006

Society's Secret

 

“I swear to~” Yemin muttered as she slid down from her Bentley, she looked at Apgujeong High’s main building.

“I just got back and now I’m being called to the principal’s office.” She said, she glanced to her left and saw her sister’s black Aventador roll in.

The two Han women had received calls from the school’s principal. Their brother had reportedly gotten involved in a fight.

“During his senior year too. That kid.” Ahra said as they walked together, clueless of the stares they were getting from the adolescent boys around them.

Jisung looked up just as the doors opened, he glanced at the principal in an amused manner. The man had stumbled on his seat while standing up to greet his siblings.

Yemin gave her brother a look, Jisung just shook his head at her.

“What happened, Jisung-ah?” Ahra asked as she sat down and crossed her legs, her pencil skirt hiked up slightly.

Jisung looked at the principal again, his eyes were on his sister’s legs.

Chanyeol hyung will rip you to shreds.

“Ah, you see, Miss Han, there was a misunderstanding~”

“A misunderstanding? Joo Taesan and his buddy was molesting that girl!” Jisung snapped, his voice going deeper than usual.

Yemin paused, her eyes were on her sibling.

“A girl?” She echoed.

“Ah, yes, a student, Lee Ahyeon. Jisung here must have~”

“Why are you only interviewing me? Ask her too.” Jisung argued as he stood up, blocking the male’s view of his sister’s legs.

Yemin and Ahra noticed how tensed their brother was and his fingers were trembling.

“Jisung, please sit down.” The principal said calmly.

“Then stop staring at my sister’s legs.” He snapped at him again before walking out of the classroom, the male balked.

Ahra put her purse down on her lap and crossed her arms.

“I’ll go talk to him.” Yemin nodded before standing up and leaving the room.

“How bad was the damage, principal?” Ahra asked, her tone business-like and cold.

“Multiple fractures on both boys and trauma.”

Ahra shook her head, she took out her checkbook.

“I believe school property was also damaged?” She asked as she wrote the figures, the principal swallowed and nodded.

She pulled out the check and placed it on his desk.

“This will be enough, right? If not, I’m sure we can lend our legal team to this Lee Ahyeon. We can have her announce how the school took the male’s student side when she was obviously harassed by the said student.”

The male paled.

“I’m sure the school wouldn’t want the bad press, right? So, stop cornering my brother. He obviously did nothing wrong.”

 

 

Yemin looked around her, Jisung was nowhere to be seen.

“Yemin noona?”

She jumped, Felix was walking towards her.

“Your voice gets deeper every time I see you.” She smiled before hugging him briefly.

“What happened? Is he in trouble?” He asked her.

“I don’t think so, Han Ahra is taking care of things.” Yemin nodded.

“But, how did it happen? And where?” She asked him, Felix started to walk and gestured for her to follow.

“Here. It was really bad timing that this hallway was empty, everyone was already in class. But Jisung was out to grab something to drink. That’s when he saw what was happening.”

Yemin looked at the now empty hall, two trash bins had toppled over, and there was a small crack on the wall.

“That ert, Joo Taesan claimed that Jisung threw his friend across the wall, hence the crack. People thinks he’s just making stories,” Felix chuckled, Yemin stared at the crack.

“Yeah.”

Her phone beeped, she took out the device and paused. News about her decision to work for HanShin had already spread.

She bit her lip.

“Noona? Do you want something to drink?” Felix asked.

“I’m good, thanks.”

“Oh, welcome back, noona.” He chuckled, Yemin shook her head.

“I’m finally on the news. Now, home finally feels like it.” She said dryly, Felix snorted.

“Don’t we all live for the press. I’m sure Sehun hyung hates it, all eyes are on you.”

“I bet he does.”

 


Jisung was leaning against the car, his arms crossed. He let out a sigh before closing his eyes, then he sensed something move in front of him.

“You dropped this.”

He was staring back at her, Ahyeon had his school pin in her hand.

“Thanks.” He took the pin from her, Jisung paused, a strong but pleasant scent had hit him.

Lavender.

Ahyeon brushed her hair from her face.

“I hope you didn’t get in trouble because of me. You…You didn’t get hurt, right?” She asked hesitantly, Jisung shook his head, he studied her for a brief moment.

Then he leaned over to zip up his jacket that he was wearing.

“They wont bother you now.”

“I don’t think they’ll ever stop. It’s Ahyeon, by the way.” She said to him.

“Han Jisung.” He extended his hand to her, Ahyeon smiled and took it.

Jisung paused for a brief moment, Ahyeon pulled her hand away.

“Do you use lavender scented shampoo?” He blurted, Ahyeon blinked at him.

“Hey, kiddo!”

Ahyeon glanced behind her, she paused. Half of the school’s population were all staring at the two young women who were walking towards them. One of them was clad in a navy blue pencil skirt that hugged her body in all the right places and a matching white peplum top, the other girl was dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, a pair of Vans slip-ons and a green ripped sweater. Both were drop dead gorgeous and a tad intimidating.

“We bailed you out. He’s not going after you any time soon.” The corporate looking lady said with a smirk.

