011

Society's Secret

Ahra nodded along as she forked through her salad.

“Then, what do you think, my father has big plans for this hotel.” Director Jin of Jin Holdings looked at her expectedly.

“I already have my team reviewing your proposals, president. From what I’ve heard, they seem to have questions.”

“Questions?” He asked, Ahra set her fork down.

“It’s about the location, I’ve also contacted HanShin Development to ask for their opinion but,” Ahra tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“We might have issues with environmentalist about it, have you thought of other locations?”

“Hmm, Ahra-ssi,” He spoke, the Han heiress looked at him.

“Do you have time tonight?” He asked her, Ahra nodded carefully.

“Then, how about we go out? Just you and me, I mean, talking about our ideas will probably help us.”

“At night? We can set a meeting for that.” She replied. But the male just smiled at her.

“I meant, you should loosen up a bit, director Han. We can go out for drinks.”

Ahra was appalled.

“How bad can it get? Having drinks with a beautiful girl like~”

The male halted when somebody suddenly pulled the empty chair beside him and sat down.

Ahra paused,

“I got your text. You’re still staying at my place tonight, right?” Chanyeol asked, his tone going down one octave lower.

“Uh—Uhm, do you know him, Ahra-ssi?” Director Jin asked, wide-eyed and confused.

“Enough that I don’t need to call her Ahra-ssi.” Chanyeol replied coolly before taking a sip from Ahra’s cantaloupe juice.

“I’ll bring the car up front, I’ll be waiting. And watching.” Chanyeol said before standing up and walking back to the doors.

 

 

“Oppa, I’m actually going out for lunch, can you come back this afternoon then?”

Kris stood up.

“I’ll just go ahead, dinner later, then, okay?” Kris winked at her.

“Dinner?”

“I don’t want to join you and Sehun now. I have to save myself from the upcoming~”

“Get out.” Yemin muttered, Taemin grew amused, knowing how Kris and Yemin’s friendship worked.

“I’ll just come back later. It’s good that you’re here now.” Taemin patted her shoulder.

“Yeah, I didn’t know we had business with LeeSan.”

“We always did, but I always dealt with your unnie.” Taemin said before stepping out of the office, Yemin let out a breath.

Then the door opened again.

“I’ll call you then. I..can still do that, right?” Taemin asked hesitantly, Yemin nodded.

“Of course you can, oppa. Just speak freely.” Yemin said, the door closed and she plopped down on her chair.

“I have to get used to that too.” She murmured as she picked up her purse and headed down to the lobby.

She found Sehun outside the revolving doors leaning against his red Ferrari Spider.

“That was quick.” He said, his eyes flashed red briefly before opening the car’s door for her.

“It’s because I’m hungry, work can wait.” She said, employees were staring at the two, most of the females were gushing at how much they looked good together.

“So, you’re working with him.” Sehun stated, Yemin paused. The wind blew softly, her familiar scent of orange blossom and a tinge of jasmine surrounded him.

“I’m trying to not let that bother me.” She said honestly, Sehun’s brows met briefly.

“It’s nothing. Kris ge has abandoned us. Let’s go.” She said before getting inside the car.

 

 

“Whoa, it’s really been a while.” Hyunjin said as he looked around the restaurant’s interior.

“Did you come here often?” Ahyeon asked.

“When we were younger, our parents brought us here a lot.” Jisung explained.

“Jisung always ordered fried chicken with lemon sauce.” Felix nodded, Ahyeon smiled, then she leaned back and took out an elastic band.

“We should hit the arcade after eating.” Hyunjin suggested.

Jisung was staring at Ahyeon as she gathered her hair in a loose ponytail, then he flinched as the scent of lavender hit him.

His fingers grew numb. He closed his eyes briefly, Felix caught sight of his friend’s eyes turning red, he glanced at Hyunjin meaningfully.

“The last time I checked, you guys were in high school. Not college.”

Jisung looked up distracted, Ahyeon followed his gaze and she stood up, her eyes wide.

The two exhaled in relief as they saw Jisung’s eyes were back in its normal color.

