Pay back

Idol War

"Are you ready for the performance tomorrow?" Hoseok is fidgety as he speaks, laying on Jungkook's bed and staring at the ceiling. 

Jungkook is sitting on the bed with his back against the headboard, his body feeling incredibly tired from all the excess practise he's has. Namjoon worked with him a lot in the last few days, working on stabling Jungkook's voice while he danced.

They ended up adding a very light dance to Jungkook's performance, light enough so that Jungkook could still sing the song without his voice being too shaky. 

"Yeah. But I still have to pick my outfit, Namjoon said he'd help me pick tomorrow morning." 

Jungkook's phone buzzes beside him but it's too far from his reach so he leaves it.

"Ahh I already got mine! It's really nice and it's perfect for my routine. It's a little baggy though. Yah Jungkook did Taehyung tell you about his outfit?" Hoseok suddenly pushes himself up on the bed, his face lighting up with wide eyes as he looks to the younger.

"No..?" Jungkook doesn't know why Hoseok is so excited about Taehyung's outfit.

"Taehyung was telling me that he had the nicest outfit of everyone. He said he hasn't officially chosen it yet but he saw it on the rack and decided it would be his." Hoseok goes on, his eyes lighting up as he speaks.

"Ah cool. Good for him." Jungkook tries not to be dry, however he doesn't like seeing Hoseok so happy about one of the competitors. They should all act as rivals not friends.

"Apparently it's a silky blue shirt and there's two loose strings that hang down from the neck. He said the chest is a little open so it'll make the fans go crazy." Hoseok laughs, laying back down but this time on his stomach so he can keep eye contact with Jungkook. 

"Interesting." Jungkook says before his phone vibrates again, making him more curious.

"You should probably check that." Hoseok says after realizing the younger boy isn't that interested in their conversation.

Jungkook looks to his phones, rolling his eyes as he pushes himself from the wall to reach for it. He grabs it and flips it over, seeing a bunch of texts filling his screen.

And the name reads 'Kim Taehyung'

KTH 
Hey Jungkook-ah just making sure you realize I'm going to win the competition tomorrow. 

KTH
Also I know you're going to get eliminated because my performance is already better.

KTH
and you may get in trouble for having Hoseok Hyung in your room, it's already passed 1.

Jungkook suddenly checks the time on his phone, realizing the clock says 1:06am.

" Hobi, it's passed 1! Hurry up and leave." Jungkook says, looking to Hoseok who's startled by the sudden time. He quickly pushes himself up from Jungkook's bed and stumbles to the door.

"Thanks for warning me Kookie! See you tomorrow and.. good luck!" Hoseok smiles brightly as Jungkook before quickly running to his room. 

Jungkook looks back down at his phone before deciding to answer. 


JK
I thought we were rivals? You just saved me from getting in trouble?

KTH
No. I just made sure you'd stay in the competition for one more day so you could watch me beat you. Especially with the song you wanted to sing.

Jungkook squints when he reads the last sentence, reading it over a few times. How did Taehyung already know that Jungkook wanted to sing that song?

JK
How'd you know that's the song I picked?

KTH
Easy, you sent Hoseok Hyung your song list a few days ago. When I asked him for your contact name, I scrolled through his messages and found it. I really like the song, thanks Jungkook!

Jungkook grips his phone tightly in his hands, wondering why Taehyung would go through such mesures just to eliminate him. He shouldn't be sabotaging Jungkook. He's cheating and it's not right.

And a part of Jungkook is also happy that Taehyung did it. Because now, he's prepared a much better performance. One that will blow the judges minds.

~
The next morning Jungkook's annoyance turns into anger, and he decides that if Taehyung is playing dirty- he will too 

"Jungkook which outfit have you chosen?" Namjoon asks, he pulled Jungkook out of his room pretty early to get the boy set up with some final touches. 

Jungkook's eyes skim the rack of clothes, looking through yellow dress shirts, pink button ups and.... a silky blue shirt. 

 

 

 

"I'll take that one, the blue one."