013

Society's Secret

 

 

“This is so not how I planned dinner with you.” Kris said in Mandarin as he sat down beside Yemin, Jisung was seated across them.

For someone who just beat up a couple of college kids, he looked fine, confident even.

“This brat.” Yemin muttered as the Hans’ lawyer spoke with the officers.

“What happened? We talked about this. Take deep breaths.” She whispered, knowing that he could hear her.

Ahyeon was seated beside him, Jisung’s jacket was draped around her shoulders.

“Noona, Ahyeon’s parents are out of town and wont be back in a couple of weeks.” Jisung faced her.

“Ya, it’s fine. My house has a central~”

“With people harassing her there, I don’t think it’s okay that we should let her live there alone for the time being.” Jisung reasoned, ignoring the other girl’s protest.

“Oh god, this wolf issue of your family has always been amusing.” Kris mused, Yemin looked at the girl.

“Geurae, she can stay with us. But I’m taking your car.” She pointed out, Jisung just beamed at her.

Ahyeon balked.

“Aegyo isn’t helping, wait till unnie hears about this.”

 

 

Ahyeon puffed her cheeks as she stepped into the foyer, she was gaping at the house’s size.

“Feel at home.” Yemin’s friend, Kris nudged her before heading towards the spiral staircase.

“I just asked them to prepare one of the guestrooms,” Yemin walked towards them, Jisung nodded.

“Abeoji wants to talk to you~”

“Han Jisung.”

Ahyeon tensed as the masculine voice echoed throughout the hall, a man in his fifties appeared before them.

Jisung faced his father, his gaze unwavering. Yemin smiled to herself.

“Oh, we have a guest.” Mr. Han blinked before walking towards the girl.

“Abeoji, this is Lee Ahyeon, Jisung was helping her out that’s why…he got in a bit of trouble.” Yemin said quickly, to Ahyeon’s surprise the male smiled at her warmly.

“It’s nice to meet you, sir.” Ahyeon greeted before taking his offered hand.

“She’ll be staying for a few days, appa. She’s living alone, and some of her neighbors are harassing her. That street isn’t safe.” Jisung said bluntly.

“Of course, you’re welcome to stay here, Ahyeon. Did you get hurt? I heard it was a pretty big fight.” Mr. Han asked, Jisung met her sister’s gaze briefly before heading up to his room.

Ahyeon looked up and her gaze followed his retreating figure, Yemin smiled to herself.

“I’ll walk her to her room, appa. Good night.” Yemin intervened, the male nodded before leaving them.

“Unnie, you really didn’t have to. I can~”

“Aniya, Jisung has a point. It’s not safe for you to live alone, would you rather he transfer at your place?” Yemin mused before pulling the girl to the stairs.

“He’s kinda difficult, huh?” Yemin asked as they climbed up.

“Not really…at first I thought he was a little cold, but then..somehow I ended up being his friend.”Ahyeon scratched the back of her head.

“He’s a little demanding, and I kind of have to apologize for that, as our youngest, we spoiled him a lot.” Yemin chuckled as they reached the second floor.

Ahyeon glanced at the older girl briefly, both of Jisung’s sisters were gorgeous, and she felt like a potato standing next to one. And the siblings were kind of the same but also different, Ahra gave off a cold city girl vibe, but Yemin was the calm and steady one.

“Jisung’s protective of you.” Yemin said as they reached the room, Ahyeon paused, her cheeks turning pink.

“We’re just always at the wrong time and wrong place.” Ahyeon bit her lip, Yemin laughed before pushing the door open.

“Good night, Ahyeon-ah. If you need anything, my room is just down the hall.” Yemin patted her hand before walking away.

 

 

Ahra leaned back against the headboard, she was reading Yemin’s text with a half-amused smiled on her face.

“Is Jisung in trouble?” Chanyeol’s voice echoed from the walk-in closet.

“Not really, Yemin fixed it. It’s about this Lee Ahyeon again.” Ahra chuckled.

Then she paused when Chanyeol’s phone started to vibrate, she leaned across the bed and picked it up from the side table.

She looked at the screen.

Jaehee

“I’m not that girl.” Ahra murmured to herself.

“Did someone call?” Chanyeol walked to her, he was already in usual white v-neck shirt and sweats.

“Y—eah,” She handed the phone to him. Chanyeol looked at the screen, his nose scrunched up.

“How about we go out for the weekend?”

“Out?”

“Away from the city.” Chanyeol shrugged before tossing his phone away and plopping on the bed beside her.

“Yeol, I have work~”

“I know, I know, but you need the break.” Chanyeol urged her.

“I just became COO, Yeol. I don’t think I should be taking breaks.”

Chanyeol pouted.

“You do know that Yemin’s back, right?” He asked, Ahra smiled and faced him.

“I mean, she’s already in the company.”

“So, you want me to dump all my work to my sister?”

“She can handle it.” Chanyeol grinned before placing his head on her lap.

“Okay.” She exhaled, Chanyeol looked up to meet her gaze.

“Really?”

“I’ll leave all the planning to you.” She replied.

Chanyeol nodded and just took her hand in his and closing his eyes. Ahra bit her lip and just studied his face.

