023

Society's Secret

“Felix, please.” Ahra murmured as she walked towards the wolves, she could feel Jisung’s gaze on her as she stood in the middle of both groups.

“You guys better leave now. Hide and shift back.” Ahra stated calmly, the four dark colored wolves were looking at her and hissing.

Hyunjin growled back, the hackles on his back rising.

“Hyunjin-ah.” Sehun warned walked towards him and started pushing the young wolf back. Jisung’s eyes went to Kris’s retreating car, there was a slow rumble coming from his throat before he started to run.

Ahra exhaled, she looked at Felix briefly.

“He might need some help.” She stated, the brown wolf nodded and bounded away, following his friend.

Hyunjin hissed at Sehun before leaping over the older male, then he started to run after Felix and Jisung.

“You boys should leave too, people might see you. And it’s not safe.” Ahra said calmly, the four wolves had its eyes on her.

“Jisung would totally rock violet and blue streaks.” Yemin was grinning as she padded towards Sehun, she glanced at the wolves briefly and went back to checking on her phone again.

Sehun sighed and just grabbed her by the waist and started to pull her away.

“Noona, we better~”

Then one of the wolves leapt towards Ahra, the girl yelped as the creature pushed her towards the wall.

Yemin dropped her phone as she looked at her sister, Ahra was wincing as he leaned on the brick wall, the wolf’s jagged teeth just inches above her head.

Sehun stilled he pushed Yemin behind him.

“S—Sehun, you have~” Yemin’s eyes widened as the wolf started to growl at her menacingly.

“Unnie!”

Ahra was staring at the wolf with fear, she wanted to push it back, but she knew it would be pointless.

Sehun was about to take off his coat when a flash of brown made him halt, then it all happened so fast.

The unknown wolf was literally thrown up in the air, it yelped as it landed on the concrete floor with a loud thud.

“Oppa’s here, and he doesn’t look like he’s in a good mood.” Yemin muttered, Sehun exhaled. Chanyeol was larger than the other wolves, he was growling at them as he moved forward, challenging them to fight.

“Jesus take the wheel.” Yemin murmured to herself.

 

 

Ahyeon looked at her shaking fingers before pushing the front doors open, she could hear Kris walking behind her.

She just found out that he was one of them too.

Red eyes.

Wolves.

She swallowed before entering the house. She was about to run for the staircase when she heard a feminine voice coming from the living room, her brows met briefly.

Surely, the house was empty and it didn’t sound like the infamous Jung Soojin.

Ahyeon walked towards the living room, there was a lady seated on one of the couches, she was dressed in a pair of light denim jeans, a pair of Gucci mules and a white structured blouse, her black hair was tied in a bun.

She blinked, there was something familiar about the way the lady moved as she spoke to the butler.

“Oh, Miss Ahyeon,” The butler acknowledged her, Ahyeon blinked back as the lady faced her, she halted.

“So, this must be Jisung’s friend? Hello, come join me for tea.” She said as she waved her over.

“Miss Ahyeon, this is Mrs. H~ The previous Mrs. Han, I suppose.” The butler scrunched his nose, but the woman just chuckled.

“I’m Jisung’s mother, I’m sure you’ve met my daughthers. I heard Yemin was the one who dragged you here.” She said as Ahyeon sat across her.

“Ah, y—yes, ma’am.”

“Just call me aunt.” She said before pushing a cup of warm tea towards her.

“It’s surprising not seeing them at home, where are they?” The lady spoke.

“Ahra and Yemin unnie are probably~” Ahyeon was cut off when Jung Soojin strolled into the room, her eyes were on the woman before her.

Ahyeon glanced behind her and saw Kris slowly backing away, he grinned at her before heading to his room, she sighed.

“I didn’t know you were visiting.” Jung Soojin said before taking a seat.

“I didn’t know we knew each other.” The previous Mrs. Han replied, Ahyeon bit her lip.

“I decided to come by because I heard some stuff that bothered me.” She added, Jung Soojin crossed her arms.

“I heard my ex-husband’s new..girl was giving my children a hard time. So I came by to check on them.”

Jung Soojin shook her head, Ahyeon didn’t miss how the she scoffed.

