008

Society's Secret

Yemin checked her reflection again, she was wearing a sweetheart neckline tube gown in the shade of cream and gold.

“What’s bothering you? Well, besides the obvious.” Sehun said as he walked up behind her and leaned his chin on her bare shoulder.

“It never occurred to me till now, does Jung Soojin now about this secret?” She asked him, Sehun’s brows went up briefly.

“Wolves.” She finished.

“We all know it can’t get out, it will be trouble. if something~”

“Hey, hey,” Sehun made her face him.

“I doubt she does, and I don’t think your father would ever share that kind of information.” Sehun reasoned, his tone soft and reassuring. Yemin was the only person who spoke that way to.

Ice prince Oh Sehun rarely had patience for strangers or other people. But with Yemin, it was different. And everyone knew.

“It’s fine. Jisung’s safe.” He said to her.

“I still don’t get why I have to attend this party. Is it not obvious that I’m against this union?” She asked, distracted by the diamond hanging around her neck.

Sehun smiled and just picked up his coat.

“Come on, its’ time we go down. Your father might start thinking we’re doing something inappropriate here.”

“Sehun, you’ve been to my room a thousand~”

Sehun just yanked her by the waist and kissed her.

“Exactly, that’s why we’re going down.” He chuckled, his eyes flashed a bright red before pulling her out of the room.

They reached the garden, and guests were already crowding around the new couple, Yemin exhaled.

“Good luck.” Sehun said before going towards where Chanyeol and Jisung were standing, people grew silent when the new director entered the party.

“Yemin, we were just congratulating your father on his engagement.” A family friend greeted her.

“Yes, thank you for coming, auntie. It has been a while.”

“Yes, yes. News of your entrance to HanShin has spread all over. I’m so proud of you.”

Yemin nodded politely, she walked around the party, greeting old faces and some new friends of her father.

Her eyes went to Jung Soojin and her father, they had taken the table in the middle of the party, and they were enjoying some champagne.

Her brows met briefly.

“Miss Han, right? I mean, director Han.”

She turned behind her, three males in pressed suits were smiling at her.

“It’s starting.” Chanyeol mused from their table, Sehun looked up.

“They see her are as fresh meat. I mean, if you want to approach the family, there’s another daughter.” Ahra mused, Sehun shook his head.

Three males had approached Yemin, they all had their eyes glued on her.

“Not everyone knows the existence of a certain Lotte Holdings’ young master in her life.” Jisung chuckled before picking up a mini sandwich off his plate.

“You know her; she’ll just brush them off without knowing anything.” Sehun leaned back on his seat.

“You’ll probably still growl at them or something later, knowing you.” Ahra mused before leaving her seat and making her way to the platform.

Yemin nodded again.

“Well, yeah. I just started.”

“Then, how about we meet up next week? There’s this new café a few meters away from your office.” One male offered.

“Uhm, maybe I’ll try to go. It’s been really hectic for me.”

“Come on, miss Han. Its just a small gathering among friends our age. Besides, we know you’re still single.” One and slowly reached for cheek.

“You’re single? I didn’t know.”

The males glanced behind them, Sehun smirked at Yemin.

“Hey, Sehun-ah,” One male paused.

“Well? So far so good?” Sehun chirped before leaning over to kiss her cheek, the three males halted and started to back away.

“You need a cactus or something?” He offered.

“How childish.” Yemin muttered before walking to their table, Sehun smiled and just placed one hand on her back, just like how a wolf would mark its territory; he glanced at the three males briefly before pulling the chair for her.

 

 

The guests grew quiet as Jung Soojin stood on the platform, food was just being served as she spoke.

“I’d like to thank everyone who came here to celebrate with us,” She smiled.

“I know news about our sudden engagement took everyone by surprise, but we just couldn’t wait until to announce it to everyone.”

Ahra met her brother’s gaze, Jisung just shook his head at her.

“Should we duck and cover?” Yemin whispered as she leaned against him, Jisung just hid his face in her hair.

“I also understand that there’s been a lot of confusion in the company, the board grew confused, and for that, I am sorry, directors.”

Mr. Han nodded in his seat.

“Ahra is now HanShin Group’s new COO and I have come back to my previous position.” She stated.

“Well, that’s what parents must do, right? Give everything what their children want. Yemin’s also director of HanShin Global now.” She nodded along.

“If this goes on, HanShin may soon be accused of nepotism, right?”

The party grew eerily silent. Before Soojin could continue, Ahra stepped up and took the microphone from the stand.

“Well, the show must go on,” She said in a happy tone, she put her hands together.

“While my father’s new..accessory has a point, why should her opinion matter, right?” She chuckled.

The crowd laughed carefully.

“Han Ahra!” Mr. Han stood up.

“She’s not even a Han yet. And here she is, trying to put so much shade on me and my siblings. But don’t worry, my sister and I can run the company perfectly, with or without our father’s new toy, right sweetie?” Ahra glanced at Soojin briefly before going down the steps.

 

 

Jisung let out a shaky breath as he pressed his palm against his chest.

“If this goes on, HanShin may soon be accused of nepotism, right?”

“Well, the show must go on,”

He felt cold sweat run down his back.

“While my father’s new..accessory has a point, why should her opinion matter, right?” She chuckled.

“Hey, are you okay?” Sehun asked him,he felt Chanyeol’s gaze on him.

“I’m okay, hyung.” He replied, then he looked up. Ahra had had left the stage, Jisung saw Jung Soojin going after him.

‘’Ya, Han Ahra!”

Jisung blinked, he could hear them talking even from meters away and the music playing in the garden.

“I said stop.” Jung Soojin snapped at her, then he saw her grab the tail of his sister’s gown, Ahra almost tumbled down. She yanked her gown away and started to walk forward.

“I’m still talking, you brat.” Jung Soojin hissed, Chanyeol was about to stand when he noticed that Jisung’s seat was empty.

“What~” Ahra was cut off when Jisung suddenly appeared between them, his back was facing her as he spoke.

Or growled.

“Stop bothering my sisters.” He hissed, Ahra could see how his fingers were trembling.

“Jisung-ah, I was just~” Soojin started to back away.

“Back off.” Jisung barked, he was about to move forward when a hand pulled him back, Sehun was quick to pull Ahra behind him as Chanyeol faced the youngest Han.

“Jisung-ah, take deep breaths.” Chanyeol spoke, Ahra’s eyes went to Soojin, she looked frightened. She rushed back to the house.

“Noona, let’s go back to our table.” Sehun nudged her, she nodded and watched as Chanyeol pulled Jisung away from the crowd.

 

 

Yemin stepped out of the comfort room and headed straight back to the party.

She paused when she saw Chanyeol pulling Jisung with him to the garage, her eyes went to the party again.

Jung Soojin looked like she was crying in her father’s arms.

“What happened? Wedding jitters?” She muttered under her breath as she started to move forward, she noticed Ahra and Sehun speaking to each other quietly.

“Did something happen?”

Then she yelped when her heel got stuck in the grass. Yemin groaned as she started to hop back to her fallen Manolo Blahnik.

“Still a little bit of careless and a dash of beautiful.” A masculine voice made her halt, a pair of hands lifted her shoe off the ground.

“O—ppa,” She stuttered, he smiled as he walked towards her and knelt down.

“You don’t need~”

He just pulled her hand and place it on his shoulder to prevent her from falling as he strapped her shoe back.

 

 

“It’s good to see you again, Yemin-ah.” He said as he stood up to meet her gaze, Yemin opened to speak, but he just kissed her cheek before walking straight to the party.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++