014

Society's Secret

Yemin chewed on her lip as Taemin entered her office.

“So, I believe you’ve already went to the documents?” He said with a smile before taking his seat.

“Yeah, I have, oppa.” She nodded quickly before pushing the folder towards him.

“My team agreed on switching locations,” He started.

“And, they suggested that we visit the site together. It will be good PR.” Taeming finished.

Yemin picked up the folder he placed on the table and started to look at the photos.

“Sinchon?” She looked up, Taemin nodded.

“Yemin-ah,” Taemin spoke, she set the folder down and leaned back on her seat.

“I…Can I ask you something?”

She nodded.

“Can we still be friends?”

Yemin paused.

“I mean, I..still have questions, but we’ve known each other for so long. And seeing you act like this around me…it’s quite difficult.”

“Oppa, I~”

“Yemin-ah, you were the one who left. Why are you acting like this?” He asked softly, Yemin looked away.

“Just be comfortable around me, we’re working together now.” Taemin reached out to pat her knee.

“I’m still me.” He said, Yemin exhaled but she nodded.

“Arasso, I’m sorry.” She bit her lip.

“It’s fine. How about we step out for some snacks? My treat.” Taemin grinned at her.

 

 

Jung Soojin closed the door of her office and rushed back to her seat, she faced the woman sitting down across her and exhaled.

“I already told you, you don’t have to come here.” She sighed.

“Well? Is it true?” The lady pressed.

Soojin exhaled and nodded.

“I think so, I….I..heard them talking about..shifting.”

The lady nodded back and gave her a knowing smile.

“Like I said, the Hans are a part of it too. Now we can finally avenge him.” She said before placing her hand over Soojin’s.

“But, unnie, the kids..they make things difficult. His children are so..frustrating.”

“The two girls?”

“And the son. They are all working against me to kick me out of the house.” Soojin rolled her eyes.

“Then look for a weakness. I’m sure the eldest has one. She puts up such a strong front.” The older woman shook her head.

“Han Ahra. COO.” Soojin spat before closing her laptop.

“Soojin-ah, it’s time. It’s time we make them pay.”

“Unnie, I don’t think it will be easy to find proof. They have so many secrets within the family.”

“I know that, but we promised we’d reveal the monsters they’ve been hiding. And now, finally have a lead.”

“Jisung. Jisung is a wolf.”

 

 

Ahra balked as she stared at the documents before her.

“Whoa, I was thinking you did it on purpose.” Kris commented as he walked with the girl.

“I totally forgot about LeeSan project.”

“Yeah, you assigned to Yemin.” Kris said dryly, Ahra sighed and just looped her arm around his.

The two were out for lunch.

“What about you? What’s the issue with that lady?”

Ahra shrugged.

“I have people watching her moves, but all I get is..nothing. I mean, she shops a lot, maxes out our impossible to max out credit cards, she loves to play golf and show off to her friends. But, she may appear as this standard gold digger woman, but…I feel like there’s something off, you know.”

“What do you mean?”

“There’s more to her, Kris. And I don’t think she’s just after appa’s money.” She stated, then Kris paused.

“What?” Ahra followed his gaze, her eyes widened.

“So, they’re okay now?” Kris asked quietly as they watched Taemin and Yemin enter the restaurant together.

“Should I start hiding from Sehun?” Ahra whispered back.

“Hide from me? Why?” Sehun was standing behind them.

“I got your text.” He said to Ahra, then he followed Kris’s gaze.

He paused as his eyes went the restaurant’s window, Taemin was handing the menu to Yemin while they were chatting happily.

“She did that.” Kris pointed to Ahra, the latter just smiled at Sehun before rushing to the pasta place across the street.

Sehun bit his lip before following the two, he threw one glance at Yemin and Taemin before finally turning away.

 

 

“Wow, living with the Hans. Are you okay though?” Felix was grinning.

“Yeah, you should ask that to the guys he beat up.” Ahyeon replied before eating.

Hyunjin grinned at his pal, his eyes flashed red, Jisung’s eyes widened at him.

“Huh.” Jisung voiced, Felix chuckled.

“But, are they always like that? Your sisters against Soojin?” Ahyeon asked.

“Ever since she got in the house, Ahra unnie was skeptic about her, then..things started to blow up. Noona noticed some odd things, she started asking questions,”

“And that’s where the lady started attacking the Han Ahra.” Hyunjin finished.

“She’s..kinda brave then.” Ahyeon nodded, Jisung pushed the tray away from him, the girl beside him noticed this.

“Until Yemin noona arrived, she’s cornered now.” Felix pointed out.

Jisung started to drum his fingers on the table.

“Is something wrong?” Ahyeon placed one palm on his shoulders, Felix was staring at the table across theirs, the girls were snickering as they kept on glancing at Ahyeon.

“I cannot believe it; the school has succeeded.”

“Now she sits with the rich boys.”

Do you think she’s slept with~

Hyunjin glanced at the table again, he knew their friend could hear everything, only Ahyeon was clueless about the talk about her.

“Jisung-ah, don’t.” Felix said quietly.

Ahyeon blinked at him, she could feel the tension coming from the boy, then she smiled and took his hand.

“Ya, let’s step out for some air.” She said playfully, Felix and Hyunjin panicked slightly.

There was a chance that Jisung might lose his temper again from the way his jaw was clenched.

Jisung looked at her face, his brows met briefly, but Ahyeon just nudged him.

“Let’s go.” She said again, a smile appearing on her face.

Jisung nodded and stood up, the other table grew silent as they watched Ahyeon pulling the Han boy along with her.

Then Jisung something did out of character, he slung one arm around the girl’s shoulder and pulled her to him.

 

 

Chanyeol was checking his phone as he headed for his car, Ahra had messaged him and asked him if he wanted to join her and Kris for lunch.

He was about to call her back when he felt someone looking at him.

“Jaehee-yah,” He was shocked to see her at their building’s basement parking lot.

“I was just on my way to see you, are you heading out?” She asked him.

“Yeah, I have an appointment.” Chanyeol replied. She nodded.

“Then, how about lunch?”

“That is the appointment. Lunch.”

Jaehee’s brows met briefly.

“Yeol, I know what you must be thinking. But it’s true now. I’m back and I’m clean.”

Chanyeol bit his lip before approaching her.

“I know, and I believe you, Hee. It’s just that..”

“Ahra doesn’t want you near me.” She stated, Chanyeol stilled.

“It’s not that,”

“We’ve been friends since we were children, you can’t do this to me, Chanyeol.”

The male looked away

“I’m not, it’s just that things are different now, Jaehee. And with what happened before, I can’t…be involved again.”

Jaehee looked away.

“So, in the end you just let some girl come in between us?” She questioned.

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol said before getting inside his car, the girl just watched as the Audi sped away from her.

Jaehee shook her head and just walked back to her vehicle.

 

“I will definitely get you back from that witch.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++