Loner

Idol War

Jungkook passes right out after getting into his dorm room from the busy night singing.

 

He falls asleep almost instantly, nothing waking him up all night.

 

However the boy has to get up quite early, following a strict schedule that Namjoon made for him. 

 

And the schedule starts at 7am with breakfast. And each competitor has to follow it.

 

~

 

Jungkook sits next to Yoongi and Jimin for breakfast, Taehyung and Hoseok sitting on the other side.

 

Jungkook had originally wanted to sit with his friend however the boy decided he wanted to sit with Taehyung. 

 

Jungkook doesn't eat much for breakfast, feeling a little tired and not in the mood to eat at this time in the morning.

 

However all the other competitors seem to eat like beats, feeling so hungry from such a busy night.

 

Hoseok, after shoving toast into his mouth, looks up at Jungkook and then down to his full plate. 

 

"Kookie why aren't you eating your food?" Hoseok says through mouthfuls.

 

"Don't call me Kookie. And I'm just not in the mood." Jungkook says and Jimin looks up from his food when he hears how dry Jungkook sounds when he speaks

 

However not only Jimin looks up, but Taehyung and Yoongi do to. All the members just look at Jungkook and he suddenly feels slightly shy with everyone's attention on him.

 

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Yoongi mutters, and Jungkook almost wants to laugh because he's never really heard Yoongi speak. Nicely.

 

"Says you." Jungkook thinks in his head, however he keeps it in to protect himself from any further comments.

 

The rest of breakfast is silent and Jungkook gets up to leave first, remembering the next part of Namjoon's schedule.

 

Working out at 9am.

 

Jungkook goes to his dorm room to get changes into some black shorts and a 

White t-shirt. He puts on some nike shoes that are best for working out. 

 

Namjoon had told them all that there's a gym in the building, all the way on the 7th floor. And he had told everyone they were not allowed using the elevator to get there.

 

So of course, at 9am sharp, all 5 boys find themselves cramped into the stairway of floor 1 where they've been told to run up 7 flights of stairs until they reach the gym.

 

Jungkook, without hesitation, begins running up the stairs. He doesn't look back, just keeping his eyes on the many steps that he has to overcome.

 

Behind him, Yoongi is complaining with Jimin as he sweats his way up the stairs. Taehyung cheats and skips steps, not exactly running but more so walking quickly.

 

Hoseok laughs at him, feeling amused by the boy. And Jungkook ignores it all, making his way up the stairs faster than the others until he sees the door to the gym in sight.

 

When all the competitors are finally up the stairs, they line up outside the gym door covered in sweat.

 

Jungkook knocks on the door, waiting a few seconds before Namjoon opens it and welcomes the boys in.

 

The gym is pretty small, around the size of a medium sized dance studio.

 

There's a long mirror on the wall facing the boys. Between the mirror and the wall with the door, there's around 10 machines on the ground. Each machine has a number on it.

 

All the boys line up on the wall while Namjoon begins talking, some checking themselves out in the mirror in front of them, others eyeing the confusing looking machines.

 

"Alright, we have an hour circuit to complete today. See how every machine is numbered? That will be the order of the workout." Namjoon starts, taking a few steps back til he's at the first machine.

 

"This is for calves. 2 is for thighs. 3 works on arms, same as 4 and 5...-"

 

After explaining all the machines to the boys, Namjoon assigns each boy a machine to start with. Once they have their own machine, they use it for 10 minutes each.

 

"Jimin 1. Yoongi 2. Hoseok 3, Jungkook 4 and Taehyung 5." 

 

The boys walk to their machine, worthier taking a seat or standing as Namjoon pulls out a stopwatch.

 

"Your workout will start in five, four, three, two, one...go!" 

 

Jungkook's machine works his arms and back. It's a metal bar that hangs above his head. He grips either side of the metal bar and pulls it down, feeling the muscles in his back tightening as he does so.

 

Jungkook adds weight for each set he does, getting to a heavy level and feeling quite proud. The boy watches himself in the mirror as he pulls the bar down, seeing his muscles contract.

 

Jungkook darts his eyes over to the others, seeing them also going hard on the machines. Hoseok is sweating hard and gritting his teeth, he's never loved the concept of working out like Jungkook has.

 

Beside Jungkook is Taehyung, who also has an arm machine. Jungkook watches as the boy in air before pulling a metal bar similar to Jungkook's, a lot of weight added to it.

 

The boys wrists pop full of veins as he pulls the bar at a quick pace. Taehyung lifts his eyes to the mirror as he's breathing heavily, watching himself workout.

 

However his eyes quickly dart to Jungkook, catching the boys eyes quickly while he does his next set.

 

Jungkook looks away first, wiping his face from the dripping sweat down his face. His shirt is already almost soaked with sweat and it's satisfying but also disgusting. He just wants to pull it off his head and throw it to the side. 

 

"Good job everyone! 10 minutes is up, switch to the next machine." 

 

Everyone gets up and heads to the next machine before waiting for Namjoon to tell them to start.

 

Throughout the next workout, Jimin suddenly stops his workout and gets up, clutching his shirt.

 

Jungkook watches as the short boy suddenly pulls his shirt off, revealing an impressive 6 pack that Jungkook wasn't expecting.

 

"Wowww Jiminie! Impressive!" Taehyung suddenly shouts from his machine. He's looking at Jimin through the mirror, his face lighting up quite a bit as Jimin starts walking back to his machine with a big smile. 

 

Jungkook suddenly wishes he took his shirt off first, no longer wanting to incase someone thinks he's copying Jimin.

 

However after reaching the 4th machine, Jungkook's shirt is more trouble than not so he does the same as Jimin and pulls his sweaty shirt off, hanging it on one of the unused machines.

 

The boy is confident enough with his body, feeling the sudden eyes on him from his other competitors.

 

Hoseok is smiling at Jungkook, giving the boy a fake seductive smirk that makes the younger laugh.

 

However when Jungkook is walking back to his machine, he notices another gaze on him, one that is much more piercing.

 

And it belongs to Kim Taehyung.

 

The boys eyes aren't focused on Jungkook's face this time but directly staring at his stomach- his abs.

 

Jungkook feels a wave of confidence wash over him as he walks by Taehyung, wanting to flaunt himself a little more.

 

As he's about to stop at his machine, Jungkook keeps walking until he reaches Taehyung,  where the boy is doing a leg machine.

 

He looks down at Taehyung who is now looking at his legs.

 

"Enjoying the view?" Jungkook smirks down to the brown haired boy, who looks up at Jungkook with a small flush on his face and annoyance in his eyes.

 

"Not even. Hoseok Hyung is better." Taehyung smirks, turning his head to Hoseok where he smiles at the boy.

 

Hoseok smiles back, not sure what Taehyung said but going with it. And Jungkook looks between the two of them, feeling confused and some sort of annoyance rising in him.

 

He wants to ask Taehyung when the boy had a chance to see Hoseoks body, but he keeps his mouth shut, turning from Taehyung and walking back to his own machine.

 

His body drips with sweat as he works extra hard on the machine, making sure his abdomen flexes nicely for those who care to take a look.

 

However he's worried that Jimin has the spotlight, Yoongi especially staring him down through the mirror. 

 

Jungkook sighs, taking in note that he should start working out a little harder more often.

 

 

 

 

Maybe then he can intimidate Taehyung.