004

Society's Secret

“I just…It’s a joke. Everything is a joke.” Ahra stated as she leaned back on the lounge chair, she was by the pool in the gardens.

There was a slight rustle at the bushes across her.

“Even if he did offer that position to her, he should have told me sooner.” She muttered darkly as she sat up.

“It doesn’t seem right. It’s not.” She sat up, letting a tear escape.

There was soft growl coming from the bushes before her, a pair of red eyes were staring straight back at her.

“I want to ask Yemin to stay, but that would be too much.” She recited, then a dark shadow loomed over her.

She stretched one hand upward, letting her fingers brush against the russet brown fur, the creature sat down beside her.

“It’s not fair. That seat is mine.” She murmured before standing up and walking towards the house. The wolf stood up and walked towards, Ahra yelped when she felt its moist nose against the back of her neck.

“I know, I’ll lighten up. It’s the weekend.” She said softly, the creature huffed and rushed back towards the back of the house.

 

 

“I met Yemin earlier.” Soojin said with a small smile as she joined the Han patriarch in the dining room.

“Yemin? She’s back?” He looked up, the butler nodded.

“Her things were sent here by young master Oh this afternoon, sir.”

“That’s good then, I hope she can stay for the engagement party.” He smiled.

“Oh? I think Oh Sehun was with them earlier too.” Soojin asked, her brows rose.

“Yeah, Oh Sehun. They’ve been together for quite a while now.”

Soojin’s brows rose briefly.

“Your daughters have good taste, yeobo.” She said kindly.

“My daughters can be a little difficult. I heard Ahra’s been a little…harsh with you lately. Thank you for being so patient with her.” He reached for her hand across the table.

“You never told me much about Yemin. How is she like? Is there anything I should know?” She asked with care.

The male before her shook her head.

“People call Ahra the dragon lady or the ice princess. But Yemin, she’s quite different.”

“Different? She does seem calmer than Ahra.” Soojin fibbed.

“She is. She’s quite subdued, but, you’ll never know what’s going in on her head.” He chuckled before picking up his napkin.

“That’s what I learned when she surprised me and told me that she wanted to move to Jeju for work.”

Soojin nodded and put on a smile.

“Don’t worry, Yemin’s not like Ahra. She wont give you a hard time.”

 

 

Yemin was staring at her hand, she almost jumped when someone placed and ice pack over it.

“It’s starting.” She said quietly.

“I had a feeling about it.” Sehun nodded before tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“He can’t…control his strength.” She murmured as she tried to curl her fingers against the ice pack.

“It might get complicated if something happens at school.” Sehun said as he examined the bruise on her hand, his eyes flashed red for brief moment.

“I know. Someone needs to watch over him.” She said worriedly, Sehun let go of her hand.

“I want to ask you to stay,” He said as he leaned against the counter.

“But that would be greedy of me.” He said with a small smile.

Yemin shook her head.

“It’s okay, you can be greedy.” She said before walking towards him and touching his cheek.

“After what happened earlier, I probably should stay longer.”

“Really?”

“That Jung Soojin really irked me. Like what unnie said, I might as well help her hide the body.” Yemin mused before leaving the kitchen.

 

 

Jisung almost jumped when he opened the door, his second older sister was standing right in front of his room.

“Noona!” She complained.

“Want to go down together?” She asked, Jisung grew amused and got his backpack.

“Why?”

“I don’t think I can be in the same room as unnie and new fiancé.” She said before pulling her sibling with her.

“I’ve been doing it for the past few months, I’m still breathing.” Jisung mused as they headed for the stairs.

“I’m just amazed that she talks to unnie like that. She’s just an outsider.” Yemin said as they reached the house’s first floor.

“Yemin? Jisung?” Ahra’s voice echoed from the dining room, Jisung started to shake his head.

“How bad can this get?”

“Appa took the COO position from her. It will be bad.”

Yemin strode into the dining room.

“I asked the kitchen to prepare your favorite, raspberry croissant.” Ahra said to her, Jisung took his seat.

“You finally decide to come home, Yemin-ah.” Mr. Han said with a smile.

“If I hadn’t things would have gone really bad, abeoji.” She said lightly, Ahra glanced at her with a smirk.

“Yemin, so I hear from your father that you’ve been working in Jeju? At a Woori Bank branch?” Soojin leaned closer to the table.

Yemin looked up from her plate, her eyes went to her father.

“Abeoji, why did you do it?” She asked bluntly, the elder blinked.

“When we were younger, you always told us to help you with the company, and to watch over it, so, why did you hand the COO position to a total stranger?” Yemin asked, her tone polite and measured.

“Yemin-ah, she’s not a str~”

“Aniya, let her talk, abeoji. I’d like to hear what kind of crazy principle this idea came from too.” Ahra spoke, Jisung rushed to finish his sandwich.

Soojin looked away.

“I offered it to her because I know she can handle it.” Mr. Han stated.

“And unnie can’t?” Yemin put her spoon down.

“I’m sure your sister has already told you her side of the story, but dear, you~”

“I can’t accept this. I wont.” Yemin stated, Ahra leaned back on her seat.

“What?” Soojin looked at her, a little confused. Rumors claimed that Yemin was the calm daughter, the reasonable and polite one.

“You can marry her if you want, abeoji. But she stays out of the house.”

The elder halted.

“Han Yemin~”

“You can choose, if she stays, we all leave.”

The room grew silent, the butler stepped out with discretion.

“And you have to remember, appa,”

Ahra started to smile, she looked at Jung Soojin.

“You can always replace wives, but not your children.” Yemin winked at him before standing.

“Han Yemin, stop right there!” Mr. Han snapped, Yemin glanced at him.

“Or, she can stay here,” Yemin crossed her arms as she spoke.

“But give unnie what she wants.”

Jung Soojin looked away and bit her lip.

“What?”

“Oh, I’ll be handing in my resignation to Woori Bank today. Make some room for me in HanShin.” She said before leaving the room.

Jisung shook his head, his sister’s bargaining strategy always did work.

“Yeobo,” Jung Soojin said worriedly. Mr. Han didn’t speak, he just watched as his second child walked away from the table.

 

 

“What did I say? Wrong move, samonim.” Ahra chuckled before following her sister.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++