“I wasn’t in jail.” Jisung mumbled, the other one chuckled, then she looked at Ahyeon.

“A friend?” She spoke, Ahyeon was about to step back, but Jisung took hold of her backpack.

“She was the girl I helped, noona.”

Ahyeon paused.

Noona?

“Oh, how are you? Are you okay?” The corporate looking lady asked her.

“I’m fine, ma’am~”

“They’re my sisters. Ahra noona and Yemin noona.” Jisung spoke casually, it was as if they were close friends.

Ahra smiled and offered her hand.

“Nice to meet you, Ahyeon.”

Yemin chuckled, then she glanced behind her.

“If I were you I wouldn’t have stopped my brother, just let him tear down that ert to pieces.” Ahra chuckled, Yemin nudged her.

Jisung blinked at the two.

“I have to get back to work. See you at dinner.” Ahra mussed his hair before heading to her waiting Aventador.

“How about you, noona? No errands to run?” Jisung asked playfully. Yemin smiled, she faced Ahyeon again.

“Wow, now he gets a girl, he’s so quick to get rid of me.” She chuckled before jogging towards her Bentley, Jisung winced.

Ahyeon looked at him.

“Those are your sisters? Wow.”

“They’re a handful.” Jisung nodded, unsure what to do.

“A handful of supermodels.” Ahyeon nodded, Jisung shrugged.

“Anyway, I’ll get going. Thanks again for helping me out.” Ahyeon said as she pulled her backpack closer to her before turning away from him.

Jisung bit his lip as he watched her walk.

“Hey, Ahyeon-ah?”

She stopped and looked at him.

“Let me drive you home.”

 

 

“So, this is how it feels.” Ahra recounted as they stepped out of the elevator.

“Are you driving alone, director?” Her secretary asked.

“Ani, Chanyeol said he’d pick me up in the basement, since it’s raining so hard outside.” She replied.

“How is the young master now?”

“He must have felt like some action star, tossing those kids around just to save one girl.”

The male smiled.

“Stay strong, director. I heard about what happened.”

“I’m still wondering, what could be my father’s decision? Did he choose the tramp or his kids?” She chuckled.

“Nice way of putting it, director Han.” A feminine voice chimed in, the secretary paused and looked behind them.

“It’s how things are in our family.” Ahra replied as she faced Soojin.

“You should be careful when speaking, daughter.”

Ahra snorted.

“Does he know how you climbed up so fast? Six months of sleeping with different managing heads?” Ahra replied.

“I hope you be mindful of your words, child. I can make your father leave nothing for you kids.”

“And I can make your life a living hell.” She mused before turning away from her. But Jung Soojin grabbed her arm, her nails digging onto Ahra’s skin.

“I mean it, Han Ahra. Don’t get in my way, or else,”

Ahra started to wince and looked at her arm.

“You may think highly of yourself, but I don’t care who you are, you are just like one of those spoiled~”

Before she could finish, Soojin’s view was blocked by a tall shadow. Chanyeol was staring down at her.

“It would be best if you let go of that hand.” He said, his voice lower than usual. Ahra noticed how his shoulders were hunched up, his fingers were twitching.

“Are you going to interfere now~” Soojin stopped when a deep sound came from Chanyeol, Ahra’s eyes widened.

Soojin dropped her hand, completely stunned, Ahra winced and looked at the red markings on her arm.

“Back off.” Chanyeol stated, but Ahra could hear the deep rumblings coming from his chest. Soojin started to take steps back, her eyes were trained on Chanyeol.

“I’m warning you, Ahra. Stop being a brat.” She stated before walking towards her car, Ahra walked around the male and faced him.

“Ya, calm down.” She said quietly as she pressed one palm to his chest, he let out a shaky breath. Ahra met his gaze evenly, his eyes had turned into a shade of deep red.

“Yeol, please.” She said again, Chanyeol nodded, he took deep breaths and swallowed.

“I thought you’d like it if I shift before her and give her a .” He chuckled deeply, Ahra just slapped his arm and pulled him towards the car.

“I feel so underappreciated.” Chanyeol murmured, his eyes turned back to its natural color, Ahra chuckled and just kissed his cheek.

“Thanks, I mean it.”

“Did you get hurt? I can smell blood.” He recounted as he lifted her arm, his brows furrowed when he saw that she got scratched.

“I’ll live, don’t worry.” She said before getting inside the car.

“I’m not worried about you; I’m worried that Jung Soojin warned you.”

Ahra laughed.

“I mean it, she..she’s dangerous.”

“Yes and I have a werewolf boyfriend.” She pointed out.

“Ahra, that~”

“You don’t have to worry about me. I’m fine, I can put up with her.”

Chanyeol exhaled as he started the car.

“Just tell me if she tries to hurt you again, okay?” He patted her knee.

“I hate it when you get hurt.”

"Okay, noted. I understand, young master." She rolled her eyes as the car started to move.

"So, what did Jisung mean when the principal was being improper with you?"

Ahra blinked at him.

"Do I need to take care of him?" Chanyeol glanced at her briefly.

"No, you don't have to "take care" of anybody." Ahra eyed him warily.

 

 

"I'm just saying, I can." He shrugged at her.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++