029

Society's Secret

Jisung walked in to the dining hall while twirling his car keys in his fingers, he paused before taking his seat.

“You’re up early.” Mr. Han commented as he sat down, Yemin looked up from her seat.

Jisung glanced at her two siblings, Ahra was strangely quiet while Yemin was just forking her around her pancakes.

“You seem jolly today, Jisung-ah.” Jung Soojin commented, unlike the others, the lady seemed happy.

“Is he not allowed to be?” Ahra hummed before picking up her coffee.

“Ahra,” Mr. Han warned, Jisung looked at his father.

“So, we have an announcement to make.”

Yemin looked up from her plate.

“What is it? Are we finally returning you pet to the pound?” Ahra quipped, Jisung flinched inwardly.

He had a feeling that his sister was going to be difficult to deal with for the rest of the day.

“Do you really want to announce it now?” Jisung muttered.

“We are moving the date!” Mr. Han smiled, Yemin dropped her fork.

“The wedding?” Yemin looked like she was amused.

“That sounds great. Why not cut us all of while you’re at it?” Ahra stood up.

“Ahra, sit down.” Mr. Han snapped at her.

“I’m sorry. I’m not a dog. I don’t follow commands.”

“Dogs?” Soojin spoke, Ahra’s eyes went to her.

“I pegged you more similar to a wolf or..something larger and more powerful.” Soojin said cheerfully before taking a sip of her coffee.

Yemin paused, her brows rose briefly.

“Why move up the wedding?” Yemin spoke.

“Well, Soojin here was right, everything’s ready, the preparations have been long completed. So, why wait for two more weeks, right?”

Jisung’s brows met. Ahra just shook her head and left.

“Right.” Yemin nodded before standing up and leaving the room.

 

 

“Why can’t you just tell him?” Kris asked, Yemin put down the pen she was toying with.

“It’s embarrassing,” She muttered as she turned her seat around to face the windows.

“Do you really have to leave?”

“Filming’s done and I have other stuff to do back home.” Kris said to her.

“I just…I don’t know. He’s not answering my calls.”

“You have to stop making Sehun think that Taemin is a weakness.”

“It’s not. He’s not.” Yemin stood up to sit down beside him.

“You’re different with him. I can see that.”

Yemin exhaled.

“I was there, when..when you were still with him.”

Yemin looked away and crossed her arms.

“He really did love you, Min. And I know you loved him back. But you can’t choose how it ends, you had no control over it.”

“It was my fault. Up till now, it makes me feel dirty.”

“Yemin, it’s a wolf thing.”

“I’m not male, Kris. It’s not supposed to happen.”

“How does that explain Ahra and Chanyeol then? They’ve been friends since they were kids.”

“It’s different.”

“It’s not. They were both seniors that time, remember? Ahra suddenly changed the way she saw him. And things just…settled into place.”

“I love him.” Yemin said softly.

“That’s why you should tell him the truth.”

 

 

Jisung’s brows were furrowed as he tossed the rock against the brick wall. A small indentation appeared on the wall.

“You seem to be in a bad mood.”

He looked up, Ahyeon was standing at the other end of the wall, she had a small smile on her face as she uncrossed her arms.

“How would you feel about crashing a wedding?” Jisung said to her as he waved her over.

“Whose?”

“My father’s.”

Ahyeon paused as she reached him.

“Well, your father has been really nice to me…” She hesitated, Jisung grinned at her.

“Are you free this weekend?” He asked her.

“Is the wedding this weekend?” Ahyeon winced, Jisung chuckled before lifting her off the ground and placing her on the bench near them.

“It’s slippery down here.” He commented before setting her down.

Ahyeon paused, she just looked at him as he sat down beside her, she bit her lip.

“No, the wedding isn’t this weekend. Let’s just go out.” He shrugged at her.

“I guess..I’m free.” She smiled back, then she took out the note from her pocket.

“So, I’m guessing your father isn’t coming to this school thing? Are you bringing your sisters instead?” She spoke.

“We’re still crashing that wedding. It’s next week.” Jisung chuckled and kissed the side of her head before standing up.

Ahyeon halted, her eyes widened.

“Come on, let’s get to class.” Jisung extended one hand to her, Ahyeon blinked back at him.

“Ahyeon, let’s go.” He mused before pulling her with him instead.

 

 

Ahra slammed both of her palms on the table, the three managing directors panicked.

“How long has this been delayed?” She asked softly.

“But, director~”

“I gave you two weeks last month to finish this. And the new year is about to start and you still haven’t finalized anything?”

“There’s been a lot of constraints, ma’am. We have been trying to work with the R and D center but~”

“Did I ask for excuses?”

The room had gone eerily quiet, Ahra’s secretary tensed on his seat and looked at his boss.

“We’re sorry, director. We’ll have it submitted this afternoon.” One of the managers bowed.

“You have two hours.” Ahra stood up and left the room, she exhaled as she heard the doors closed behind her.

“They moved the wedding. Next week.” She spoke, her secretary nodded.

“What do you want me to do, director?”

“I want to find out how her husband died. And I want the truth. I’m not buying the police report.”

“An animal attack?” He asked her. She nodded.

“I need to know.” She said then her phone pinged, she looked at the screen and exhaled.

“He’s been waiting since this morning, director.” Her secretary spoke carefully, Ahra bit her lip.

“I’ll be off for lunch.” She said before walking towards the elevator. She got inside the machined and stared at the screen.

The doors pinged open and she stepped out, there he was standing in the middle of the lobby, looking confused and worried.

“Ahra,” He was looking at her, she just started to shake her head before walking towards him.

“I just spoke with Jaehee earlier, I didn’t know..that she has been..taunting you ever since. She told me that…she..she didn’t wantme to be with you."

Ahra didn’t speak, she just gave him a small shrug.

“Ahra, I’m sorry, I thought you and her got along~” He paused when Ahra just wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face on his chest.

“I know, I know. You were clueless, I kept it from you.” She murmured before closing her eyes. Chanyeol frowned before wrapping one arm around her carefully.

“Did something happen? Are you okay?” He asked softly, not minding the employees who glanced at them as they passed by.

“Is it work? Did Jung Soojin bother you again?”

Ahra didn’t reply she just pressed her nose against his shirt.

“It’s alright, Ahra. Everything’s going to be okay.” He murmured before kissing the top of her head.

“Can..we get food? I didn’t eat yet.” She said in a small voice as she pulled away to meet his gaze.

“Of course, I’ll go get the car.” He smiled before pressing his lips against hers and walking to the doors.

Ahra smiled back at him and just wrapped her arms around herself before walking to revolving doors.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++