Music list

Idol War

Jungkook finishes his practise at 9am, feeling exhausted. He's been working on his song for round 3, deciding to pick another English song. He chose "Paper Hearts" by Tori Kelly. 

 

Jungkook learned this song when he first realized he could sing. He found it was an easy song to sing for his voice tone. This time Jungkook won't be dancing because he really wants to judges to focus on his voice. 

 

And he already has a feeling he knows what song Taehyung will be singing.

 

On the boys music list, he had one specific song highlighted, and marked next to it was a 3. Jungkook is assuming it means round three, so he keeps it in mind.

 

The song is "someone like you" by Adele. It's a slow song, and Jungkook has also chosen a slow song, and he knows this will make for a more interesting competition. If he and Taehyung both sing the same type of song, the judges will finally realize Jungkook's voice is better.

 

Namjoon doesn't meet up with any competitors today, telling them they need some time to practise by themselves. Jungkook decides to take a break since he's been practising all day. He walks to his dorm room, planning on relaxing a little.

 

"Hey Jungkook! Do you want to go get some breakfast with Yoongi and I?" Jimin is walking down the hallway with Yoongi, both boys looking at Jungkook, only one with a smile.

 

Jungkook stops walking, looking to his room before averting his eyes to the two boys.

 

In his head he remembers telling himself to say no, to not trust anyone.

 

However when Jungkook looks at Jimin, the boy seems to have an innocent heart, Jungkook can't get himself to decline.

 

"Sure!" The boy says, causing Jimin to smile brighter.

 

"Okay! Let's go." Jimin tugs Jungkook to his side, all three of them now making their way through the hallway to the elevator where they plan to reach the first floor. 

 

The elevator ride is quiet, and Jungkook fidgets a little from the uncomfortable silence. Yoongi and Jimin stand close to each other, however they don't look at each other once. Jungkook finds them strange.

 

The door rings before opening and Jungkook takes a step to the door.

 

However as Jungkook is about to walk out of the elevator, a hand is suddenly grabbing the door, holding it incase it closes.

 

The person holding the door awaits for Jungkook to walk out. And Jungkook steps out before realizing the man holding the door is his friend, Hoseok.

 

"Hobi? What are you doing?" Jungkook asks as Jimin and Yoongi walk out of the elevator. 

 

And Hoseok has an unsure look on his face, his head looking behind him as if he's waiting for someone.

 

"Nothing..I was just-"

 

"Hoseok, wait up!" A deep voice is heard from the end of the hallway.

 

Hoseoks eyes widen and Jungkook turns to see Taehyung running down the hallway, eyes on Hoseok.

 

However once his eyes move to see Jungkook, Jimin and Yoongi, his running slows to a jog.

 

His eyes scan over everyone slowly before landing back on Hoseok. Everything feels a little awkward and Jungkook feels a little bit of tension.

 

"Lets go Hoseok." Taehyung says, his eyes almost a glare as he stops to look at Jimin. And Jimin looks at his friend with the same kind of juvenile look. And Hoseok looks to Jungkook, guilt ridden on his face. 

 

Taehyung and Hoseok get in the elevator, Jimin turning around before he can look at Taehyung again. And once the doors close and te elevator goes up, Jimin lets out a sigh.

 

"Wh..what was that all about?" Jungkook asks, looking to Yoongi and Jimin who seem to be quiet about the whole situation.

 

"It's a long story Jungkook." Jimin sighs, walking at a quicker pace. Yoongi keeps his slow pace though, staying behind with Jungkook.

 

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me." Jungkook says, looking down as he walks.

 

"Jimin had a fight with Taehyung." Yoongi murmurs, causing Jimin to turn around and shush him.

 

"We might as well tell him. It seems like he's having the same issue with Hoseok." Yoongi says, confusing Jungkook at the mention of his friend.

 

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asks.

 

"I'll tell you at breakfast okay! Let's go" Jimin walks to the doors and opens them a little aggressively, not holding them as he steps outside. Jungkook runs to watch up to the boy, Yoongi just trailing behind him. 

 

~

 

Once the three boys are seated at a breakfast restaurent down the street, Jungkook looks at Jimin expectantly. 

 

"Okay, whatever I tell you can't leave your mouth okay!" Jimin says, sternly looking at Jungkook. The younger nods, anticipating what Jimin has to say.

 

"So have you noticed Taehyung and Hoseok becoming a lot closer lately?" Jimin asks. Jungkook nods.

 

"Taehyung has been my friend for a long time. He pulled me into this competition so he wouldn't have to be alone. However after he met Hoseok, he hasn't even talked to me. Of course if Yoongi Hyung wasn't here then I probably would have dropped out-"

 

Jimin smiles to Yoongi, their eyes lingering for a second and Jungkook raises his eyebrow.

 

"Anyways, Taehyung told me the other day that he doesn't trust me. He said he only trusts Hoseok Hyung, and since then we haven't spoken. I don't know why he's acting different, or what's gotten into him." Jimin looks hurt while he's talking, his eyes wandering to the empty plate beneath him. 

 

And Jungkook sighs.

 

"I feel the same way." He mutters.

 

Jimin looks up, his mouth open.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes." Jungkook nods, Jimin nodding for the boy to continue. To elaborate.

 

"Hoseok has been acting the same. He doesn't seem to trust me as much anymore. And Taehyung, well he's never been nice to me." Jungkook sighs, remembering all the times the brown haired boy threatened him.

 

"Jungkook-ah, you know Taehyung is very competitive. And when I first came, I thought he was the best. However after your audition, I changed my mind. And, I hate to say this, but I don't want Taehyung to win. Especially not when he's acting like this towards me." Jimin says, leaning closer to Jungkook as if he's telling a secret.

 

"I don't want Taehyung to win either." Yoongi pitches in, looking at Jungkook as if telling him to do something about it.

 

"Well... I can't guarantee I'll win either... unless we found a way to make Taehyung.... weak." Jungkook isn't sure if he should be sharing his plan with Taehyung's good friend, however the boy seems hurt and maybe he'll be on Jungkook's side.

 

"Hmm, what do you mean?" Jimin asks. The waiter suddenly comes to te table and asks the boys what they want to eat. They all order quickly before diverting their attention back to Jungkook.

 

"Well, Hoseok Hyung gave me Taehyung's music list. Maybe I could tell him I have it. I could tell him he has to come and get it at 1am and then he'll get in trouble for being out of his room past curfew." Jungkook tells Jimin and Yoongi, unsure if his plan is good.

 

Jimin takes his time to think, going over multiple things in his head before his face lights up.

 

"I have an idea. It won't be too harmful... just enough to make Taehyung...loosen up a bit. Maybe if forgets about the competition for a bit, he'll be more chill... more weak." Jimin says and Jungkook's ears perk up.

 

The three boys spend the rest of breakfast figuring out a plan to find Taehyung's weakness. They want to get the boy to let his guard down and Taehyung has a hard shell.

 

However Jimin knows him better than anyone, and his plan seems fool proof.