033

Society's Secret

 

 

“There are two entrances?” Ahra was staring at the two double doors before them, both had staff waiting outside to greet the guests.

“Look at the signs,” Jisung pointed out, the door on the left was the entrance for the groom’s guests while the one on the right was for the bride’s guests.

“It’s weird, but maybe it’s the trend right now.” Ahra murmured, she felt Chanyeol’s palm on her back, urging her to move forward.

“So, I see Mrs. Lee has been inviting you over a lot.” Ahra said teasingly as they approached the left doors.

Chanyeol chuckled, they stepped in the grand banquet. Before Jisung could protest, Ahra dragged him around to greet family friends and some relatives.

Chanyeol shook his head and made his way to their table, then he saw Yemin step in the hall with Sehun behind her.

He smiled and waved them over.

“Oppa,” She nodded at him, Sehun shrugged at the older male.

“You seem tame. Odd. Ahra is too. Very odd.” Chanyeol commented.

Yemin just smiled pleasantly as she looked at the stage, then Sehun tensed, his eyes were on her neck.

“What’s that?” He questioned, Yemin faced him. His hand immediately reached to the side of her neck, his fingers landed on the bandage above her wound.

Chanyeol tensed, it was just a few nights ago when he had accompanied Ahra and Yemin to have her wound checked.

Yemin claimed that she had accidentally hurt herself while showering.

“Yemin.” Sehun spoke again, his eyes flashed red when he noticed how Yemin flinched from his touch. There was also a bruise on her neck.

“It’s nothing, I hurt myself a few days ago. I tried to cook again.” She said with a small smile.

Chanyeol paused.

“You guys should get something to drink. I have things to check on.” Yemin placed her hand over his, Sehun’s brows knitted together, but he let go of her.

“You will tell me the truth later.” He stated before walking to the bar, Chanyeol shook his head before following the younger male.

 

 

“Hey,” Jisung felt and arm around his.

“Noona,” He grinned at Yemin.

“So, what do you think?” She asked before gesturing around the hall.

“Should I be happy that you helped Jung Soojin with this? Because, honestly, I’m not.”

Ahra chuckled behind him.

“Maknae has a point, Yemin.” She pointed out.

“Like I said, unnie. It’s time we help. It’s bound to happen anyway.” Yemin shrugged before walking away from them, Ahra watched as her sibling went over to where the staff were arranging some giveaways and some sweets for the guests.

“Something tells me that I should be worried. Should I be?” Ahra murmured, then she turned back to their table.

Chanyeol was looking at her, clearly he had heard her.

“I am worried.” She mouthed, Chanyeol just smirked at her before leaning back on his seat.

tumblr_p0g1337rKf1qiglswo1_400.gif

Her phone pinged and she took it out.

I’m only here just to enjoy the show.

And for you. Always. –Chanyeol

“I’m dating a child. A man-child.” She mused before walking back to Jisung, Chanyeol winked at her from his seat.

 

 

Sehun looked around him, Mr. Han and Jung Soojin were already on the principal table on the stage, soft music was playing in the background, all thanks to a live classical band.

He could hear Yemin speaking with a few of her father’s friends tables away from theirs.

“Ya, I’m glad you’re back.”

He looked up, Ahra sat down beside him.

“How have you been, noona? Jisung said you’ve developed a habit of emabrassing him.”

Ahra chuckled, her eyes went to her father as he roamed around to greet guests with Soojin in his arm.

Then she paused.

“Something’s not right.” She spoke, Chanyeol turned to her.

“Hm?” Sehun asked.

“Look around us,” Ahra jutted her lips, the room was filled with familiar faces, old friends, people within their social circle.

“I don’t see anything odd about it.” Chanyeol replied.

“The people in this room, we all know them.” Sehun blinked, Ahra nodded.

“Not a single person from Jung Soojin’s side.”

“Now, I am really worried.” Ahra murmured before leaning her head against Chanyeol’s shoulder.

