Jeon

Idol War

 

 

 

"Jeon Jungkook." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Red, pink and green confetti explodes from either end of the stage, pouring onto Jungkook and Taehyung as they stand tightly together.

 

The two boys hands detatch slowly as Jungkook's eyes stay wide, just like his mouth.

 

He seems frozen in place and Taehyung just watches the boy with a smile, happy he could catch every moment of Jungkook's surprise. 

 

"Congratulations Jungkook!" Namjoon walks up to the boy and pats him on the back.

 

And Jungkook blinks a few times, looking from Namjoon to the crowd before taking the mic that's suddenly handed to him. His chest is rising and falling at a dangerously quick pace and his eyes are wider than ever.

 

"Any words as the new Idol war winner?" Namjoon says, and that's what reminds Jungkook as to where he is and what he's just won.

 

He just won Idol War. The show. 

 

"I uh... I-" the black haired boy looks to his side at Taehyung, seeing him smile kindly. And Jungkook feels his heart ache for the boy.

 

"I'm shocked." Jungkook says, earning a chuckle from Namjoon.

 

"I'm sure you are, is there anyone you'd like to thank?" Namjoon pushes, realizing just how frozen Jungkook seems as he stands blankly in front of everyone, holding the mic in his face.

 

Taehyung throws an arm around the tense boy, trying to get him to loosen up a bit as he clears his very busy head.

 

"Yes uh... my parents, my uh teachers for letting me skip a week of school. H..Hoseok for always being there. I made friends with the other competitors so them too. And uh."

 

Jungkook gulps before looking back to Taehyung, who's eyes are focused in front, on the loud crowd.

 

"Taehyung, for helping me through this competition." Jungkook says, finally smiling for the first time since he's gotten on stage.

 

Taehyung squeezes Jungkook into a half-hug before both boys focus back onto Namjoon for the final words of te night.

 

"Well, I congratulate both of you boys, Jungkook in first place, Taehyung in second. With that, I will end the night by saying thank you to our wonderful judges and crew members. Makeup artists and producers/ directors. And of course, I would like to thank all of you who'd come out tonight to support this show and these competitors." 

 

Everyone claps, and celebration music plays in the background. The confetti stops pouring down from the ceiling and Taehyung takes one of the long strings off of Jungkook's head.

 

"That concludes this years Idol War! Goodnight everyone and see you next year for an all new season!" Namjoon waves to the cameras before discarding his mic and dancing to the ending music.

 

Jungkook and Taehyung also wave to the cameras, before turning to each other and smiling brightly.

 

And Jungkook can't even control himself as he pulls the brown haired boy into a tight hug, resting his head in the crook of Taehyung's neck. 

 

It's nice and warm there, and Jungkook wishes he could tighten their hug and be this close to Taehyung forever.

 

They're both breathing heavily, Jungkook's heart pounding against Taehyung's heart as he shoves his head into Taehyung’s neck. 

 

Once they release each other, Jungkook begins to dance jokingly, making Taehyung laugh.

 

The rest of the competitors spill onto the stage and congratulate the boys, hugging them and cheering loudly.

 

Jimin hugs Taehyung and Hoseok gives Jungkook another embrace. They all dance to the music and celebrate before it's all over, and the crowd begins to get escorted out.

 

The judges bow to the winners and wave before heading out. And slowly, everyone begins to leave the stage, making their way backstage.

 

And after going through a few interviews and earning more congratulations, Jungkook is exhausted and his head is spinning. He can't even begin to imagine what he's just won, and no amount of reminders will help him. He just wants to go to sleep and think about all of this tomorrow. 

 

But what Jungkook doesn't know is that his night isn't even close to over.

 

"Jungkook are you coming to the party? It's starting in less than 20 minutes!" Hoseok approaches the boy, tugging on his arm to follow.

 

Jungkook raises his eyebrows as he tries to pull away before Hoseok pulls him to a strange party.

 

"Huh?"

 

"There's an after party for Idol War. Everyone will be there! It's being held on the 6th floor, they have a bar and dance floor, we have to go!" Hoseok pulls his friend even harder, Jungkook being like putty as Hoseok drags him away.

 

"Wait but what about-"

 

"Taehyung is going too. Jimin forced him." Hoseok says a little less excitedly, earning a nod from Jungkook.

 

"Can I at least get changed?" Jungkook says once they're entering the elevator.

 

"Yes of course! I'm bringing us to our dorms right now." Hoseok says, pressing the button to go up as the door closes.

 

And finally Jungkook is filled with silence, feeling like sound is still ringing somewhere in his ears.

 

He lets out a breath, leaning on the wall behind him as they go up each floor.

 

"Aren't you excited Jungkook!" Hoseok shouts, causing Jungkook to groan.

 

"Ah Hobi, quiet down for a second. My head is buzzing." Jungkook complains, earning a frown from his friend.

 

"What a buzz kill." Hoseok rolls his eyes, eagerly running out of the elevator when they arrive to their floor.

 

Jungkook takes his time in walking to his dorm, holding his aching head as he reaches his room.

 

He unlocks his door and enters his nice cold, quiet room.

 

The room he's grown to like over the weeks. The bed was always incredibly comfortable and the air was brisk- just the way Jungkook likes.

 

He heads over the mirror to look at himself, grimacing as he stares at his tired face, dark circles under his eyes and slightly frizzy hair. 

 

Jungkook takes a quick shower to wake himself up, slipping into a silky red button up and his black leather jeans.

 

His dries his hair with his towel, shaking it out til its sticking up at every angle.

 

"Jungkook hurry up!" A voice from outside makes the black haired boy jump, before rolling his eyes.

 

"Yes Hyung! Just let me brush my damn hair." Jungkook yells from the bathroom, brushing out his hair til it's in the place he wants it to be in.

 

He sprays some cologne all over himself and dabs his lip with a slightly reddish lipstick before opening the door to a waiting Hoseok.

 

"You look really really great Jungkookie. Lets go!" Hoseok says, giving Jungkook a full body checkout before pulling the younger boy as he's putting his timberlands on. 

 

And Jungkook hops out the door, letting his friend pull him away as they make their way down the hallway to the party.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's already 11pm and as much and Jungkook wants to sleep, his night is just seeming to get started.