037

Society's Secret

Ahyeon puffed her cheeks as she reached the edge of the school’s gardens, she could hear the loud cheers behind her, there was a sack race on going with the other families.

“Jisung-ah,” She spoke softly, Jisung was standing on top a giant rock, she wanted to ask how he got on top of it despite its slipper surface and the thick snow that covered it, but she decided not to.

“Did he leave already?” He asked her.

“Will you help me up?” She replied, Jisung turned and looked at her.

Ahyeon offered him a smile and raised both of her arms, Jisung sighed before reaching down to lift her up.

“And no, he’s still inside.”

Jisung’s brows furrowed, he cleared some of the snow for her before letting her go.

“I know this..this is a delicate subject, but,” Ahyeon tugged on the sleeve of his sweater.

“He’s family. He’s your father, Han.”

“Did you forget what he did? He put my sisters in danger just because his woman.”

“Ya, nobody’s perfect. It was mistake.” Ahyeon said softly, Jisung shook his head.

“Yemin noona almost died. Remember the elevator incident?”

Ahyeon paused and bit her lip.

“And your father gave up his position just to make it up to all of you. He didn’t even try to deny the rumors. He even had to face the courts alone.”

“Ahyeon~”

“Look, I’m not telling you to forgive him right away. But at least…, just treat him properly. He’s trying to make things right.” She spoke and cupped his cheek softly.

“He’s still your father, despite everything that has happened. He loves you and your sisters.”

“I hate it when you’re being reasonable.” He murmured under his breath.

“I don’t exactly enjoy it when you get all tensed up and wolfy.” She pointed out dryly, Jisung chuckled before wrapping his arms around her.

 

 

“Wow, that was tragic.” Ahra spoke, she shrugged at her father.

“What brings you in Seoul, appa?” Yemin was the first one to speak, she sat down and gestured for her father to sit beside her.

Ahra snorted and moved a seat away, Chanyeol shook his head.

“Let’s buy something to eat.” He said to Sehun, the latter glanced at Yemin.

“Coffee.” She said to him, Sehun nodded back and left with Chanyeol.

“I heard about the event here, I wanted to check on how Jisung’s doing.”

Ahra’s brows rose.

“How did things go? What happened to her?” Yemin asked carefully.

“HanShin has pressed charges. The law will take care of her now.” He said in a calm tone.

“Thank god, we’ve been feeding that snake for months,” Ahra commented, Yemin sent her a look.

“It’s fine, Yemin-ah, I deserve this.”

“Abeoji~”

“I would like to apologize for everything that has happened. I know I put you all in danger and I hurt my family badly.” He said softly, Ahra puffed her cheeks.

“Being with Soojin was a big mistake and I know that I may lose all of you because of it. But,” He looked up and took Ahra and Yemin’s hands in both of his.

“No matter what happens, I’ll always be here for you. If someone bothers you at HanShin, just tell me. Appa will take care of it.”

Ahra bit her lip, her tears threatening to fall.

“And, you, Han Ahra, you better get married soon. I want to see my grandchildren too.” He chided her playfully.

“This is not fair.” Ahra muttered before standing up and running away from them still trying to hide her tears.

“Did..I say something wrong?” He asked.

“You know her, appa. She tries to pretend she doesn’t have feelings.” Yemin chuckled.

 

 

Ahra leaned back on the balustrade as Yemin and Jisung crossed the field together, the two were chatting as the youngest Han toyed around with a badminton racket.

“Unnie, don’t you ever get cold?” Ahyeon spoke, Ahra was only wearing a black designer sweater, no jacket or parka wrapped around her despite the snow in their surroundings.

“I don’t usually need one when he’s around,” Ahra pointed to Chanyeol who was standing next to her,

Ahyeon blinked.

“Werewolves have really high temperatures.” She explained, Chanyeol chuckled before reaching for Ahyeon’s hand.

The girl’s eyes widened as she realized how warm he was.

“That’s why I rarely see Jisung wearing his coat.” She murmured.

Chanyeol nodded and smiled before wrapping one arm around Ahra.

“And that’s why it’s better to be around him a lot.” Ahra said coyly, Chanyeol rolled his eyes at her.

Ahyeon laughed.

“We should head back inside, unnie and oppa.”

Then they watched as Sehun joined the other two, Yemin almost automatically reached for him. She saw how Sehun smiled before taking her hand in his.

Ahyeon smiled to herself before walking back towards the building.

 

 

“I cannot believe we’re here, at our old high school, eating in the cafeteria.” Chanyeol mused as Jisung and Felix arrived with their food.

“It has been a while huh?” Yemin nodded along before taking a sip from her coffee.

“So, how are things so far, noona?” Hyunjin spoke.

“My boss has a terrible temper.” Yemin nodded, Sehun chuckled.

“Ya.” Ahra eyed her dryly, the younger girl laughed.

“Well, enough about us, how about we put Ahyeon and our baby brother on the hot seat.” Ahra chirped, Jisung glared at his sibling.

“Right, right. Let’s do this.” Felix cheered, Ahyeon winced.

“It’s family day and they’re all ganging up on me,” Jisung muttered under his breath.

“I hear Ahyeon’s pretty popular too, any one caught your eye lately?” Yemin asked in teasing tone.

“Uhmm…I don’t..really,” Ahyeon stammered.

“Ever since she’s been hanging out with us and that incident where Jisung tossed another guy, most males are a little afraid to approach her.” Felix stated.

“Hmm, makes sense.” Yemin blinked, Jisung grinned at her.

“We don’t need to really trap them with this, our brother’s done for.” Ahra chuckled. Ahyeon bit her lip.

“Totally done for. He’s all yours now.” Yemin patted Ahyeon’s hand.

Felix and Hyunjin chortled.

“Stop it, he might turn into a wolf with all the teasing.” Chanyeol mused.

“Yes, we should stop teasing him.” Ahyeon nodded quickly.

“If he does turn into a wolf here and wrecks everything, maybe we can ask abeoji to write a check for the school.” Yemin laughed.

Jisung had his nose scrunched.

“Your sisters are amazing.” Ahyeon mused at him.

 

“Yeah, they’re both my walking headaches.” Jisung mumbled, Ahra just beamed at him.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=