027

Society's Secret

Yemin was stretching her arms as she padded down to the kitchen, she saw Jisung standing in front of the refridgerator, checking the shelved for something to eat.

“Hey, maknae.” She said to him, the boy didn’t reply.

“How was school? Have you spoken with Ahyeon?” Yemin asked before taking an apple from the table.

Jisung just shrugged at her before taking out a can of beer, Yemin paused.

“Ya,” She walked towards him.

“You know the rules.” She chided before trying to take the can from him.

But Jisung pulled back.

“Jisung-ah, don’t~”

“Not now, noona.” He snapped at her, Yemin stilled and looked at her sibling’s eyes.

“Ji—Jisung-ah, you’re not allowed to drink.” She said as she looked at his red eyes.

“Just back off, noona.” Jisung said before sidestepping her.

“Jisung-ah, we can talk about this. Did~”

Jisung started to growl. Yemin froze, the male was about to turn to her but another growl interrupted him.

“Step back.”

Jisung paused, his fangs were starting to show.

“I said step back.” Chanyeol barked, the younger male flinched before heading to the stairs.

“Oppa,” Yemin sighed.

“I came by for this,” Chanyeol placed the paper bag on the counter beside them.

“Are you not going up? Unnie’s home.”

He shook his head at her, Yemin paused.

“Oh, did something happen?” She frowned.

 

 

Ahra was surprised when she heard the front door shut loudly, she made her way to the kitchen and paused.

“Good, you’re here. I need explanations.” She spoke, Yemin looked at her. Chanyeol bit his lip.

“Unnie, oppa just got here. You two should~”

“No, you need to hear this too.”

Yemin flinched, it was that tone. Her older sister was using her cold and business-like tone on Chanyeol.

“Is this about the email?”

“How did you find out about her previous husband?” Ahra asked, her gaze not meeting his.

“The police have records.”

“Previous husband?” Yemin echoed, Ahra handed her a folder, the younger girl opened it and she halted.

“Her husband died?”

“An animal attack. Sounds weird, right?” Ahra asked, Yemin’s brows furrowed.

“Look, I know that this Jung Soojin thing is really important,” Yemin started to speak.

“Thanks for this. But I think I can take it from here.” Ahra cut her off, her eyes were on Chanyeol.

The younger Han bit her lip.

“Ahra-yah, let’s talk.” Chanyeol spoke.

“There’s nothing to talk about. You know your way out.” She said before turning away from him and walking back to the stairs.

Yemin dashed towards the poolside, stepping out of the house.

 

 

Ahyeon was chewing on her lip as she walked towards the gardens, security had let her come in without a lot of questions. She had a box of donuts with her as she padded towards the familiar path, and then she saw him.

Jisung was panting as he reached the end of their property, his body was burning all over. And he knew what that meant, he tossed his shirt away, before he could even remove his shoes, he felt his spine stretch out.

And then the wolf was out.

Ahyeon stopped on her tracks, her eyes were on the white wolf as it stretched before her.

She swallowed before speaking.

“Ji-Jisung-ah,”

Red eyes were immediately on her.

Ahyeon let out a shaky breath before walking towards the wolf, the latter remained still, its eyes never leaving her.

“I know I’ve been…really rude lately, I just…didn’t know how to..process..all this.” She sniffed and looked around them, snow was starting to fall down.

“But, you are my friend. And it was wrong of me to think that you were dangerous. I guess…I just panicked.” She said carefully, the wolf just moved closer to her, wanting to keep her warm.

“I’m sorry.” Ahyeon said to him, she raised her palm, it hovered over his fur.

The wolf scrunched its nose before nuzzling his nose against her palm.

Ahyeon couldn’t help but smile back at him.

“I guess Yemin unnie’s organic dyes haven’t been shipped yet.” She said lightly, the wolf rolled its eyes at her.

Ahyeon chuckled before pressing her shoulder closer against him, enjoying his warmth.

 

 

Yemin was rubbing her palms together as she stood outside the gates, she had forgotten that she was just dressed in a thin shirt and denim shorts when she ran out of the house minutes earlier.

She had her phone tucked in her pocket as she waited for Sehun to come pick her up.

“Yemin-ah?”

She looked across the street, a black Jaguar XJ was just pulling over. Yemin saw the windows roll up.

“Oppa.” She blurted when she saw Taemin slide down from the car.

“What are you doing out here? It’s snowing.” He said as he shook off his coat and draped it around her quickly.

“Something happened inside. I decided to disappear and take cover.” She shrugged at him, Taemin just looked at her with concern.

“I’m okay, oppa. Just cold. Thank you.” She said to him as she looked at the street again.

“Your lips are blue, Yemin.” Taemin said.

“I’m fine, oppa. Don’t worry.” She replied to him with a small smile, Taemin paused, his eyes travelled to her cheeks, nose then her lips.

“Yemin-ah,”

Yemin’s eyes were still checking the road, Taemin cupped her left cheek, the girl stilled and looked at him.

“You never answered my question.”

“Oppa, I~”

“Why? Why did you leave me?”

Yemin could only stare back at him, not knowing what to say.

“I can only see you.” He said as he leaned in towards her, Yemin was about to push him back when Taemin seemed to have flown away from her.

No, he was tossed away from her.

Then she heard it, a dangerously low growl from behind her. Taemin was hissing as he stood up from the wet pavement.

“S-Sehun-ah,” She turned to the black wolf as it stood up to it full height, Yemin panicked.

“You took her from me!” Taemin said as he leapt up and shifted in midair, a dark gray wolf appeared before them, growling and grumbling as it stalked towards Yemin.

“Stop this.” Yemin started to stutter, Sehun moved, covering Yemin with his body.

The gray wolf hissed at him, Yemin felt Sehun’s low grumbles on her back, she turned and made the wolf face her.

“Shift back, please.” She begged, but his gaze wasn’t on her, but on the wolf across them.

“S—Sehun, I’m cold.” She was already shaking; the black wolf was growling back as Taemin started to near them.

“S—Sehun, it’s really cold. I need you back.” She breathed, the black wolf paused, its red eyes went to hers.

“Focus on me.” She whispered before sliding down, the gray wolf was about to move forward but Sehun just growled at him before picking grabbing the cloth of Yemin’s shirt and tossing her on his back.

Taemin stared back at him challengingly, Sehun just shook his head before leaping over the Hans’ gates and running towards the house with Yemin safe and warm on his wide back.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++