030

Society's Secret

 

“The wedding?”

Ahra nodded before taking another piece of sushi from Chanyeol’s plate.

“She moved up the date. I don’t know what she’s thinking.” She muttered, Chanyeol frowned.

“Did you read the report I sent you?”

She nodded as she chewed.

“Her husband was found dead at an empty lot just a few miles away from Daegu. It seems..odd.”

Chanyeol nodded before picking up his soda.

“Did…What did Jaehee say?” Ahra asked carefully, Chanyeol scrunched his nose.

“I’d rather not..remember it. She just..just asked me that if I really wanted to lose her.”

“Friends don’t do that.” Ahra murmured.

“I know.”

Ahra bit her lip.

“She told me that if I left you then I’d be better off.” He said as he looked at his meal, Ahra had managed to finish not just her plate but also his, he smiled.

“Like you’d survive.” Ahra snorted.

“Yeah.” Chanyeol chuckled before calling the waiter to order again.

“Can we get another Kani salad?” She asked while leaning forward to brush the bits of food from the side of his lips.

“Of course.” Chanyeol smiled at her before ordering, his eyes went to the waiter, and his eyes narrowed.

“Park Chanyeol.” Ahra said lowly, the other male had been staring at her.

“What did I say about low-cut tops?” Chanyeol muttered before tossing the menu back at the male and waving him away.

Ahra chuckled and just continued eating.

 

 

Ahyeon slid down from the G Class Wagon and turned behind her, Jisung had followed her.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” She asked before approaching the front gate.

“I have a feeling my sisters aren’t.” Jisung shrugged, Ahyeon bit her lip.

“That woman..the other night,” Ahyeon started, Jisung looked at her.

“Remember when we saw Chanyeol oppa in his..wolf form?”

Jisung nodded.

“Well, I think I saw her.”

Jisung froze.

“What?”

“I saw her sneaking into the house, it just looked odd because she didn’t use the front gate. Then she was speaking to someone on her phone, she didn’t even see me as she walked to the garage.”

“No.” Jisung spoke, Ahyeon paused, his eyes had turned red.

“Hey,” She reached for his hand.

“She doesn’t know, does she?”

“She’s not supposed to know.” Jisung replied, then the gates suddenly opened. Ahyeon was quick to pull Jisung behind her.

“Ahyeon-ah?” Her mother was looking at her, then her eyes went to the car and the boy behind her daughter.

Ahyeon panicked.

“What are you~”

“Good afternoon, Mrs. Lee.” Jisung greeted in his usual warm tone as he moved behind Ahyeon, the elder paused and looked at the male.

“I’m Jisung.” Jisung smiled as he approached the lady, Ahyeon balked.

“Oh, what you brings you here, young man?”

“I volunteered to drive Ahyeon home, there’s been a lot of incidents lately.” Jisung nodded, the lady started to smile.

Ahyeon shook her head.

Look at him, sunshine Jisung. But when he loses his temper, sunshine no more.

“That’s..really nice of you, Jisung.” Mrs. Lee patted his shoulder.

“Would you like to join us for some snacks?” She offered, Ahyeon glared at her friend.

“Maybe next time, Mrs. Lee. My sisters are probably waiting for me.”

“Okay, I’ll count on it. Thanks for driving Ahyeon home.”

Jisung nodded and he walked back to Ahyeon, he grinned before raising his fist to her. Ahyeon sighed and bumped her fist with his.

“See ya.” He chuckled before getting inside his car.

Ahyeon just shook her head and walked towards the gate, avoiding her mother’s teasing as she got inside their property.

 

 

Yemin walked in the house, she put her bag on the coffee table and headed straight for the kitchen.

“Noona, you’re early.” Jisung was making himself a sandwich.

“There was nothing much to do in the office.” She shrugged before sitting on one of the stools, Jisung glanced at her briefly.

“Do you want anything? Shall I make you one?” He asked before taking a bite of his creation.

“No, but, can you get me wine?” She asked, he paused before getting her a glass and one of the opened bottles of red wine on the counter.

“So, noona, there’s thing at school.” He started as he took out the letter from school, Yemin nodded as she poured herself a glass.

“And I think it’s better if you and Ahra noona attend than abeoji.”

Yemin picked up the paper as she took a long sip, Jisung’s brows rose.

“It’s tomorrow, are you free?” He asked, Yemin nodded and set the letter down.

“I’ll be there. Thanks for this.” Yemin picked up the bottle and walked away from him. Jisung scratched the back of his head before heading to the study.

Yemin exhaled when she felt her phone ring in her pocket, she took it out.

“Hello?”

“Director,” It was Sehun’s secretary.

“I’ve been trying to reach him since this morning, where is he?”

“Vice president Oh has left for China, he has a few matters to check on there.” The male said uncomfortably.

Yemin paused, she bit her lip before ending the call. She took another sip of her drink before heading to her room.

 

 

Jisung was seated on the front seat as Ahra maneuvered her Audi S5 inside his campus, Yemin was behind them, comfortably seated inside her Aventador.

“What happened, noona? Did they fight?” He asked.

Ahra sighed.

“I think so. I mean, Sehun just left without a word.”

“Is this about Taemin hyung?” Jisung asked as she pulled to a stop.

“It kinda is.” Ahra puffed her cheeks, then she out on her sunglasses, Jisung looked outside, he was a little wary about bringing his sisters to school. They attracted way too much unwanted attention, and a lot of his batch mates would just badger him to introduce them.

“Let’s go, maknae.” Ahra said before sliding down the car, Jisung followed him. Yemin was already walking towards them, in her usual dark jeans, a pale pink wooly sweater and leather boots.

“Lighten up, we’re better companions than appa.” Ahra chuckeld before looping her arm around his and moving forward, Yemin shook her head and followed them.

“Noona,” He groaned, students were already staring at his siblings, Han Ahra was dressed in a pair of denim jeans, a black oversized sweatshirt and Valentino sneakers.

Most students brought their parents with them, which made the two Han girls stand out.

“I guess today we really get to see how you are at school.” Yemin , she started to look around.

“Right,” Jisung spoke, Ahra looked at him.

“What else do you have on Jung Soojin?”

“I expect something afternoon, why? Do you have anything?” Ahra asked, Yemin had paused, she was checking her purse’s contents.

“I think so, I’ll tell you later.” Jisung said, then Ahra looked up, she started to smile and the other male students almost tumbled over.

“Ahyeon-ah!” She waved at the girl.

Yemin took out her phone and opened the message, it was from Sehun.

I won’t be home until the end of the month.

Use your Rover when you need to drive around, I had someone install snow tires before I left.

Dress warmly. –Sehun

Yemin bit her lip and ran her fingers through her hair.

“Yemin noona?” Jisung nudged her, she looked at him, Ahra was already chatting with Ahyeon behind him.

 

“I—I need to go, I’ll..see you at home.” She said before turning away from the group and rushing back to her car.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++