020

Society's Secret

Ahyeon bit her lip as she sat down for dinner, Yemin seated across her, something felt different about the girl.

“Are you okay, unnie?” She asked out of concern.

“I’m fine. Just a little bruised, but I’m good.” Yemin said warmly, Jisung joined them.

“The hospital said you should still have some tests run on you.” He muttered, Yemin rolled her eyes at him.

Then Mr. Han arrived with his fiancé.

“Yemin,” He paused, shocked to see his daughter.

“Why are you looking at me as if I shouldn’t be here.” Yemin said before picking up her fork and knife.

“But you got hurt,” Soojin trailed off.

“You will too.” Yemin replied without looking up from her plate, Ahyeon blinked.

“How are you feeling?” Mr. Han asked.

“Better. I feel like I can take on HanShin on my own now.” She chirped, Jisung grinned to himself.

“You should take a few days off, Yemin-ah. You look pretty~”

“You’re just a COO, an employee. I am the child of the owner, don’t tell me what to do.” Yemin said before chewing.

“Han Yemin, don’t talk like that.” Mr. Han stated.

“Oh, don’t yell at me now, appa. The wedding’s coming up, you gotta keep your blood pressure in check.” Yemin stated.

Ahyeon grew confused. It felt like Ahra was the one talking before her.

“She’s just worried about your health.” He chided.

“I’m not worried about hers, so,” Yemin finished her drink.

“Why don’t you ask her to leave this house?”

Her father halted, then Yemin started to laugh.

“It was a joke.” She said before standing up.

“But sometimes, I'm serious about it.” She shrugged before leaving the room.

 

 

“It’s crazy, huh?” Jisung said as he sat down beside her, Ahyeon glanced at him.

They were both outdoors, sitting by the pool.

“Well, my family’s kind of boring. I’m an only child.” She said, Jisung smiled and nodded.

His eyes flashed red and it made Ahyeon pause.

“You said it was normal.” She started.

“Huh?”

“The eyes.” She nudged him, Jisung faced her.

“There’s this thing about my family that..that,”

“I see you’re still staying with us, girl.”

Jisung looked up, Jung Soojin was standing by the glass doors, Ahyeon stood up.

“Well, aren’t you?” Jisung replied.

“Jisung-ah, the wedding’s coming up soon and with this girl staying with us and always being around you~”

“Did I say anyting when you moved into the house without a word?” Jisung stood up and faced the woman, he pulled Ahyeon behind him.

“Jisung-ah, it’s just..your father would understand what I’m saying, I’m just~”

“You almost killed my sister today. Do you think it’s smart of you to taunt me now?” Jisung’s grip on Ahyeon’s wrist tightened.

“I didn’t. I would never try to hurt~”

“Leave.” Jisung cut her off, the lady paused.

“I’m just trying to make things easier, having a young girl~”

And then it happened.

Jisung growled at Jung Soojin.

“I said leave!”

 

 

Yemin was smiling as she stood by the windows, if things were different, she would be worrying over Jisung and his temper. But seeing Jung Soojin cower in fear the moment her brother yelled at her made the Han lady happy.

“Let’s see if she can handle more.” She murmured before brushing her hair away from her face. Yemin had change into a set of silk pajamas that matched the shade of her dark locks.

She heard the doors open before her.

“I didn’t ask for tea,” She spoke before turning, thinking it was their family’s butler.

“I know.” A masculine voice replied instead, Yemin stilled and turned. Sehun was standing by the doorway with a hesitant look on his face.

“How’s your arm?” Sehun walked towards her, Yemin took a step back.

“Thank you,” She blurted. Sehun paused.

“For helping me earlier, ani, for saving me. Thank you.” She met his gaze evenly.

“Yemin-ah, I~”

“But, how could you do that?”

Sehun looked away.

“You…You can’t just leave like that, after that..you just... You disappeared.” She trailed off, her voice shaking slightly.

Sehun walked towards her, Yemin was starting to shake her head.

“You can’t just leave me like that.” She whispered. Sehun nodded before cupping the back of her head and pulling her to his chest.

“I know, I’m sorry, it wont happen again.” He said soothingly before kissing the top of her head.

