003

Society's Secret

Ahyeon marched down the steps of Apgujeong High, her backpack was hanging over one shoulder as she checked the time.

“Ya, do you have plans this noon?” Her friend, Miran asked her.

“No, I have to head straight home.” Ahyeon replied, then she noticed the car from earlier, her brows met briefly.

“What?” Miran followed her gaze.

“That..car, whose is that?” She jutted her lips towards the the G Class Wagon.

Miran followed her gaze, then the girl started to squeal. Ahyeon stared at her, wide-eyed.

“That’s Han Jisung’s car!”

Ahyeon nodded, clueless.

“We’re in the same year, you should see~ Oh!”

Three males started to approach the vehicle.

“That’s him and his friends!”

“Which one is him?” Ahyeon spoke, then before Miran could speak, a pair of dark brown eyes were staring back at her.

“The one looking right at you.” Miran mused before pulling her down the steps with her.

Ahyeon looked away, she never heard of him before. Maybe because she never really paid attention to the people outside her small circle of friends.

She bit her lip, that person saved her earlier. And she wanted to thank him.

She looked up again, Han Jisung was already inside his car.

“Wait, Han Jisung? As in, that Han?”

“Yeah, that Han. He’s the only son of HanShin Group.” Miran nodded along.

“One of those spoiled brats then.” Ahyeon stated.

“That brat helped you out earlier. Besides, you have to admit.” Miran shook her head at the girl.

Ahyeon eyed her friend warily.

“He’s pretty hot.”

“Ew.” Ahyeon just walked ahead of her, Miran grinned at her friend.

 

 

Yemin slid down from the car, she glanced back behind her.

“Dinner at my place later.” Chanyeol said as Sehun followed her.

“You only asked me to come home to detonate the bomb. I feel used.” She stated.

“I tried, Min. I really tried.” Chanyeol pleaded, she just shook her head before heading into the building. Sehun placed his palm on her back as they stepped into the lobby.

“I haven’t been in here in a while.” Yemin said to herself as they got inside the building, some employees glanced twice when they saw her.

“So, really? What’s happening? Is it really that bad?”

“You read the file. Ahra noona has a point, it does seem..fishy.” Sehun said.

“But, why wont appa hear her out? That Jung Soojin has been working as head of HR for six months, then she approached my father..then they started going out. It does seem…weird.”

“How did she get into that position so fast? Surely, not because of my father, but to become a head of a department in six months~”

“Oh, you should be careful, ! No, it should be company tramp!” A familiar voice echoed throughout the lobby.

Yemin looked around, then she saw her sister standing by the elevator, facing a very stunned Jung Soojin.

 

 

“Like I said, Ahra. You should listen to your secretary. Be careful of your image.” Jung Soojin said softly.

“Did you follow me down here to piss me off?” Ahra faced her.

“Ani, I wanted to talk to you earlier, but you brushed me off. You shouldn’t do that. Especially to your new boss.”

“Excuse me?” Ahra paused.

“Your father offered me the COO position and I took it.”

Ahra was stunned.

“You should be careful how you act around me, daughter. You should call me mom now.” Soojin said with a smile.

“Oh, you should be careful, . No, it should be company tramp!”

The employees in the lobby all stopped, Ahra watched how the woman before her changed her facial expression quickly, she looked frightened and hurt.

The perfect mask to trick the people watching.

Ahra wanted to roll over and laugh.

“Unnie?”

Soojin looked up, then she saw a young lady walking towards them.

“Good, now you have back up, sweetie. Hey, why don’t you take your boss away from the lobby. You don’t want your director Han to be causing a scene, right?” Soojin said to the girl.

The girl looked up to meet her gaze.

“Oh, so this is the woman father has been banging inside the study?” Yemin glanced at his sister, Ahra smirked.

“Yeah, the very one.” She replied, Soojin’s eyes widened in realization as she looked at the two girls. Their resemblance was striking, the same pair of deep set eyes and the similar height.

“Y—Yemin, right?” Soojin stuttered.

“Nice to finally meet you, dear.” She stretched one hand towards her.

“It’s time we disinfect the whole house then.” Yemin said before turning away from the woman and ignoring her offered hand.

Sehun shook his head, Ahra looked at Soojin again.

“Nice move, samonim.” She mused before following her sister.

 

 

“So, who dragged you here?” Ahra asked as they reached Chanyeol’s home.

“Sehun was very persuasive.” Yemin replied.

“Unnie, what was that? How did that happen? Why has she become so..comfortable?”

Ahra smiled and shook her head.

“It was…I started questioning her, how she climbed to the top so fast, you know. Then after that, she revealed her true colors to me.”

“Does abeoji know?” Yemin asked her.

“He does. And it’s like he can’t hear me.”

Yemin exhaled.

“What did I tell you over the phone? She’s not like appa’s other girlfriends. She’s different.”

“What happened earlier? What got you so worked up?”

Ahra shook her head.

“Appa gave her my position.”

“As COO?” That made Yemin halt, Ahra looked at her and nodded.

“I…can’t believe this. How could he? I worked so hard for that position, he promised he’d give it to me.” Ahra looked away, Yemin saw Chanyeol walking towards them.

“I’m sorry, unnie.”

“It’s not your fault. You weren’t here.” Ahra touched her cheek. Yemin exhaled.

“Hey, how was your day?” Chanyeol asked as he reached them, Ahra just shook her head before burying her face on his chest.

Yemin exhaled and marched towards the house, she found Jisung sitting on the couch, he was rubbing his chest absentmindedly.

“Hello, sunflower.” Yemin smiled before kissing the top of his head and plopping down beside him.

“I heard you already met her.” Jisung put his hand down, Yemin nodded, she looked up and met Sehun’s eyes briefly.

Sehun gave her a small nod, his eyes darkened for a brief moment.

“Yeah, I did.”

Jisung looked at her, his eyes flashed a deep red briefly, Yemin bit her lip.

“So, where do you stand in all this, noona? I have to know your side.” Jisung broke into a grin.

“We get rid of her, of course. She thought I was the help.”

Jisung chuckled and just squeezed her hand, Yemin winced and pulled her hand away.

“I’ll go check if Chanyeol oppa didn’t overcook the pasta.” She stood and walked towards the kitchen, Yemin looked at her palm.

 

 

There was a small bruise across the back of her hand.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++