“U—Uhm, we’re just out for lunch, unnie.” Ahyeon stuttered.

Jisung started to smile at his sister, a small sheepish smile.

“Han Jisung.” Yemin made a face at him, then Ahyeon noticed the tall male walking towards them.

“Noona,” He said as he took out a small bottle of banana milk from his backpack.

Felix chuckled.

“I’m disappointed, but I don’t mind. Move over.” Yemin chuckled before taking the milk, she faced Ahyeon grinned at her.

“Sit down, don’t worry. I wont tell.” Yemin took the girl’s hand and made her seat.

“Ditching class now?” The male grinned before bumping fists with Jisung.

“Hyung, how have you been?” Hyunjin greeted.

“We didn’t know we’d catch you in the act.” Sehun mused back, then he looked at Ahyeon, his eyes went to Jisung briefly.

He leaned closer to Yemin briefly and whispered.

“Lavender.” He said softly, Yemin blinked, then she smiled.

“Right, hyung, this is Ahyeon. New member of the squad.” Felix announced.

Ahyeon looked at the male and took his offered hand.

“This is Sehun hyung, Yemin noona’s boyfriend.” Jisung explained. Yemin took a small sip from the banana milk.

“How’s work?” Jisung asked her.

“Stay out of Han Ahra’s way today. She’s not in a good mood.” She shrugged, Jisung grinned at her.

“I didn’t know you were allowed to maximize lunch time this much. Does your boss know?” Jisung , Sehun chuckled.

“Do you really want appa to hear about this? His only son cutting class?” Yemin challenged.

“I’m a senior, noona.” Jisung rolled his eyes.

“You’re still a student. I still don’t get why he bought you that car. It’s~”

“Come on, children. Stop fighting.” Sehun mused as he carelessly pulled Yemin’s seat closer to him.

Ahyeon blinked at him. Hyunjin and Felix glanced at each other.

“Paw Patrol.” Jisung mused under his breath, Yemin glared at him.

“Real smooth, Oh.” Yemin whispered.

“Hyunjin and Felix have already shifted, you have nothing to worry about.” Sehun spoke lowly.

“And she’s bound to know too.” He jutted his lips towards Ahyeon, who was chatting with Jisung comfortably.

Yemin looked at her sibling, Jisung was smiling as the girl spoke to him.

“I just hope nobody gets hurt.” She nodded, Sehun just scrunched his nose at her before squeezing her knee.

 

 

Ahra exhaled as she stepped out of the building, she could hear Chanyeol’s footsteps behind her.

“What do you want?”

“I should be asking you that. What happened last night?” Chanyeol asked softly.

“Why is she always hanging around you?”

“Ahra, it’s Jaehee. I’ve known her since I was~”

“She’s not good for you, you know that.” She told him.

“That’s being too harsh, Ahra.” He said.

“Harsh? You were suspected of substance usage because of her.” Ahra pointed out.

“Ahra, she’s clean now. She’s changed.”

“Yeah, she said that two relapses ago after an attempt to get inside your room so that she could sleep with you.”

“Ahra, I~”

“You know what, I don’t want to discuss this. I have work to do.” She was about to turn towards her car, but she saw Jung Soojin walking towards the shop across the street, she was chatting with a friend.

Ahra exhaled.

“Ahra, wait,” Chanyeol grabbed her hand.

“I don’t want that to happen again, Yeol. I was there too; I saw it took a toll on you. And I hate seeing you affected by her mistakes again.”

“I know, but this time I’ll be careful. I know my friend.”

Ahra bit her lip.

“And, I’m sorry, next time I’ll tell you before making plans.” He said as he took both of her hands in his.

“Yeol, you’re risking too much just to be her friend.”

Chanyeol nodded.

“I’m sorry, Ahra. But, you’re more important. You’ve always been.” He said before wrapping his arms around her.

“So, don’t think that she comes first. It’s always you.” He stated. Ahra exhaled and just closed her eyes, letting his familiar warmth engulf her.

Then Shin Jaehee’s voice started to echo in her head.

 

 

You’ll never have his heart. I will always be his first.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++