Yemin closed her eyes and exhaled.

“Are you really okay? I heard you left the hospital right away.” Sehun asked softly as he rubbed her back.

“I’m fine.” She nodded as she pulled back to meet his gaze.

Sehun’s eyes were a bright red, her brows rose.

“Don’t worry, nobody saw me.” He said with a smile, then he looked over her shoulder.

“I’m surprised you didn’t stop that.” He stated, Yemin followed his gaze.

“She asked for it.” She replied, Sehun just smiled before lifting her up.

“I’m really sorry, Yemin-ah. I just…I just got ahead of myself, with him being back and he has to work so close to you.” Sehun murmured.

“It’s…not him, not anymore.” She replied, she bit her lip briefly.

Sehun gave her a small nod before pressing his lips against hers, Yemin murmured something before pulling away and pressing her face on the crook of his neck.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you your own elevator.” Sehun said playfully before sitting down with her on his lap.

Yemin just smiled before closing her eyes.

 

 

Ahra was swaying her hips back and forth as she entered the kitchen, Chanyeol blinked.

“You’re in a good mood.” He balked.

“Yeah.”

“Do I need to remind you that Yemin got in a life threatening incident today?”

“Yeah, and thank the heavens she’s safe, also thank the heavens for boyfriends with super strength,” She recited as she got herself a glass of water.

“Huh.” Chanyeol nodded.

“That move Jung Soojin did, she just woke up the beast.”

“Are we talking about Sehun or Yemin?”

“Yemin, of course.” Ahra chuckled.

“She’s so evil.” Chanyeol murmured under his breath before facing the stove again, Ahra smiled before climbing onto his back.

“People know me as the one with the bad temper, cold personality and all, but Yemin…Yemin’s another story.” She mused before kissing his neck.

“Most older siblings would stop this kind of behavior.” Chanyeol pointed out.

“Yemin’s an evil genius, Yeol. She will get things done. And with Jisung in that house, boom.” Ahra was giggling like a schoolgirl.

Chanyeol just shook his head.

“You’re not worried for Ahyeon? She’s stuck with those two now.”

“I have a feeling she’ll be my sister-in-law in a few years.” Ahra nodded proudly, Chanyeol just smiled before squeezing her thighs.

“Be careful, I’m cooking.” He informed her, Ahra just smiled and leaned her chin on his shoulder.

Ahra was about to speak when Chanyeol’s phone started to ring, her eyes went to the screen and she paused.

Jaehee

 

 

Ahyeon looked up just as the older girl went down the steps, she paused.

“Are you leaving for work?” Jisung spoke to her.

Yemin nodded, she was dressed in an all-white pantsuit with a pair of blood red stilettos.

“It’s a Saturday, are you two off to school?” She asked.

“Attendance is required.” Ahyeon sighed, the older girl chuckled. The butler opened the front door for her.

“Yemin? Are you leaving?” Mr. Han appeared from his study, Yemin just glanced at him, then she saw the Rolls Royce Phantom roll towards the curb, it pulled to a stop just across the front door.

“There’s a board meeting this morning.” She said without facing him, she saw Jung Soojin appear beside her father.

“Good, Yemin,we can ride together.” Soojin chirped.

“At least give me a chance to explain to you that I would never hurt~”

Yemin’s left hand went to her ear for a brief moment, Jisung grew amused and just pulled Ahyeon with him towards his car.

“Right, you love the Phantom, right?” Yemin was smiling as she faced Jung Soojin, her father was eyeing her warily.

Then a loud screech was heard as her diamond earring came in contact with the car, Jung Soojin gasped when she saw the long scratch on the luxury car’s body.

“Han Yemin, you~” Mr. Han was about to grab her arm, but the girl just sidestepped him and chuckled.

“You can have it now.” Yemin winked at her before walking towards her Lamborghini Veneno, moments later the silver sport scar was already speeding away beside Jisung’s G-Class Wagon.

Yemin leaned back against the seat and checked the rear-view mirror, she smirked as she saw Jung Soojin fretting over the Rolls Royce.

 

 

“I will make you pay.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++