031

Society's Secret

 

Ahra was listening as the school’s prefect spoke, Jisung was seated beside her.

“Is hyung coming over?” He asked her softly.

“Yeah, do you guys wanna grab lunch or something? Let’s ask Ahyeon and her mother to join us.” She grinned at him.

“Noona, don’t~”

Ahra was already speaking with Mrs. Lee beside her, Jisung shook his head. Ahyeon just scrunched her nose and looked at the two ladies.

Soon the program ended, Ahra had stepped away from the group to take a call.

“Your sister’s…very sociable.” Ahyeon made a face, Jisung chuckled and just righted the lapel of her coat.

“We’re just all avoiding going home. Jung Soojin’s having this meeting with the event planners in the living room.”

“You’re really letting it happen?” Ahyeon was surprised.

“I don’t know, it seems like Ahra noona has something planned. Yemin noona…she’s..distracted.”

“So, we good to go?” Ahra walked to them.

“Ahra invited us to join them for lunch.” Mrs. Lee smiled. Ahyeon made a face at Jisung again, Ahra chuckled.

“Chanyeol’s joining us later. Let’s go, auntie Lee, how about you ride with me? Jisung can drive Ahyeon.” Ahra suggested, Jisung balked at his sister but the elder nodded.

“I guess we should let the two kids go then.” She nodded before Ahra looped her arm around the lady’s.

“You can thank me later.” Ahra winked at her brother before walking away.

 

 

Yemin’s fingers circled around her cup of coffee as she waited inside the ice cream shop.

She wanted to meet him at a very open space, and the only place she saw was the Baskin Robbins a few blocks away from Jisung’s school.

“Is this urgent?” Taemin approached her table, she looked up and nodded.

“I..have something to discuss with you, oppa.”

Taemin nodded and leaned back on his seat, she could see how he was also a little uncomfortable.

“Yemin-ah, about what happened, it was just~”

“I’m handing over the project to Ahra unnie next week. She’ll be working with you instead.” She stated.

Taemin’s brows met briefly, but he nodded back.

“And, I’m sorry for what I did before.”

“Yemin~”

“You’ve been asking me, what happened. What really went wrong. Why did I do that.” She met his gaze evenly.

“Things just fell apart, oppa. We both had no control over that.”

Taemin looked away.

“You have to let me go now.” Yemin said, Taemin faced her.

“Yemin, I came back for you. Whatever you did, I forgive you.”

“No, you don’t get it. I wanted you to leave me, because I was so close to cheating on you. In fact, I think I did cheat on you when we were still together.”

Taemin halted.

“I met him while you were away for a business trip. I don’t know how it happened, but when I heard you were flying back..I didn’t want you to.”

“Yemin-ah,”

“They say it’s a wolf thing, I guess it is. I don’t know. But, oppa. Please, let me go.” Yemin bit her lip, her tears gathering in her eyes.

“You should be hating me instead. Not wanting me back.” She said before standing up.

“Yemin, we can still~”

“I love him.” She stated before leaving the shop, Taemin let out a shaky breath before closing his eyes.

 

 

“So you have another sister?” Mrs. Lee asked.

“Yes, Yemin was with us earlier, but something urgent came up, she had to leave.” Ahra replied good-naturedly.

Ahyeon just continued to eat, then she saw Chanyeol walking towards them.

“Oh, hyung.” Jisung waved him over, Chanyeol smiled before kissing Ahra’s cheek and sitting down. Mrs. Lee’s eyes lit up as soon as he saw the newcomer.

“Eomma, this is Chanyeol oppa, Ahra unnie’s boyfriend.” Ahyeon spoke.

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Lee.” Chanyeol smiled.

“I don’t see Yemin.” He spoke.

“She just bolted off, I’m worried, she’s not answering my calls.” Ahra said under her breath. Chanyeol nodded before taking some salad.

“How was the school event?” He asked.

“It was no fun, hyung. No need to talk about it. But, noona was so adamant to drag us all here.” Jisung pointed out, Ahyeon chuckled.

“I hear that it’s been a troublesome year at school, a lot of fights broke out between students.” Mrs. Lee said in concern, Jisung stilled.

Ahyeon grew amused.

“One child even got tossed against a wall. Some said that someone paid the school to keep it a secret. I saw the wall myself earlier,” Mrs. Lee paused before setting her utensils down.

“There really was a dent?” Chanyeol spoke, Jisung glared at him. Ahra chuckled.

“It looked like they fixed it. It must be true then.” Mrs. Lee nodded.

“Aigoo, high school kids can get so rowdy. It’s scary.” Ahra frowned, she saw how Ahyeon grinned at Jisung across the table.

“Not all fights are wrong though, auntie.” Jisung cleared his throat.

“Heol.” Chanyeol chuckled.

 

 

Yemin walked in the garage and puffed her cheeks as she reached her Range Rover. She leaned back as she examined the tires.

“You can’t do this to me.” She murmured before turning away from the vehicle. She closed her eyes briefly before heading the door that connected the garage to the kitchen.

Yemin was about to head straight to the study when she saw a device on the counter.

Jung Soojin’s phone.

She bit her lip before crossing the hall and picking it up, she stared at the screen before swiping on it.

“You think you’re so smart, huh?”

Yemin stilled. Jung Soojin appeared from behind the door and walked towards her.

“You’re hiding something.” Yemin spoke, she was about to move but Jung Soojin took out something from her back.

Yemin’s eyes widened as the woman before pointed a pistol right at her face.

“I’m not the only one with a secret.” She mused.

“What are you doing?” Yemin asked her, her eyes were on the gun.

“Open it. Check my images.” Soojin smirked at her, she cocked the gun twice. Yemin looked at the screen, then she halted.

“You have such nice pets, Yemin-ah. Your brother too, with his white fur and red eyes.”

Yemin looked up.

“What are you~”

Jung Soojin closed the space between them, Yemin felt the lady’s fingers clasp around her neck, her acrylic nails dug on her skin.

“Go ahead, try messing up with my wedding, and I’ll reveal it to the whole world about your brother being a werewolf.”

“You wouldn’t dare~” Yemin winced when she pressed the pistol against her head.

“Oh, I would.” Soojin hissed at her, Yemin swallowed.

“Even your love, Oh Sehun, isn’t he one too? And that Park heir.”

“You don’t know what you’re doing.” She replied, Soojin cackled.

“Are you threatening me now? Are you going to ask them to kill me just like how they did to my late husband?” She shot back.

Yemin stood her ground, Soojin’s grip on her neck tightened.

“So, if I were you,”

Yemin felt blood trickle down from the side of her neck.

“I’d shut my mouth before I destroy not just this family, but everyone dear to you.” Soojin let go of her and put the gun away.

Yemin was gasping for air as she pulled back.

 

“See you at the wedding then, Yemin-ah.” Soojin blew her a kiss before going up to her room.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++