038

Society's Secret

 

Yemin was smiling as she walked out of the hall beside Mrs. Oh.

“You’re right, it was all too much.” The elder nodded as they walked towards the elevator.

“I really had no choice but to corner her, auntie. I’m sorry if that caused trouble.” She said.

“It was nothing; I’m just glad your father is back in his senses now.” The lady patted her hand, Yemin nodded.

Sehun and his father walked behind the two ladies, also chatting among themselves.

“And the guts of that woman to call us,” She shook her head.

“She’s gone now, auntie. I hope she never comes back.”

“Yes, yes. What I’m glad about is that, you’re still with my son. How do you put up with him?” She chuckled, Sehun looked at his mother dryly.

“Aniyo, it’s actually Sehun who puts up with me.” Yemin grinned before reaching out her hand to him.

“I don’t believe that.” Mr. Oh added, Yemin laughed.

“Why would I lie?” She said as the elevator doors opened again, they reached the hotel’s lobby.

“We still have somewhere to go to, eomma.” Sehun spoke.

“Okay, you two be careful.”

Yemin watched as the elders walked towards the waiting Mercedes Benz at the curb.

“Whoa, I think I ate too much.” Yemin groaned, Sehun chuckled before wrapping one arm around her.

“What time is it? Should we get ready?” Sehun asked her.

“Do you think she said yes?” She asked, a little worried.

“I don’t think she’ll reject him, come on.” Sehun urged her to move.

“I feel so bloated though. Can we grab some hot tea on the way?” She asked as she laced her fingers with his as Sehun asked for his car.

“Sure, we can.”

Yemin smiled and just looked forward, Sehun glanced at her briefly, then he spoke.

“Thanks.”

“Huh?” She blinked at him.

“For joining my parents today.” He said softly.

“I like hanging out with the elders.” She hummed, Sehun smiled and kissed the side of her head.

“I know.”

 

 

Ahyeon slid down from the G-Class and looked at the house before them.

“This is..Chanyeol oppa’s house?”

“His parents’.” Jisung replied, he walked around the vehicle and took the girl’s hand.

“How do you think did it go?” She asked as they reached the front door.

“It probably went well.” He shrugged, then the doors opened, they were welcomed by a smiling butler.

“It did, right, butler Shin?” Jisung grinned at him with familiarity.

“The whole house is celebrating, young master.”

Jisung smiled and pulled Ahyeon into the foyer, the girl looked around and saw Ahra speaking with a middle-aged lady. Then she looked up and smiled.

“Ah, this is Ahyeon,” She spoke, the lady turned and gave her a warm smile.

“Nice to meet you, thank you for welcoming me to your home, Mrs. Park.” Ahyeon greeted.

“Hi, auntie!” Jisung chirped before heading to the living room.

“Careful there, next time Ahra will get confuse if you call me Mrs. Park.” The lady chuckled before giving Ahyeon a short hug.

Ahyeon nodded and looked at the eldest Han.

“Congratulations, unnie.” She said, Ahra winked at her.

“I’m glad you could come join us.”

“Oh, Ahyeon’s here.” Chanyeol walked over to them with a grin.

“I’m guessing you already heard me congratulate unnie, oppa.”

“Of course, thank you, young lady.” He chuckled, Ahyeon beamed at him before going to the living room to join Jisung and Chanyeol’s Golden Retriever.

“She’s probably the only one who could manage to do that,” Ahra said softly, Chanyeol glanced behind them, Jisung was talking with Ahra.

“Yeah, how are they now?”

“They’re talking. I mean, at least Jisung doesn’t avoid him that much at home.” She replied, the male nodded before touching her cheek and taking her hand in his.

“Thank you for not saying no, Han Ahra.” He chuckled deeply as his fingers touched the ring on her finger.

“No problem.” She mused back, Chanyeol snorted before kissing her cheek.

 

 

Yemin was standing by the doorway with a small smile on her face, Mr. Han had arrived and everyone was gathered in the living room to enjoy some snacks and warm drinks. Ahyeon was seated across Sehun, while Jisung was beside her who was discussing something Mr. Park.

And there was her sister, Ahra was seated on Chanyeol’s lap, laughing as Mrs. Park told her a story from Chanyeol’s childhood.

“I made a good choice coming home.” She said to herself as she crossed her arms.

Then Mr. Han looked at Jisung hesitantly, Jisung paused but he nodded and poured another cup of coffee for their father.

Yemin noticed how he glanced at Ahyeon for a brief moment, the girl just gave him a small encouraging smile.

“What are you doing out here?”

Yemin looked up. Sehun had sauntered over to her, she shrugged.

“Checking out the view.” She teased, he chuckled.

“They’re already planning the wedding; you should have seen noona’s face when they asked if she wanted to wear traditional clothes.”

Yemin laughed.

“So,” Sehun reached for the collar of her blouse.

“Are we ever going to tell them?” He asked as he gently pulled the gold chain behind the cloth.

“We probably will, but no rush.” She nodded.

“Because we’re chill like that?” Sehun said.

“Yeah.” She replied, Sehun smiled as he looked at the ring hanging on the chain.

“I love it by the way, thanks, Oh Sehun.” She added.

“Anything for my Han Yemin.”

 

 

“It’s not that bad, right?” Ahyeon asked with a small smile as they pulled away from the group.

Yemin was checking her phone and Sehun was leafing through the magazines beside her.

“Not the time to be cheeky about it.” Jisung replied, Ahyeon punched his arm.

“I’m being serious, your father’s trying.”

“I know.” He whined, Ahyeon chuckled.

“See? It’s not that bad, right?”

“Stop it, abeoji can actually here you even if he’s in the study.”

Ahyeon blinked.

“Wolf family, remember?” He pointed out, Ahyeon heard Sehun chuckle.

“Oh, right.” She blinked, Jisung faced her and he chuckled.

“How cute. You actually forgot about that one tiny detail.”

“You~”

Jisung shook his head at her before leaning over to kiss her cheek.

“Ya, you brat!”

Ahra laughed and shook her head as she watched by the staircase.

“What is it?”

“Maybe there is some truth to it.” She said as Chanyeol reached her, he draped the black coat around her shoulder.

“Only a girl can tame the wolf.”

“That’s not it.” Chanyeol shook his head, Ahra looked at him questioningly.

“A beauty.” He replied.

“I’m not getting you. Are you flirting with me right now?” She asked.

Chanyeol chuckled at her.

“Only a beauty can tame the wolf.” He recited and poked her chin.

“Oh.” Ahra tilted her head.

“You. You can tame the wolf too.” He mused before lifting her up with one arm and bounding down the steps.

“I’m marrying a man-child.” Ahra shook her head but she was smiling.

Chanyeol laughed and set her down, Ahra stood there and just looked at him.

“It wasn’t easy, huh?” She spoke, he paused.

“I mean, I got a little crazy this year. I even took it out on you.” She said honestly, he shook his head at her.

“It was my fault too. You warned me.”

“Still, thanks for staying around, Park.” She nodded before standing on her tippy toes just to kiss him.

“Yeah, I had my eyes on the prize.” He mused before kissing her back.

“Let’s keep it wholesome!” They heard Yemin call over.

“We have minors here!” Sehun added.

Ahra grinned, Chanyeol chuckled before capturing her lips with his again.

 

“I love you, Han Ahra.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

THE END! (1/28/2018)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!