, Ahyeon paused, her tummy doing funny things.

“Why don’t you join us?” Jisung asked her.

“You guys are crazy.” She replied, Jisung chuckled before quietly taking the carrots of her plate.

“I’ll wait for you at the parking lot.” He said before picking up his drink.

 

 

Jung Soojin leaned back on her seat, she was staring at her emails. There were a bunch of blurry photos sent to her.

She zoomed in on a photo of a wolf again.

“Maybe I had too much to drink.” She murmured to herself, then she picked up her phone.

“Yes, butler Joon,”

Jung Soojin stood up and walked towards the windows.

“Has Jisung left for school already?” She asked, then her lips quirked up slightly.

“I’d like to visit him at his school, I just want to know if he’s doing well. He doesn’t really talk to his father that much.”

“The president’s really worried about him, I think it would be best if I see him myself. And, I heard about the incident days ago.”

Soojin nodded before putting her phone down. She picked up the printed out photos before her. It was taken at Apgujeong High, at the scene where Jisung reportedly tossed two classmates around as if they were ragdolls.

“Han Jisung is the next male heir. Therefore, he’s next in line.” She noted as she grabbed her purse.

“Then, he most likely is the next Han wolf.” She stared at her screen again, the Han family tree was flashing before her.

“But, why isn’t your father one?” She murmured.

Soojin closed her laptop before leaving her office.

 

 

Yemin yawned again as she looked away from the screen, she was twirling her pen around her fingers when she heard the door open.

“Lunch?” Sehun was smiling as he stepped in her office, clad in a black turtleneck sweater and fitted slacks.

“I’m hungry.” She scrunched her nose at him.

“I have a deliver.” He mused, Yemin was about to stand when another tall male entered the office, she halted.

“I told you I’d come by and visit.”

“Wu Yifan!” She chuckled before rushing to hug the older male, Sehun plopped down on one of the couches.

Kris chuckled and mussed her hair before pulling away.

“I’m a little late for the party, but I heard from Mr. Oh here that there’s been some sort of coupe d’état going on?”

“Yeah, we’re trying to overthrow the woman our father’s been banging.” Yemin shrugged, Sehun looked at her.

“Han Ahra’s been in a bad mood all day and it rubbed on me.” She said apologetically.

“Typical Ahra.” Kris nodded, Yemin sat down and curled against Sehun’s side.

“I sent my bags to your place.” Kris stated.

“Good, self inviting, very efficient.” Yemin mused, Sehun grinned. Wu Yifan or Kris, is a famous celebrity in China and also, a close friend to the Hans, especially to Yemin. They were practically best of friends.

“I love your house, besides, I want to see this creature you seem to hate so much.”

“Jisung almost lost it in front of her.” Sehun stated.

“Oh, that stage already? Reflexes?” Kris asked.

“Yeah. I give it a month or so.” Yemin replied, worry took over her face again.

“I’m glad you’re in town though, ge. I really am.”

“Watch over her, hyung. She seems to get in more trouble than usual.” Sehun smiled, Yemin shook her head.

“I’m already in enough trouble, I work for HanShin now, remember?”

Kris laughed.

“It’s pretty weird, seeing you in this corporate set up. You ran away from this for years.”

Yemin was about to reply when her secretary opened the doors. Kris followed her gaze when he saw his friend tense up.

Sehun paused when Yemin stood up her hand leaving his.

“O—ppa,” Yemin blurted, the secretary spoke after bowing.

“Director, director Lee Taemin or LeeSan Group is here for his meeting.”

Kris whistled and shook his head.

“They said to head up to director Han’s office.”

Yemin looked way.

“I didn’t know which one.” Taemin finished with a small awkward smile. Kris wanted to roll over and laugh on his seat.

“What do you mean, oppa?” Yemin asked, confused.

“LeeSan and HanShin has this partnership for next year. We’ll be working together.” Taemin met her gaze and he smiled.

Yemin swallowed and looked at her shoes.

“Wow, what a coincidence.” Kris hummed, Yemin had the urge to kick him.

Sehun exhaled before standing up.

“Keep it short, we still have that reservation.” He said to her, Yemin blinked, distracted, but she nodded at him. Sehun glanced at Taemin briefly before walking towards Yemin.

 

“I’ll wait downstairs.” He said with a small smile before pressing his lips against her jaw and leaving the room.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++