“They’re not here yet. Maybe you should come back later.” Soojin raised one brow at her. Ahyeon’s eyes went to the other woman.

“Hmm, you do have a point.” The woman smiled, Ahyeon just took a sip of her tea.

The aura the Hans’ siblings mother had was somehow similar to Ahra, and it made her a little worried for Jung Soojin.

“But I don’t want to adjust to you, you’re not the lady of this house yet. It’s still my daughter, Ahra. The one you so conveniently kicked out.”

 

 

Jisung was panting as he leaned against the tree, Felix was chuckling as he put on his jacket.

“Feels great, huh?” Hyunjin said before tossing a pair of sneakers to him.

“My joints feel sore.” Jisung murmured before putting on his shoes, he pulled his beanie lower and looked around. They were at some park in the city, totally secluded and away from prying eyes.

“So, it is Ahyeon.” Hyunjin teased, Felix grinned.

“How long have you two known? About…all these,” Jisung stood straightly.

“About a year now…thing started to change for me, I grew..more irritable and jumpy. Then one day, bam! Wolf.” Felix shrugged at him, Jisung bit his lip.

“We need to get home. Come on,” Hyunjin nudged him, Felix followed his two friends.

“Do you know those guys?” He asked.

“They looked familiar. Why?”

“I just don’t understand why…people like to target Ahyeon so much. Even at our own school.” Jisung murmured, then his two friends halted abruptly.

“What~”

A large russet brown wolf was standing before them, he was larger and broader. Jisung panicked, but he noticed that the wolf had something in his mouth.

“Hyung,” Hyunjin greeted.

“H—hyung?” Jisung blinked.

“Chanyeol hyung.” Felix nodded, Jisung stared at the wolf again, he padded towards him and dropped something on the grass.

Jisung leaned over and realized it was his phone.

“Thanks, hyung.” Jisung said, the wolf just shook his head at him before disappearing again. Jisung checked his phone and opened his messages.

“Oh no.” He breathed.

“Wae?” Felix walked to him.

“Eomma’s home.”

 

 

The wolves started yelp and step back, then the one Chanyeol had tossed stood up, it was limping as it followed his friends who were already running away.

Chanyeol bared his teeth as his red eyes went to Sehun.

“They were kids, hyung.” Sehun rolled his eyes, he just sniffed before facing Ahra again.

“I have extra clothes in the car. I’ll meet you there.” She touched his nose briefly, the wolf grumbled before pressing its head against her palm.

“Bye, Wolf Yeol.” Yemin waved at him as the wolf ran away from them, Ahra exhaled and shook her head.

“I cannot believe this.” She muttered as Sehun helped her walk to the car, Yemin was skipping happily behind them, obviously thrilled with the discovery of a white wolf.

Ahra leaned against the car as they waited, he walked towards Yemin and just squeezed her hand.

“He might need help. I mean, if Jisung shifted~”

“I know. I hope he shifts back without a problem.” She muttered, she bit her lip and looked around.

  1. probably saw everything.” Ahra added, Yemin frowned.

“You have to talk to her, Kris hyung drove her home.” Sehun said.

“Yeah, I’ll call~” Yemin was just about to dial his number when her phone started to ring.

“It’s the house.” She blinked at the screen.

“Jisung didn’t come home still in his wolf form right?” Ahra asked worriedly.

“A giant Samoyed.” Yemin chuckled, Ahra just glared at her. Sehun grew amused.

“Yemin, I swear to~”

“Okay, okay,” Yemin rolled her eyes before sliding the green icon across the screen.

“Yes, ahjussi? We’re just on~ What?!” Yemin paled, her eyes wide.

Sehun started to chuckle, Ahra looked at him questioningly.

“Y—Yes, we’ll be right there.” Yemin ended the call.

“Wae? Did Jisung really come home in his wolf~”

“Eomma. Eomma’s at the house now.”

“Oh no.” Ahra muttered as she stood up, Yemin just opened the car’s door for her.

“And Jung Soojin’s there too. We can’t let Ahyeon go to war alone.” Yemin murmured as Sehun started the engine, Ahra leaned back on her seat.

“You’re more worried about your mom coming home than Jisung shifting in broad daylight.” Sehun mused.

 

 

“Of course.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++