“Is something wrong?” He asked without opening his eyes.

“Nothing. Sleep.” Ahra touched his hair, Chanyeol just smiled and curled closer towards her.

Ahra heard his phone vibrating again, her eyes went to the device’s screen.

Jaehee

She just shook her head before diverting her gaze to the TV again.

 

 

Ahyeon stepped out of the room and found Jisung standing before her.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked her with a boyish grin, the Jisung who managed to beat up four guys was gone.

“I did, thanks.” Ahyeon said.

“Be prepared, breakfast with the Hans is like..an episode of Game of Thrones.” Kris mused as he passed by.

“Hyung.” Jisung protested, Ahyeon blinked.

“Game of Thrones?” She questioned as they walked down the steps.

“Don’t mind him, he’s like extended family.” Jisung offered his arm to her.

Ahyeon paused, she looked at the dining hall’s doorway with hesitance.

“Jisung-ah, I don’t think~”

“Stop doing this, you’re making me feel awkward.” Yemin appeared behind them.

“Come on, join us.” Yemin pushed her forward, Jisung just smiled and followed her.

Kris glanced up as Yemin guided Ahyeon to her seat.

Jung Soojin looked up from her seat, her eyes went to the girl.

“I didn’t know we had another guest.” She mused.

“Oh, aren’t you one?” Another voice chimed in, Ahyeon looked up, Han Ahra strolled into the room, wearing a black mini dress and velvet flats.

“Ahra.” Kris looked at her and raised his coffee.

“Kris.” She nodded back, Ahyeon bit her lip.

“Does your father know you’ve been bringing more people in?” Jung Soojin leaned forward.

“Why do you care? You want to switch jobs with the butler?” Ahra asked before taking her seat. Yemin looked down, Ahyeon caught the hint of a smile on her face.

“Ahra, I’m just~”

“It’s too early to be barking at the wrong tree.” Jisung finally spoke.

Ahyeon could feel the tension in the room, she stared at the lady they were speaking to.

“Like I said, Game of Thrones.” Kris hummed.

“Ahra, I’m just worried. We’re not some apartment that you can just~”

“We? You don’t even live here. You’re a guest, remember?” Ahra replied coolly.

“I’m just being polite, I mean, we’re inviting strangers~”

Jisung put his utensils down, the room grew eerily quiet. Yemin and Ahra were glancing at each other worriedly.

“Oh, I forgot to introduce you,” Yemin spoke.

“This woman is our father’s fiancé. I guess.” She shrugged, Ahyeon balked at the the girl's bluntness.

“I’m sorry, dear. I know it seems a little rude, but who are you again?” The lady looked at Ahyeon.

Ahra snorted and just picked up her coffee.

“You should ask yourself that. Who are you again?” The eldest child said softly.

“Noona,” Jisung’s voice had gone an octave lower, Ahyeon looked at him, she could feel herself panic again.

“I see that you’re home, Ahra.” Mr. Han walked in the room. Yemin glanced up.

“She just arrived. You slept out, right, Ahra?” Soojin smirked at the girl.

“Like that would get me in trouble.” Ahra mused. Kris grinned at the girl.

“Appa, I’m sending the Phantom to send Jisung and Ahyeon to school.” Yemin stated.

“But that’s my car.” Soojin interjected.

“I didn’t know you were a Han.” Yemin blinked, Kris almost laughed out loud.

“Yemin,” Mr. Han chided.

“Yeobo, I’m going to use that car today. I have to meet my friends for golf.” Soojin frowned. Ahra threw Ahyeon a warm smile before pouring some tea for the girl.

“We all hate her. But not you, you’re lovely.” Ahra nodded at her, Jisung groaned. Ahyeon just smiled back.

“Sure, you can take the Phantom then leave the house. Never come back.” Yemin offered.

“Han Yemin!” Mr. Han barked.

“You gotta teach your pet some boundaries.” Yemin shrugged before picking up the bread knife.

“Did I raise you this way? What are you doing? We have~”

“Do you think Cesar Millan would help us?” Yemin chirped.

“I doubt; I never saw an episode of him with a snake.” Ahra nodded.

Jisung grinned and just went back to his food, Ahyeon glanced at him.

“I’m off to work. See you later.” Ahra said before standing up and leaving the room.

Jung Soojin was leaning back on her seat, in the brink of tears. Mr. Han was trying to comfort her.

“Look at our crocodile, she’s crying.” Yemin commented, her father slammed his palm on the table.

“If you and your sister cannot respect my wife, then you better leave the house.” Mr. Han snapped at Yemin.

Yemin saw the smirk Jung Soojin hid under her napkin.

Jisung smiled, then with a flick of his wrist, the bread knife he was holding was stuck on the wall just a few meters away from the dining table. And that action wiped off the proud smirk on the woman’s face.

“Do you think I’d let that happen, abeoji?” Jisung asked him, the elder closed his mouth.

“Don’t touch my sisters.” Jisung warned before pulling Ahyeon with him, the girl gave the elders a quick awkward bow before following the male.

Kris and Yemin looked at each other.

 

 

“Well, your male heir has spoken.” Yemin hummed.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++