032

Society's Secret

 

 

Chanyeol took off his coat as he walked in his office, then he saw a familiar male already sitting inside.

“I’m sorry, vice president. He just strode in.” His secretary said apologetically, Chanyeol nodded.

“It’s fine, go.” He said before taking the seat across Sehun.

“I’m not Yemin. Why are you here?” He spoke.

“I just got back. But I need to fly to Japan for a bit.”

“Exactly, why are you here?”

Sehun exhaled and looked away.

“She was supposed to join us for lunch the other day, but she stepped out.”

“How is she?” Sehun asked. Chanyeol glanced at the late afternoon sky.

“She seems a little distracted earlier, but she’s fine.” Chanyeol replied, Sehun nodded.

“Ya, what happened? Why did you just suddenly disappear?”

“It’s a little difficult, hyung. I don’t know..where I stand with her.”

Chanyeol shook his head.

“I don’t see how it is. She’s with you. She chose you.”

Sehun leaned back on the couch, his forehead furrowed.

“Don’t leave. See her. She needs you now.”

“What?”

“The wedding’s been moved. Ahra is about to kill someone.” Chanyeol shrugged, Sehun shook his head.

Sehun stood up and started to walk towards the door.

“But, remember this.” Chanyeol spoke, the younger male glanced at him.

“She left Taemin for you.”

 

 

Ahra was staring at her sister’s neck as they gathered for breakfast. Jisung sat quietly while stirring his cup of coffee.

“Well, it’s tonight.” Jung Soojin strolled into the room with their father in tow.

The wedding was going to be tomorrow, but they were holding a banquet tonight for close friends and colleagues.

“I can’t wait for this week to end.” Ahra spoke, Yemin had itched on the gauze on her neck.

“Well, are you two ladies free this afternoon? Why not help Soojin with the preparation?” Mr. Han spoke.

“You seriously expect us to help?” Ahra spoke, Jisung looked up.

“I’d rather mow the lawn.” Ahra stated.

“I’m leaving.” The youngest Han stood up, Yemin saw how Jung Soojin smirked at her from across the table.

“I’ll be there.” Yemin spoke before picking up her fork, Ahra stared at her sibling in confusion.

“Excuse me?” Ahra spoke, Mr. Han smiled and nodded.

“It’s going to happen anyway, unnie.” Yemin shrugged before eating.

“Ya, Han Yemin!”

“Ahra.” Mr. Han intervened, Ahra exhaled and just looked at her sibling.

“I’ll be there to help.” Yemin looked at Soojin, the other lady just nodded while throwing Ahra a smirk.

“See? Yemin’s obviously being reasonable here.”

 

 

“This is so weird. And wrong.” Ahra said as she paced back and forth, Jisung grew dizzy and just looked away from his sister.

“What? What if she really just wants to help, noona?”

“Exactly, why would Yemin help? She doesn’t “help”.” Ahra pointed out, the two siblings were standing at the foyer.

“Is she sick? Is it because of her wound? Did she lose a lot of blood?” Ahra frowned, then a black Aston Martin Vanquish pulled over outside.

“Hyung’s here, go. I’ll be there in a few.”

Ahra nodded and just approached the car, he saw Chanyeol slide in and open the door for her.

Jisung looked up, he could hear Yemin moving around upstairs.

“Something’s wrong. She’s up to something.” Jisung said before stepping out of the house and walking towards his car.

 

 

Yemin exhaled as the driver pulled over at the hotel’s curb.

“Is everything ready?” She asked as she pressed her phone against her ear, she checked her reflection again. She was wearing a high-collared lace dress that bared her back and hugged her curves nicely.

“Yes, it’s going as planned, director.”

Yemin looked at the entrance doors, the red carpet was rolled out and a lot of photographers and members of the media were in attendance.

“I’m about to do this alone.” She muttered as the driver opened the door for her, Yemin took a deep breath before sliding down the vehicle, eyes were all immediately on her as she walked on the carpet.

“Director Han! Is it true you and your siblings were against this marriage?”

“Why did you come alone? What about vice president Oh?”

“Are you okay with this marriage?”

People started to press in on her. Yemin flinched but she just moved forward, then she heard people murmur behind her, she paused and glanced back just as a black Mercedes Benz rolled in.

tumblr_ozijfxfsSN1sblhg1o6_r1_400.gif

“Vice president Oh!”

Yemin stopped, Sehun slid down from the car and made his way towards her. She froze when he reached her, his proximity made her tense up.

tumblr_ozijfxfsSN1sblhg1o7_r1_400.gif

“I’m sorry, I’m a bit underdressed.” Sehun said with a small smile as he reached her. Yemin swallowed but she just nodded at him.

“Let’s go inside.” She felt his hand on her back as he pulled her forward.

“You don’t look so well, I’m sorry.” He murmured as they reached the lobby.

Yemin stopped walking and faced him.

“Like I’d let you enter the party alone.” Sehun leaned down to kiss her cheek.

“I’ll just go change upstairs. Can you wait here for a bit?”

Yemin nodded at him.

“Sehun-ah,” She breathed, Sehun paused and looked at her questioningly.

“I missed you.”

 

“Me too.” Sehun touched her cheek briefly before going to the elevator.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++