We choose you

Idol War

Jungkook looks at the letter for the 10th time that day. It's written formally and signed by official people so he knows it's not a scam. However why him? 


Why does the head of idol war want him? 

The letter reads "Dear Jeon Jungkook, we've chosen you for idol war because after making careful consideration, you've shown us the most appeasing look and symmetrical features from everyone in busan high schools. If you agree to come onto the show idol war, we will put you to the test of either singing, acting, rapping or dancing. You will make that decision yourself by putting together a first performance so we can decide to keep you or not." 

Jungkook isn't even sure how to react, after hearing he got recruited for something like this just because he had the best looks. What if he can't perform well? 

However Jungkook knows deep down that he's talented. In more than one thing. Including singing and dancing. It will take a lot of consideration though.

The first audition is on July 3rd. That's exactly two weeks from now to make up a performance to impress the judges. And first Jungkook actually has to talk to his parents about this. Who knows what they'd say.

"What are you reading Jungkook?" Jungkook's mother enters the living room just in time to catch the boy holding tightly onto the letter in front of his face. Jungkook looks up quickly, eyes wide as he moves the letter from his face.

"Oh..well it's just a letter." Jungkook folds the piece of paper up and hopes his mother doesn't ask for it.

"What kind of letter? Can I see?" Jungkook's mom is already making her way towards the boy, reaching out her hand. Jungkook can't say no.

He hands his mother the letter carefully, watching her expression for any sign of rejection.

She reads the letter slowly, seeing as Jungkook has to sit there and wait 2 minutes until she looks up.

"What's this?" 

"I don't know, it just came in the mail today."

"Did you sign up for this? How did they choose you?" Jungkook's mother places the letter on the coffee table and keeps on looking at Jungkook, giving off a serious aura.

"Uh well, I didn't sign up. Apparently they chose one boy from each school in busan to compete. I don't know why I got chosen." Jungkook looks down, not once looking into his mothers eyes.

"Well, are you going to take part? You got chosen didn't you?" She suddenly says, picking up the form and dropping it into the coconut haired boys lap.

He looks down at the paper then up to his mother.

"Wa..really? I'm allowed?" Jungkook is surprised, grabbing the letter in his hands with slight excitement. He didn't know if he wanted to participate or not, but the more he thinks about it, the more fun it sounds.

"Well, if you can win that would be cool. And plus Jungkookie, I never saw you becoming a professional athlete. Even though you wanted to, that takes a lot of money and a lot of skill. I think you're better off trying for this." Jungkook's mother says with a smile before walking off. 

And Jungkook isn't sure if his mother was being positive or negative but he's glad she said yes. And when she says yes, his father says yes. 


~

"No." 

"But dad! Why can't I? Mom already said I could." Jungkook complains while stuffing brocoli into his mouth.

Over dinner his mother just had to bring up the idol war thing. And now, Jungkook's father is disagreeing with both of them. He's never said no.

"Because, you should be working this summer, not playing around on a tv show. You start college next year, shouldn't we be getting you ready?" 

Jungkook sighs, stuffing his mouth with food and not giving his father a response. His father is always focused on Jungkook's grades and his work that he never thinks about the bigger picture.

"In the letter it says that if I last the first audition, I'll get money. Every time I pass the next stage, the amount of money grows. I don't need to work if I can pass." Jungkook tells his father, his mother nodding her head along with her son.

"Listen Jungkook, I don't think it's a good idea. Being an idol is not an ideal job. It won't get you far. And plus, you'd have to be a really good singer or dancer if you wanted to pass. We would have to put you in lessons and I don't want to spend that kind of money." Jungkook's father says, no emotion in his tone. And Jungkook is used to that. His dad never cared unless it benefits himself. 

"Fine. But I'm not changing my mind about this and neither is mom." Jungkook gets up from the dinner table, his plate still half full as he runs up to his room. He doesn't slam the door because he's too old for that now but he's still acting childish.

However Jungkook doesn't seem to care. He's just angry about the situation and he knows what he wants. 

He wants to become an idol.