Dorms

Idol War

Jungkook had just finished packing his bags when his mother had interrupted him, knocking loudly on his door.

"What is it?" Jungkook yells, unable to hear himself through the earphones blasting music. 

"It's time Kookie." She says, slowly opening the door.

Jungkook looks up from his bag, noticing his mother just standing in his doorway. Her face isn't smiling like usual, but she rather holds a small pout.

"Mom, it's just until august. I'll be back real soon. Plus I'm 17, I'm almost a complete adult so I'm independent enough." Jungkook tells his mother, hoping she won't make a bigger deal about him leaving than she should.

"I know. It's just, who's going to watch after you? You'll be all alone!" She raises her voice a little, eyes getting teary.

"Namjoon is nice enough, plus I'll probably make some other friends. There's 5 other contestants that made it." Jungkook had a lot of trouble convincing his parents to let him live at the dorms in the Idol War building for a little less than a month.

He's never left the house for more than a week-school trip to Seoul. And the rest of the contestants are older than Jungkook, by one year all the way to five years. 

"Okay honey. But please give me a hug before you go, and your father." Jungkook's mom says, opening her arms wide for her son. 

Jungkook pushes himself up off the floor before closing in the gap between his mother and him. He hugs her tight, knowing deep down there's a part of him that will really miss her. 

After hugging it out, Jungkook carries his bags down the stairs, stacking them at the front door. He gives his father the same loving hug, receiving a small pep talk about being safe and responsable. 

And with that, a honk outside the house tells Jungkook it's time to go. 

"Bye mom and dad. I love you." Jungkook picks up his heavy bags from the ground before waving his parents off. 

They wave, not hiding their frowns as their son heads out the door and into Namjoon's expensive car. 

Namjoon waves to the boys parents before driving off in the direction of Idol War studio, the place Jungkook will be living for the next 3 weeks.

~

Namjoon presses the elevator button to head to the 4th floor, where the dorm rooms are. 

"All the other contestants already checked into the dorms last night. You're the last." Namjoon states as the elevator goes up. 

"Really?" Jungkook asked, feeling slightly embarrassed. It's not his fault his parents wouldn't let him leave.

"Yeah. I guess they were pretty excited to leave their houses. Anyways you have room 222, it'll be on the right. If you have any questions just call me." Namjoon says as the door dings open.

Jungkook is given the key to his room as he steps out of the elevator. It's about to close when he remembers something. 

"Wait uh...is there any rules I should know about?" Jungkook asks, causing the older to block the door from shutting. 

"Oh uh, not really just... make sure to be in your room by 1am. If we catch you in someone else's room past 1, there will be consequences. Also, tomorrow take your time waking up. For the next few days we'll let you all get used to the building. Next week you start practise for round 2." Namjoon speaks fast so it's hard to register everything he says. Jungkook just nods his head until the older is done speaking. 

"Okay, thanks." Jungkook watches as the elevator door now closes, Namjoon leaving him on his own. 

Jungkook takes a breath, turning around to find himself in a narrow hallway, resembling a hotel.

There's rooms on either side, each numbered. 

219..220..221...

"222." Jungkook finds his door and sticks his key into the hole. He turns the door handle to reveal how new room.

It's really dark when Jungkook first walks in, a cool breeze hitting his face. He flicks on the lights, revealing a very plain, empty room. 

There's a big white bed on the left wall, a nightstand next to it. To his right, there's a small bathroom right next to the front door. In the right corner there's a mini fridge next to the window. Then on the wall across from the bed there's a big TV. 

Jungkook places his bags down on the ground, wondering where he's going to hang his clothes when he notices a small closet just next to the bathroom. 

He decides not to start unpacking yet as it's already 11pm. Instead, Jungkook decides to get changed into more comfortable clothes.

He changes into grey sweat pants and a white t-shirt. His hair is messy but he doesn't mind as no one will be seeing him til tomorrow when he'll shower. 

A good idea would be to meet the other competitors staying in the dorms however Jungkook isn't the best at being social.

Plus he doesn't really want to find himself knocking on the wrong door. A.K.A Kim Taehyung's door.

However a knock on his own door suddenly catches his attention, bringing the boy out of his daze. He walks out of the bathroom and heads to the door before hesitantly opening it.

Behind the door Jungkook reveals one of the competitors. 

And Jungkook is very surprised.