Wake up

Idol War

Jungkook wakes up to the feeling of his whole body being shook. 

He opens his eyes, seeing nothing but wood underneath him. 

Jungkook quickly lifts his head when he realizes where he is, sitting at a table, the scent of breakfast distinctively close to his nose. When he looks next to him, there's a cold plate of food that does not appeal to him one bit.

"Jungkook-ah how could you fall asleep like that?" Hoseok bugs as Jungkook rubs his eyes, looking around to see the restaurent a little more full. And his table empty, except for Hoseok sitting next to him, stuffing his face with food.

"Wh..what time is it?" Jungkook's voice is croaky and his neck hurts badly, probably from the uncomfortable position he fell alseep in. However he's not even sure how he fell asleep like that.

"It's 10:30pm. I woke up late." Hoseok laughs, stuffing his face with scrambled eggs. Jungkook looks in front of him at the empty seat, wondering where the others went. 

He slept for almost 2 full hours. 

And the last thing Jungkook remembers before blacking out was the strange smirk on Taehyung's face. Right before Jungkook was about to confront him. 

"Hoseok hyung."

Hoseok pauses with a mouth full of food as he looks to his friend.

"Yes."

"Have you noticed anything...weird about any of the members?" Jungkook asks the boy, hoping for him to spill something.

"Oh, funny you'd ask, I actually have! Jin hyung is always on the phone with Namjoon, talking to him more than a competitor should. Yoongi is saved as August D on Taehyung's phone and I have no clue why! Oh and Jimin went to Yoongi's room last night instead of going to his own. I don't know how he didn't get in trouble!" Hoseok goes on and on until Jungkook has to tell the boy to shut up.

"Hoseok, what I really meant was have you heard or seen anything weird about Taehyung?" Jungkook says.

"Yes I just told you, how August D was-"

"Ah nevermind hyung. Thanks." Jungkook sighs, pushing himself up from the table and grabbing his plate.

"Catch you later, I'm going to shower." Jungkook waves to Hoseok before throwing out his cold food and heading out of the room to the elevator.

~

The day goes by slowly for Jungkook as he's too tired to focus on all the different floors and rooms he's suppose to be keeping track of. 

Him and the other members just finished their tour of studio B- the studio they use to practise in. Namjoon had explained to them that they'd be practising tomorrow, after picking their song of course. 

Each competitor gets a slate of 2 hours in the studio with Namjoon, just so they can go over the basics of the performance. 

Jungkook had been thinking about it all day, trying to figure out what song he could sing. He's not that creative when it comes to finding new songs so Jungkook decides to stick with more Big Bang. He decides on the song Haru Haru.

~

Hoseok asks Jungkook to come to his room but the younger boy declines the offer.

It's already 11:30pm and Jungkook can barely keep his eyes open while changing into pyjamas. 

Hoseok tells him he's with the rest of the members, hanging out in Jimin's room. Jungkook doesn't want to miss out, however he knows if he doesn't sleep, his practise tomorrow won't go so well. The actual performance is a week from now, which is also the first elimination. 

And Jungkook has a feeling this week he's going to have to watch his back. So if that means avoiding all the members for a few days, then he's fine with it. 

Jungkook shuts his phone off after getting multiple complaints from Hoseok. He tucks into his bed, shutting off the lamp beside his head before pulling the blankets over his head. 

Jungkook closes his eyes, feeling himself already falling asleep. 

He begins to dream, falling into deep, deep sleep. His mind fills with the soft sound of the air blowing outside, and the fall leafs scraping across the ground. It's calming and Jungkook feels conplelty relaxed for the first time-when his phone loudly starts to ring beside his head.

Jungkook is startled awake, abruptly looking to his phone beside his head where the screen is lit up.

An unknown number is calling him and Jungkook is unsure what to do. He scrunches up his face while sitting up in his bed, phone still ringing loudly in his hand. He'd rather just answer it and tell the mysterious person that it's the wrong number.

"Hello? Wrong number." Jungkook groans, not in the mood to be patient.

"Jungkook? It's me, Taehyung." A deep voice answers from the other end, causing Jungkook's nerves to build out of nowhere. 

"..oh.. why'd you call? How'd you get my number?" Jungkook asks, rubbing his eyes.

"Hoseok hyung gave it to me. I just wanted to confirm that it was you." Taehyung says, and next thing Jungkook knows, the phone is being hung up. 

"Hello?" Jungkook tries, but realizes Taehyung really did hang up. Jungkook looks at his phone to make sure the boy doesn't call again. And he doesn't.

As confused as Jungkook is, he sets his phone back down next to him and turns his ringer off. Without checking it anymore, Jungkook falls fast alseep. 

 

 

 


However  Taehyung's voice is somewhere clouding his mind- his dreams. His face appearing close to Jungkook's. 

And Jungkook shouldn't be thinking of him. Not like this.