Then Jung Soojin walked to the microphone, she greeted the guests before waving Yemin over.

“My stepdaughter Yemin would like to share a few words with us,”

“Oh god.” Chanyeol said, Sehun leaned over and smiled.

 

 

Yemin smiled before speaking.

“Tonight is a special one,” She started. She saw Jisung gaping at her from their table.

“My father’s getting married tomorrow and I couldn’t be happier for him.”

The guests all nodded along with smiles on their faces, then the expression on her face changed.

“Like I’d really say that,” She chuckled, the room grew quiet.

“It is true, my siblings and I are all against this wedding to happen.” She stated, she saw her father stand up.

“Why? Oh, come on, this woman managed to climb to the top in just six months. Imagine how many s she a day would that have cost her?”

“Han Yemin!” Mr. Han stood up.

“And, there have been discrepancies and odd things happening in the company, but let’s not talk about that.” She said, then a video started to play behind her.

Yemin stepped away from the mic as clips of Jung Soojin harassing and taunting Ahra played behind her.

“I’m still wondering, what could be my father’s decision? Did he choose the tramp or his kids?”

“Nice way of putting it, director Han.”

“It’s how things are in our family.” Ahra replied as she faced Soojin.

“You should be careful when speaking, daughter.”

“Does he know how you climbed up so fast? Six months of sleeping with different managing heads?” Ahra replied.

“I hope you be mindful of your words, child. I can make your father leave nothing for you kids.”

The room had gone eerily silent, Yemin smiled to herself.

“And I can make your life a living hell.” She mused before turning away from her. Then, Jung Soojin grabbed her arm, her nails digging onto Ahra’s skin.

“I mean it, Han Ahra. Don’t get in my way, or else,”

Guests started to murmur, Yemin smirked as she made her way to their table.

Another video started to play, she saw HanShin guards shut off the doors. Jung Soojin was yelling at one of the waiters to shut the video down, but Mr. Han was just staring at the clips.

“Go ahead, try messing up with my wedding, and I’ll reveal it to the whole world about your brother being a werewolf.”

“You wouldn’t dare~”

People gasped when they saw the gun pointed at her head.

“Oh, I would.” Soojin hissed at her.

“Even your love, Oh Sehun, isn’t he one too? And that Park heir.”

“You don’t know what you’re doing.” She replied, Soojin cackled.

“Are you threatening me now? Are you going to ask them to kill me just like how they did to my late husband?” She shot back.

Yemin halted, her eyes went to Sehun, she noticed how a lot of red eyes had appeared. She bit her lip as she rushed to him.

“So, if I were you,”

“I’d shut my mouth before I destroy not just this family, but everyone dear to you

“See you at the wedding then, Yemin-ah.”

“She dares to threaten one of our own!” Someone hollered, Yemin picked up her pace, she reached Sehun, he grabbed her, his eyes flashing again.

“She hurt you.” He hissed.

“Sehun, it's~”

“She hurt you.” He growled, then he pushed her back and shifted. Yemin looked around her, Ahra was already standing by the stage, Chanyeol was still in his human form as he stood behind the girl.

Jung Soojin was frozen in the middle of the room as she looked around her, there were at least twenty werewolves in the room, and all of their red eyes were trained on her.

“I—I--” She stuttered as wolves started to circle around her, Ahra smirked before grabbing the mic, Yemin exhaled and she met her father’s gaze across the hall.

“Checkmate, samonim.” Ahra chuckled as she looked at Jung Soojin with a smirk on her face.

“You were being too arrogant and stupid.” Ahra spoke.

“You thought you could scare us. Even pointing a gun at my sister. But really, why?”

Wolves huffed as she spoke, they were closing in on Jung Soojin. A black wolf in particular was in front of the line, its fangs were bared as he began to growl at the woman, his hackles were raising up as he took another step forward.

 

 

“Why touch a wolf’s girl?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++