Round 3 pt.2

Idol War

"Taehyung." Jungkook makes sure his voice is confident when he speaks. His nerves are killing him but he wants there to be nothing weird between him and Taehyung.

 

Taehyung opens his eyes and looks up at Jungkook, before averting his eyes away.

 

"What do you want." Taehyung says, trying his best to show no emotion.

 

"How are you feeling?" Jungkook asks the boy, causing him to squint.

 

"You don't care." Taehyung says, before remembering that Hoseok told him not to show emotions. To treat Jungkook like nothing. 

 

"You sound like a kid!" Jungkook laughs, trying to lighten the mood.

 

"Says you." Taehyung rolls his eyes, causing Jungkook's face to drop.

 

Jungkook feels silencer growing on them all of a sudden as he tries to come up with something to say. Taehyung is in a bad mood- just as he’d expected. 

 

And Jungkook can’t really blame him.

 

"You're soo going to lose tonight Taehyung." Jungkook tells the boy, cockily smirking before walking off.

 

And Hoseok was absolutely right, the boy has turned into an annoying, cocky . But not for long.

 

 

Hoseok is just done performing, Taehyung anxiously standing near the stage where Namjoon will call him on.

 

Taehyung still feels a little sick, he paces back and forth to try and not thinking about throwing up. He blows air out of his mouth and tries to relax himself. This hangover really hit him hard.

 

Jungkook walks up behind the nervous boy, startling him as he does so.

 

"What the !" Taehyung keeps his voice low as he looks at Jungkook, who still has a cocky smirk on his face. His lips are a nice shade of red and they're glossy, distracting. Taehyung remembers the boys warm lips on his, remembering how good they felt last night. 

 

"Before you go on, I just wanted to remind you not to throw up on stage." Jungkook says and Taehyung's eyes widen, anger growing in the pit of his stomach. He tries to control his emotions. He defiently doesn't want to kiss Jeon Jungkook. He wants to punch him.

 

"Thanks for your advice but I don't think I need to hear it from you. Besides your song is too boring to win you this round, no matter how hard you try and no matter how hungover I am." Taehyung snaps back, feeling slightly proud that he can still fight back even when he feels like absolute crap. 

 

Jungkook looks slightly surprised, walking away before he can lose this fight even more.

 

"That's what I thought." Taehyung rolls his eyes, groaning to himself before he hears his name being called by Namjoon. 

 

Taehyung adjusts himself before stepping onto the dark stage and passed Namjoon who smiles by him. 

 

Taehyung takes his position in the middle of the stage, noticing the crowd has grown by even more since the last round. 

 

He focused on the big letters 'Idol War' attached to the judges podium. 'Someone like you' begins to play quietly and Taehyung grabs a hold of the mic.

 

At first, Taehyung's voice isn't stable, he however tries to adjust it quickly before he gets to the harder parts of the song. 

 

The judges faces are blank, worrying him a little as he continues to sing. He closes his eyes, hoping he can adjust to the song and make it sound a little better. 

 

Taehyung grabs the mic off the stand and starts to walk around the stage, hoping to make for a less boring performance. 

 

The camera follows him and he smiles a few times, charming the fans with his square smile. It's usually works pretty well.

 

Taehyung finds the performance a very long one, his breath barely catching up while he sings. He tries his best to hit every note, achieving for the most part.

 

However when it's done, Taehyung is breathless and only somewhat satisfied with his performance.

 

Namjoon dismisses him from the stage and Taehyung quickly makes his way far from the crowd and to the backstage area.

 

When he walks out, he sees Yoongi, Hoseok and Jungkook all looking in his direction. Jimin brushes by him as he's about to go on.

 

And Taehyung suddenly feels like he's sweating a lot. The room feels really hot and everything is spinning in his head.

 

The three competitors in front of him approach him, their mouths are moving but Taehyung can't hear anything. 

 

He looks at Jungkook's face, still that cocky smirk that Taehyung no longer wants to see.

 

As they approach him, Hoseok reaching out his hand to pat his back. Taehyung's sweating more now, heat rising to his face as they all approach him. His throat feels tight- as if he's breathing out of a straw. And while Hoseok's hand is about to pat the boy on the shoulder, Taehyung suddenly starts to run, running past all three boys and heading towards the exit. He just needs to be alone. He needs air.

 

Taehyung pushes through the doors and finds himself in the hallway. It's empty and less crowded, less closed in and less loud.

 

He takes deep breaths, finding his way to the bathroom where he splashes water on his face. 

 

His performance might have costed him this competition. And it's all because of Jungkook. That's all that runs through Taehyung's head.

 

~

 

Jungkook finishes performing, anxious to get off the stage. He can't stop thinking about Taehyung as he watched the boy run to the exit with a lot of sweat and a pale face. And his performance wasn't on top, for sure.

 

"Where'd he go?" Jungkook asks Hoseok when he exits the stage. 

 

"Who?" Hoseok is confused as he tries to hold Jungkook in place before the boy runs away.

 

"Taehyung." Jungkook says, feeling exhausted as he speaks.

 

"He just went to the bathroom. Anyways Jungkook you did really good! Take a breather, you're fine." Hoseok comforts his friend when he notices how anxious he is. Jungkook diverts his eyes from the door to Hoseok, looking at his sincere friend.

 

"T..thanks Hobi. Sorry, you're right." Jungkook says, sighing when he realized he was worried for nothing. 

 

He just keeps feeling like Taehyung feels terrible and it's all his fault. He's the one who made him drink, and drink a lot. Way too much.

 

And it isn't like him to do something like that. 

 

Jungkook doesn't know why he did it.