034

Society's Secret

 

Ahra leaned against the podium with a pleased smile, Jung Soojin was trying to hold back tears as the wolves surrounded her.

“Han Ahra!” She heard her father speak.

“This would never have become big, appa, if only you spared time to hear us out.”

“Ahra,” Chanyeol said softly, Ahra exhaled and dropped the mic.

“S—Stop,” Jung Soojin sobbed, Yemin crossed the hall, she walked by the wolves without fear and met the crying lady face to face.

“You told me to enjoy myself at the wedding,” Yemin spoke with a smile.

“So, why are you crying?” She finished, she could feel Sehun standing behind her, guarding.

“Y—Yemin, no, you don’t understand, they killed my~”

“Your husband worked for the Kims, right?” Yemin spoke, she glanced over her shoulder just a light gray wolf tilted its head.

Ahra started to step back, Chanyeol gently took her hand.

“He worked as a chauffeur for one of the sons. He was one of the Kim elder’s trusted men.” Yemin continued, Soojin looked away.

“But, it was discovered that he had been stealing from the family.”

Yemin saw her father pause, he took a step back as other guests moved backwards.

“The family was willing to let it go, but..but your husband tried to..he threatened one of the sons, he told them that he would tell the world about the family secret.”

“Wolves.” Yemin stated, she felt Sehun press his nose against the back of her head briefly.

It was a warning.

Sehun wanted her to leave with the room so he could proceed. Yemin glanced behind her briefly, her eyes meeting his red ones for a brief moment, the wolf exhaled and took one step back.

“He kept on taunting this son, until he shifted in front of him. Just like you, he threatened the young wolf with a gun. He shot him too, twice.”

The wolves seethed behind her.

“He had no choice but to defend himself. He bit him. Your husband died to blood loss.” Yemin explained.

“See? You’re a family of killers. C—Creatures like you shouldn’t exist~”

“Your husband also a young girl.” Yemin finished, the woman before her froze.

“That girl..is the girlfriend of the Kim heir who killed your husband. I have proof for that.” Yemin met her gaze evenly.

“Now, let that sink in.” She stated before turning away from the woman, Sehun followed her as she walked away.

 

 

“That was..intense.” Chanyeol commented as they stepped out of the hospital.

“What did I say? Yemin’s an evil genius.” Ahra shrugged and crossed her arms, Yeol smled before wrapping one arm around her.

“Jisung shifted.”

“It’s understandable, she had Yemin on gunpoint.”

“And she had to do all that quietly without Sehun’s presence. That must have been something.” Ahra said just as Chanyeol’s car was being brought around.

“You’ve always been very supportive of him with your sister.”

Ahra smiled and shook her head.

“He completes her. I can see it.”

Chanyeol nodded and opened the car’s door for her.

“Tonight was really stressing; can we eat out?” She asked him.

“Of course.” He chuckled deeply before pressing his lips against hers, Ahra smiled before hugging him.

“I’m glad you’re here, Yeol.” She whispered.

“I know. Me too.” He kissed the top of her head before gesturing for her to get in the car.

“Fried chicken?” Ahra asked as she got in.

“I call dibs on the drumsticks.” He laughed before closing the door.

 

 

Jisung was nursing a slight headache as he headed to his car, he was about to get inside when his phone started to ring.

“Ahyeon-ah,”

“I’m just calling to ask if you still need some help with the wedding crashing,” She asked playfully, Jisung smiled before leaning against his car.

“Nope, Yemin noona did it perfectly.”

“Oh, is that a good thing? You don’t sound so good.” She asked.

“I’m okay, we just..had a bit of a wolf situation. But it’s all good now.”

He could almost see her smile from the other line.

“Then, do you want to go out tonight?” He asked.

“That’s why I called, I left my textbooks at school. I was wondering if you can accompany me.”

“Are we ghost hunting?” He chuckled.

“Exactly, that’s why I chose to call you. You’re a werewolf, ghosts would freak out when they see you.” She teased, Jisung nodded.

“Arasso, I’ll come pick you up in a few.”

“Okay, see you. Drive safely, Han Jisung.”

Jisung put his phone down before getting inside his car, then he saw his father being ushered to his waiting Rolls Royce. Jung Soojin was chasing after him, crying. But the car just drove away.

“She played a game she could never win.”

 

 

Yemin stood by the pool, she was ignoring the cold as she read the documents on her hand. Jung Soojin’s late husband had ually harassed the girl, but it took her time to open up to her boyfriend. And when he found out, the wolf inside him had gone wild.

He couldn’t control it.

Yemin bit her lip.

“I thought we spoke about you dressing warmly. Layers.”

She glanced behind her just as Sehun wrapped his arms her, she felt his warmth engulf her in seconds.

“I don’t need to with you being around.” She said, he chuckled before leaning chin on the the crown of her head.

“How did you get all that? About the Kims?”

“Connections.” She shrugged, Sehun nodded and pulled her closer to him.

“I’m sorry for letting you do all that alone.” He said quietly

“Aniya, I deserved it. I was being a jerk to you.” She replied.

“I still shouldn’t have left you.” Shuen stated, Yemin didn’t reply, she just stared at the pool.

“I’m proud of you, you controlled yourself. For a moment back there, I was worried you’d really pounce on her.”

Sehun dropped his arms to face her.

“And, the reason why I couldn’t tell you about..Taemin..because, it’s embarrassing. I mean, I kind of cheated on him to be with you. And I don’t want you to think that..I just don’t want to jinx myself. What if some prettier woman appears and the same thing happens to me?”

Sehun grew amused.

“I don’t know, but now you already now everything so~”

“You don’t know, huh?” Sehun spoke, Yemin blinked, he was grinning.

“Now’s not the time to laugh~”

“For us wolves its different too.”

She paused.

“We only get attached to one person. Her scent. Well in my case, orange blossom with a tint of jasmine.”

“Huh?” Yemin tilted her head, Sehun smiled before kissing the side of her lips briefly.

“Your scent. I’m kind of tied to it. I’m tied to you.” He whispered before pulling away.

“Se—Sehun~”

 

“I love you, Han Yemin. You know that.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++