025

Society's Secret

 

 

“What’s happening?” Yemin asked as she walked in her room, Sehun was seated on the sofa, his eyes were both closed, clearly he was using his wolf hearing.

“Your father is being questioned.” He said with a small smile, Yemin shook her head before climbing onto his lap.

“Auntie’s doing so well. Your father doesn’t know how to answer her. She’s yelling at him for kicking out Ahra noona.” Sehun opened his eyes before wrapping his arms around her.

“Ahyeon left.” She said quietly.

“We tried to stop her..but she seemed so determined to leave.”

“Do you think its because of what happened? Was she afraid?” Yemin asked softly before laying her head against his chest.

“We can never tell. But..right when they got here, she asked Kris hyung something.”

Yemin looked up to see his face, Sehun smiled before kissing the tip of her nose.

“She wanted to know if Jisung was fine. So, I don’t think she’s afraid.” He recounted.

“Well, I’ll let Jisung fix that then.” She smiled before sitting up.

“Do you think you can clear up your weekend?” She asked him.

“Yeah, I can. Why?”

“Wanna go on a road trip with me? Or spend your weekend with me?” She offered, Sehun chuckled.

“Are you asking me out right now, miss Han?” Sehun mused as he stood up and lifted her over his shoulder.

“You can say no if you’re not free.” She chuckled.

Sehun just laughed before setting her down.

“You’ll come pick me up, right?” He asked her teasingly, Yemin just rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

Jisung took his seat across Yemin quietly, the older girl peered at him with curiosity.

“Well,” Mr. Han spoke from the head of the table.

Yemin glanced at the Jung Soojin who was dressed in a pale pink pantsuit and a gold necklace.

“You two must be glad that your mother passed by yesterday~”

“Three,” Another voice chimed in, Ahra strolled into the room, Yemin paused. Her sister was back to her usual self, well, it looked like that. She was wearing a black pencil skirt, a structured white top and a nice Balmain blazer was draped around her shoulder.

“Us three are glad she passed by.” Her smile was measured as she sat down, Jung Soojin looked at her, confused.

“Ahra, you’re back.” Mr. Han cleared his throat, Jisung was unaffected, he just continued eating his food.

“It’s time we set some rules here, appa. Since you left me with the responsibilities in taking care of this house,” She spoke.

“Ahra, Soojin can do that. Let~”

“The East wing of this house,” She ignored him.

“Will be strictly prohibited unless you’re a member of the family. Blood member.” Ahra said with a pleasant smile.

“This also includes, the study, Yemin’s library, Jisung’s study and of course, the garage.”

“Han Ahra, the cars~” Her father warned.

“Trust me,” Ahra stood up, her eyes cold and empty as she scanned the table, Jung Soojin looked away.

“You don’t want to cross me today, appa. I advice you don’t lecture me about your love for this pet of yours.”

“Han Ahra!”

“Of course, I am Han Ahra.” She smirked before picking up her purse and leaving the room.

Soon they heard Ahra’s car speeding away from the room.

“Well, you got what you deserve.” Jisung muttered as he stood up.

“Jisung-ah,” Mr. Han called to him.

“Your fiancé was so adamant about kicking Ahyeon out of this house,” He stated flatly.

“I’m glad karma brought back Ahra noona, let’s see if that woman can still survive this home then.”

“Well,” Yemin was smiling as she picked up her coffee.

“Breakfast is served.”

 

 

Jisung slung his backpack over one shoulder as he walked in the school’s halls. He exhaled as he made his usual way towards first period, then he halted.

There it was again.

That lavender scent.

He closed his eyes briefly, he could hear Ahyeon chatting with her friend from across the hall.

He opened his eyes and found Ahyeon looking at him, her brows furrowed for a brief moment.

Jisung was about to walk towards her, but the girl looked away and rushed towards the classroom across his.

Jisung halted, his fists curled tightly.

“Ya,” He felt Felix nudged him, he glanced at the other male.

“Just give her some time, it’s a lot to take in.” He said carefully, Jisung just shook his head.

“She probably sees me as a monster now.” He murmured before shaking his friend off and going towards their classroom.

“Maybe it’s better to cut it off before it even starts, right?” Jisung stated before taking his seat.

Felix just sighed.

 

 

Ahra’s fingers flew over the keyboard, she was browsing through all the new files.

“We are all pleased to have you back, ma’am.” Her secretary smiled at her.

“I had a good rest, I figured HanShin needed me back.” She said with a grin.

“Anything new? How about the recent purchase of Daeyong Shipping?”

“It went smoothly, ma’am. Director Han was the one who facilitated it in your absence.”

Ahra smiled and nodded.

“What did I say? My sister’s a genius.” She leaned back on her seat, the doors suddenly opened, her secretary turned and bowed politely as the male walked in the room.

Ahra’s brows scrunched together.

“Then I’ll come back later, ma’am.” The lady said before quietly leaving the room.

“Ahra,” Chanyeol spoke as soon as the doors closed, Ahra stood up from her seat.

“I’m not taking any appointments today,” She started, Chanyeol bit his lip.

“I know what you’re thinking. But it’s not. Like I said, she’s always been just a friend~”

“That’s the problem.” She cut him off.

“She will always have that excuse. The friend excuse.”

“Ahra, I honestly don’t know what you’re~”

“I wont be that girl, Yeol. I wont ask you to choose between me or your friend.” She said as she picked up her purse.

“Ahra, please,” Chanyeol grabbed her wrist.

“You always have an excuse for her, so what am I supposed to do?”

“Why do you hate her so much?” Chanyeol asked her.

“Because every time she comes back, you get in back to her.”

Chanyeol paused, Ahra shook his hand off her.

 

“Yeol, she wants you. And I don’t know if I can compete with that.” She stated before leaving the room.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=