016

Society's Secret

Jisung was dumbfounded as he stood by the foyer, Ahyeon was just staring as the Hans’ house staff started to carry a batch of Louis Vuitton and Goyard luggages to a waiting Range Rover outside the house.

“What’s happening?” Jisung murmured, then he saw his sister by the top of the stairs.

“Noona!” He called, Ahra looked at the two.

“Good, you’re home.” She said as she reached the end of the stairs, Ahyeon saw Chanyeol waiting outside, the male had a troubled look on his face.

“Here, you can have these.” Ahra tossed a bunch of keys to her brother, Jisung’s wolf reflexes caught them before they could hit the marbled floor.

Jisung grew confused as he stared at the keys on his palm.

“Noona~”

“I heard appa confiscated your G Class Wagon, so, you can use~”

“The Lamborghini?” The boy was actually grinning, while Ahyeon just stared at the luggages being lifted to the waiting car.

“And the Maserati for school.” Ahra smiled at him.

“You’re giving him the Maserati for school?” Chanyeol was smiling as they reached them.

“Wait, why…your bags..” Jisung’s halted, Ahra bit her lip.

“I..I am moving out.”

“What?!” Jisung froze, he put the keys down and looked at his sister.

“Why would you do that?”

“I need to be away from this house, appa and I~”

“Appa made you leave? You’re leaving because of~”

“Jisung-ah,” Ahra placed one hand on his shoulder, Jisung’s jaw grew taut. Chanyeol looked at the male worriedly.

“Noona, you can’t do this. You can’t let her win.” Jisung shook his head.

“No, it’s not like that. I just can’t stand being in this~”

“Fine, leave. Everyone leaves anyway. Just like how mom did.” Jisung shook her hand off and went up to his room.

 

 

Yemin ran one hand through her hair before turning away from the computer.

She leaned back on her seat and closed her eyes. It was getting a little too much for her, she didn’t expect that she’d be working with Taemin.

Seeing him again brought back so many things from the past and she felt uncomfortable about it.

She felt dirty.

Her phone started to ring, she mindlessly picked it up.

“He~”

“Ya, where are you?” Chanyeol’s worried tone made her pause.

“Oppa? I’m work. What’s up?”

“Ahra just left your house.”

Yemin stood up.

“What do you mean she left?”

“She..had this argument with your father earlier, apparently they moved up the wedding.”

“Wedding? What wedding?” Yemin’s gaze then landed on the white envelope on her desk. It arrived hours ago, and she never had the time to open it.

“Oh my god.” She muttered.

“We’re at my place now. But..Jisung..”

“Did they fight?”

“He got mad at her for leaving. Can you~”

“I’ll talk to Jisung, oppa. Thanks for taking her in.”

“Of course. Take care.” Chanyeol said before ending the call. Yemin walked back to her table and put her phone down, then she saw the small polaroid photo on her pen holder.

Sehun was smiling at the camera with her on his back, she was wearing a pair of Minnie Mouse ears.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered before picking up her bag and trench coat.

Yemin just sighed before leaving her office.

 

 

Ahyeon chewed on her lip as she stood by the doorway, she could hear loud music playing from inside the room.

“Han Jisung,” She murmured softly, then to her surprise the door opened. It was as if he heard her.

“You’ve been standing there for a while now.” Jisung said, Ahyeon could still see how distressed her was as he stood before her.

“I..just wanted to check if..you haven’t thrashed your room yet. You know, typical teenage boy tantrums.” She replied, Jisung shook his head and just let her in.

“I just…I just didn’t expect that she’d decide to leave. It’s like she’s letting her win,”

“Can I ask why? Why are you all against her? I think she makes your father happy.” Ahyeon settled for the green bean bag on the carpeted floor.

“It took her six months, just six months to become an executive at HanShin. And a few months later, she becomes my father’s fiancé.”

Ahyeon paused, her brows furrowed together.

“I know what you’re thinking. And no, we’re not looking down at her because she’s…she isn’t in the same circle as ours, but..it seems off you know.” Jisung murmured.

“Off?”

“I don’t think she loves my father.” Jisung said softly, Ahyeon bit her lip, the male just sat down across her.

“And, look what’s happening now. My sister just left the house.” He trailed off.

“If she really loved my father, she wouldn’t let this happen. She wouldn’t taunt Ahra noona, she’d respect her.” Jisung let out a shaky breath.

“I’m..I’m sorry.” Ahyeon didn’t know what to say. Jisung looked up and gave her a small smile.

“It’s not your fault. I’m glad you’re here. You…make things better.” He said before squeezing her hand and walking towards his computer.

Ahyeon just puffed her cheeks and looked at her socks.

 

 

Jung Soojin almost jumped when she heard the double door swing open.

“I cannot believe this!” Yemin snapped as she walked towards her father’s desk.

“Yemin~”

“You kicked her out?”

“I gave her a choice, Yemin.” Mr. Han said to her, Jung Soojin looked up from the desk.

“And yet you have this snake, just watching as this family starts to crumble down.” Yemin stated.

“Your sister wanted something else, Yemin. She’s greedy.”

“She just wanted to protect you.” Yemin shook her head.

“Protect me from what? My fiancé? You two girls have become hypocrites. I let you prance around with your boy~”

“Don’t bring them into this, appa. You were the one who suddenly brought a woman home without telling us.”

“I am your father; I am the head of this family.” Mr. Han yelled at her.

“Then start acting like it. Stop taking her side, for once, appa, listen to your children!”

“Do you want to leave too? Because I wont stop you.” Mr. Han challenged, Soojin stood up.

“Yeobo, stop doing this. I can just transfer to our condo unit.” She said with a feigned sad tone, Yemin almost laughed.

“Why would I leave? Who’s gonna stop Jisung when he finally loses his temper with you two?” She chuckled dryly.

“And now you use your brother against me?”

“You did that, abeoji. Not me.” Yemin said before turning her away from the couple, but then she halted.

“Oh, and one thing,” She said.

“I’m coming to your wedding. You better be prepared.”

 

 

Kris glanced at the younger male as he twirled the almost empty glass before him.

“Why are you out here?” Kris asked.

“You know.”

Kris paused, Sehun faced him.

“You know why Yemin left him.”

Kris shook his head.

“Ya, it’s something I can’t just tell you.Yemin~”

“So tell me, why does he still affect her so much?” Sehun asked.

“He doesn’t, Yemin’s just uncomfortable around him.”

“Then why does her heart beat so fast when he’s around her? She’s nervous around him, hyung. Did he hurt her?” Sehun’s demanded.

“No, Yemin and him, they go~”

“They go way back, I know. And there are things that I don’t know about her that he does.” Sehun stated, Kris looked away.

“Sehun, she chose you.”

Sehun started to shake his head.

“He appears then its as if Yemin’s..distracted. She’s~”

“She has so much on her plate right now, Sehun. Don’t add to that.” Kris said softly.

“I just don’t know…She..”

“Look,” Kris faced him.

“Yemin, she chose you, okay? That’s the only thing you need to remember.”

Sehun exhaled and just finished his drink.

 

“Did she really?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++