015

Society's Secret

 

“This how you define a snack.” Yemin grew amused as two large pan pizzas were served on their table.

“This is lunch.” Taemin chuckled before placing a slice on her plate.

“How have you been?” He asked her.

“After…college…I started working.”

“I heard, Woori Bank, right?” He asked good-naturedly before taking a bite of his pizza.

“Yes, I was assigned to one of their branches in Jeju. Appa hated it, unnie was so against it.” Yemin chuckled.

“Ahra wanted you to join her, huh?”

“Yeah, right away.” Yemin smiled before chewing.

“And, Sehun? He was okay about it?” Taemin asked.

“He kinda knew that I had plans to move out from the city for a bit, he..was accepting.”

Taemin nodded and looked at this plate, Yemin bit her lip.

“Why did you do it, Yemin-ah?” He suddenly asked.

“Oppa, I just..”

“You kind of just left me there, you know.”

“It was just~” Two consecutive honks made her look to her left, Taemin saw how she let out a breath in relief.

The male’s brow furrowed as the Ferrari’s driver slid down from the car.

“I’m sorry, oppa. I need to go.” Yemin said softly, she could feel Sehun’s gaze on her.

“Okay.” Taemin nodded as he met her gaze, it flashed a bright red for a short moment.

“Like you did before, you went to him.” He said, Yemin bit her lip before picking up her purse and leaving the building.

 

 

Jisung exhaled as he sat down, he could feel Ahyeon looking at him curiously.

“What’s wrong?” She asked him.

“Nothing.” He replied coolly before stretching his legs before him.

“Jisung, do you know?” Ahyeon said as she sat down beside him.

“What?”

“Your eyes turn red a lot.”

Jisung felt his insides freeze, he turned his head to her.

“I saw them for the first time with Joo Taesan. I thought I was just imagine things…then..” She trailed off.

“I’m not a monster, Ahyeon.”

“I know. But..you’re…not..Is something wrong? Are you sick?” She asked softly.

“You noticed my eyes but not my strength? I’ve tossed men in front of you.” Jisung seemed offended, Ahyeon sent him a look.

“I’m serious. Are you sick?”

Jisung smiled at her, his eyes were red again. Ahyeon grew worried as it stayed that way.

“It’s a family trait. Some of…our friends have it too.” He said softly.

“Red eyes?”

“K—Kind of.” He said with a small smile.

“So, you’re not sick? You’re okay?” She asked again.

“Yes, I’m not gonna die soon.” He said.

“Were you worried about that?” He blinked at her, Ahyeon scrunched her nose and just looked away.

“I’m glad you are, thanks for worrying.” Jisung nudged her shoulder with his.

 

 

Ahra had her arms crossed as she faced the windows.

“Still nothing? Her friends?” She spoke, Chanyeol looked up from the leather sofa, Ahra’s secretary was inside the office, reporting.

“Her friends are the same people. They went to school together and members of the same club.”

Ahra exhaled and crossed her arms, her eyes tracing over Seoul’s skyline.

“But, ma’am,”

Ahra nodded for him to talk.

“I think we should check her call logs. But in order to do that, I need a police warrant for it.”

Ahra glanced at Chanyeol briefly, her eyes pleading.

“Consider it done.” Chanyeol spoke, the male nodded and stepped out of the room. Ahra exhaled, she felt Chanyeol lean his chin on top of her head before wrapping his arms around her from behind.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m just a little…iffy about the whole thing.” Ahra muttered, she brought up the white envelope in her hand.

Chanyeol’s brows met briefly.

“How could appa move up the wedding?”

“I don’t think your father wants to rush it, it may be her.” Chanyeol said softly.

“That’s why I have my staff checking on her movements more.” She murmured before facing him, Chanyeol dropped his arms.

“She became an executive in just six months, Yeol. It’s…”

The doors opened again, Ahra’s secretary had a worried look on his face as Jung Soojin strolled into the office.

“Oh, you got it. I was just checking if the invitation really did land on your desk, COO.” Jung Soojin mused.

“It’s already on its way to the shredder.” Ahra said before pressing the button on her paper shredder.

“I was just hoping you could wish your father and I well, Ahra.” Soojin spoke.

“Well, good riddance. Get out of my office.” Ahra replied, Chanyeol glanced at the lady again.

“Han Ahra,” Mr. Han strolled in the room.

“Well, at least I don’t have to RSVP anymore. Not going.” She claimed, the elder eyed her pensively.

“Ahra, I’m trying to keep our family together, and yet all you’re doing~”

“Why before she came, weren’t we already together? Were things really that bad?” Ahra shot back.

“Ahra, I’ve warned you. If you cannot respect each and everybody member of this family~”

“Respect? You let this woman walk into our home without any warning, abeoji. I had to explain to Yemin what happened when she got home.” She snapped.

“The world doesn’t revolve around you, Han Ahra!” He yelled back at her, Ahra smirked.

“Well, I sure as hell know that it doesn’t revolve around your company tramp.” She stated before picking up her purse.

“Don’t you dare turn your back on me.” Mr. Han grabbed her arm, Chanyeol bit the insides of his cheek.

“You did the same thing to me, appa.” Ahra replied.

“If you step out of this office then you’re out. Don’t ever show your face to me ever again.”

Chanyeol started to panic.

“Easy.” Ahra smirked before walking out of the office.

 

 

Yemin let out a shaky breath as she got in the car. She glanced at Sehun.

“I didn’t know you were out for lunch. What did you eat?” She asked him, Sehun just shifted gears and the vehicle moved forward.

Yemin bit her lip.

“I thought you had a meeting.” He finally spoke.

“Yeah, with Leesan.”

“Outside?”

“We decided to eat first before continuing. There’s been a lot of changes with the project.” She explained, Sehun just nodded.

“His scent is all over you.” Sehun murmured.

“Sehun-ah, I~”

“I thought you didn’t mind that he’s back.” Sehun commented as he took a turn left, Yemin nodded.

“I really don’t.”

 He still affects you.

“Okay.” Sehun quipped, then they reached HanShin’s office. Yemin scratched the back of her neck.

“Sehun, it was~”

Sehun slid down from the car and went around to open the door for her.

Yemin went down and faced him.

“You never told me.” He said, Yemin looked at him.

“What?”

“Why you broke up with him.”

Yemin stilled, her brows started to furrow together.

 

 

“I guess I shouldn’t mind that then.” Sehun said before turning his back to her, Yemin sighed and watched as the Ferrari sped away from the building.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++