001

Society's Secret

“Good morning, pretty flower.”

The girl behind the counter smiled at the old man warmly.

“Your grandson is not with you today, haraboji.” She said as she took the cash from him along with his passbook.

“He has class today; he was so excited this morning.”

“I give it a few more years still he starts to whine about school.” She said as she thought of the five-year-old toddler and his cute dimples.

“It’s a Friday afternoon, why are you still at work?” The elder , she grinned back at him.

“We all have work here, haraboji.”

“Aigoo, so young and yet already buried with work. You should enjoy life and go out there.”

She let him talk as she processed his deposit.

“You might end up single forever, pretty flower.”

“I might just, halbae.” She smiled before handing him his slip and passbook.

“Here you go, all done. Enjoy your day, halbae. Say hi to Minjun for me.” She bowed politely.

The elder patted her hand and placed a lemon candy on the counter before leaving, she sighed and leaned back on her chair, she read the label on the pen before her.

“Woori Bank.” She mused.

“I might as well hide here forever.” She said before picking up the pen and started going through the files.

 

 

The youngest Han sibling shook his head as his eldest sister sat down across him.

“Does that even make sense?” She demanded, the butler looked away as the maids started to scurry out of the room.

“Noona, it’s still~”

“We let him parade this girl at our home, we didn’t say anything when he started to bang this~”

“Noona, please.” He groaned as he set his spoon down, his cereal suddenly became unappetizing to him.

“How could he do this? It’s like backstabbing us in our faces!”

“That’s…physically impossible.” He pointed out as he picked up his coffee.

“He wants to bring her into the family, maknae.” She spat and slammed her cup on the saucer harshly.

“We can’t exactly tell our father what to do.”

“So, you’re okay with this?” She asked hotly, he closed his mouth.

“I hate her.” She hissed, then another male in the room joined them.

“Good morning, kids.” The Han patriarch said with a smile.

“What’s good in the morning when I just saw you.” His eldest child stood up and walked out of the room, seconds later a silver Porsche Boxster was seen speeding away from the Han mansion.

“Well?” Mr. Han looked at his son.

“She hates you.” He shrugged before picking up his backpack.

“Son,”

“You had this coming, abeoji. You should have told noona first. I have to get to class.” He stated before leaving the room.

 

 

Lee Ahyeon leapt down from the black SUV and ran towards Apgujeong High School’s gates. She heard some boys whistle at her as she passed, she shuddered before throwing them the finger.

“Acting tough this morning, eh, Lee Ahyeon?”

She paused and glanced at the male, he had managed to catch up with her.

“I have no time for this, leave me alone.” She spat as they reached the gates, but the male yanked her back.

“You haven’t paid your debt yet,” He whispered, his lips close to her ear, she pushed him away.

But he just laughed and pulled her body closer to his, Ahyeon started to panic, students were glancing at them, unwilling to go up against one of the most notorious seniors in school.

“Come on, you know you’ll have fun with us.” He said as his hand travel down to her back then to her waist.

Before she could react a loud honk made the male before her jump.

Ahyeon looked to her left, the lights flashed twice.

“Why that~” The male was about to walk towards the car, but it started to rev its engine, the older male panicked and started to run away in panic.

Ahyeon exhaled, she looked at the car again, trying to identify the driver, but one of the school’s security guards pulled her out of the way before she could make out who was behind the wheel.

 

 

“She’s going to flip, hyung.”

“She already has.” The older male replied, he glanced at his watch.

“Do you think it’s time for her to come home? Does she know?” He added, the younger male shook his head.

“I don’t know, I called her earlier, but she was busy. She said she’ll call me back.” He replied as he leaned back against his seat.

The door burst open, Han Ahra strode into the room, flaming.

“How was your morning?” One of the males stood up to greet her, Ahra rolled her eyes before letting him hug her briefly.

“Can you kill someone for me? Well not really kill but just seriously injure her?” She asked before taking her seat.

“By her you mean your father’s fiancé.” The younger male mused.

“You’d do anything for me, right?” Ahra asked her boyfriend with a bright smile.

“We really should call her and ask her to come home.” He pointed out to the male, the latter grinned back.

“I mean it; I want that woman gone.”

“You only hate her because she’s with your father, Ahra. She seems nice.” The male pointed out before kissing the side of her head and sitting beside her.

“Seems nice? Snakes always seem to be nice. But they still bite the hand that feeds them.” She said dryly, the male flinched.

“I’ll get rid of her, just you wait.” She said before taking a sip of her coffee.

The younger male looked at her and smiled to himself.

“Yeah, we need her back here, hyung.” He took out his phone and started to dial.

 

“Good, I shall ask my sister to help me hide the body.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++