1 day

Idol War

"Jungkook, I know Taehyung's weakness."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Its you."

 

~

Jungkook is awoken early by Namjoon knocking on his door.

 

"Come on Jungkook, open up!" The older boy yells from the hallway and Jungkook is startled by the sudden morning call.

 

He groggily gets up to answer the door, noticing a very rushed-looking Namjoon.

 

"Its 7, why are you here?" Jungkook asks, rubbing his tired eyes.

 

He barely got any sleep last night.

 

"Today we have a very tight schedule to follow! Do you not remember?"

 

"No."

 

Namjoon tells the boy to quickly get dressed and head downstairs for breakfast. 

 

Since finals is tomorrow, there's a lot of preparations that have to be made.

 

~

 

Jungkook gets to the table last, seeing Hoseok and Taehyung already eating. They have the same groggy looks on their faces as Jungkook.

 

"Morning." Hoseok still manages to smile as Jungkook takes a seat next to him.

 

"Mornin."

 

He looks down at his plate and breaks apart his muffin, taking small bites.

 

"Do you know what's going on today?" Jungkook asks his friend, not looking up at Taehyung who sits across the table.

 

Ever since Hoseok's words, Jungkook has felt a little strange. He hasn't talked to Hoseok about it, or Taehyung, and he doesn't really know how.

 

"You don't know?" Taehyung suddenly interjects, his eyes widening just slightly.

 

"No...?" Jungkook raises his brow.

 

"All of our parents are coming to meet up with us after breakfast. Since our schedule is so tight we had to eat early to make time for them. We have a good two hours to hangout with our parents." Hoseok explains.

 

"Wow. I really had no clue." Jungkook laughs, feeling excited that his parents will be coming.

 

He's called them almost every night throughout the month, so it's not like he misses them all that much, however he'll definitely be happy to see them.

 

"What time is it?" Jungkook asks once he's done most of his muffin. Hoseok pulls out his phone.

 

"It's... it's already 7:45! They're coming at 8." He says while abruptly pushing himself up from the table.

 

"I have to go get ready, see you guys later." Hoseok waves to the two boys before rushing out of the room. 

 

That leaves Taehyung and Jungkook.

 

"Are you excited to see your parents?" Jungkook asks the brown haired boy, wanting to start a conversation. 

 

"Yeah, I guess." Taehyung shrugs, not seeming too excited about it.

 

"Are you..sure?" Jungkook laughs when Taehyung's face scrunches up.

 

"Yes yes. My dad can just be annoying, like all fathers." The boy admits, and Jungkook nods to that. He doesn't bother asking why Taehyung only talks about his father. 

 

He doesn't want to sound bad by saying he didn't think of his parents much in this month, however it's true. This competition has made the boy much more independent and he's proud of that. 

 

"What about you?" Taehyung asks, bringing his glass of juice to his mouth. He's still wearing his pyjamas and Jungkook just realized. They're kind of cute on Taehyung.

 

Jungkook doesn't want to sound bad by saying he didn't think of his parents much in this month, however it's true. This competition has made the boy much more independent and he's proud of that.

 

"Yeah I'm excited. My dad wasn't too sure about this competition so I want to see his reaction." Jungkook says, thinking about how far he's come compared to where he thought he'd get to.

 

"He definitely had something to be proud of."  Taehyung's voice is quiet and Jungkook's not sure if the boys words were actually for him or not so Jungkook just smiles warmly.

 

"You too." Jungkook whispers before he realizes what he's doing. Why is Taehyung being soft? All of a sudden, just like that.

 

"Jungkook, I know Taehyung's weakness." 

 

"Its you."

 

Hoseoks words replay in Jungkook's mind forever, like an endless record player and he doesn't know how to make it stop. 

 

However his mind suddenly remembers another thing. 

 

The competition is tomorrow and Jungkook had kept telling himself that once he found out who made Taehyung weak, he would make that person take away Taehyung's power in order to win.

 

So if he somehow makes Taehyung vulnerable, he could perhaps win this whole competition. 

 

"Jungkook?" Taehyung's voice brings Jungkook back to reality.

 

"Y..yeah?" Jungkook looks up at the boy, who's face is softer than usual.

 

"I'm going to go meet up with my dad now. See you later, oh and one more thing." 

 

Taehyung gets up from his chair and makes his way over to Jungkook's before leaning his face in. 

 

"Do whatever you want, I'm still going to win." Taehyung's voice is deep, and less soft. Without hesitation, the boy leans in quickly and pecks Jungkook's cheek gently before moving away.

 

And Jungkook's hand darts up to his cheek where the boy just kissed him. Jungkook feels his cheeks burning and his heat about to explode out of his chest. His eyes are wide as he looks around to see if anyone saw their moment, however it's still too early for anyone to be around. Thankfully.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He's going to pay for making me flustered 24/7 

 

~

 

Jungkook's parents are over dramatic when they see the boy, running up to him like a movie scene and pulling the boy into a family hug.

 

He can't help but smile a little as he watches his parents rant over how much they actually missed the boy.

 

The interrogate him about everything and ask him if anything interesting has happened.

 

And he says no, because really, not much as been going on. 

 

Jungkook tells his parents about having some fans and about getting texted by school friends watching him on tv. 

 

"Jungkookie you're growing up so fast!" Jungkook's mother pats his head as she looks at her son. He rolls his eyes.

 

"It's only been a few weeks mom."

 

"But still!" 

 

Jungkook shows his parents around studio A, where all the magic happens.

 

They walk around the auditorium part until reaching the stage. And there's two people standing on the stage.

 

When Jungkook squints his eyes to catch the two faces, he notices a younger brown haired boy with an older man that looks just like him.

 

"Who's that?" Jungkook's father asks.

 

"It's..Kim Taehyung. He's one of the competitors." Jungkook says, watching as the boy points to things to show his father.

 

The younger boy however does not look so happy as he speaks with his father, and vice versa. And Jungkook wonders where the boys mom is.

 

"He's the cute boy we saw during your first shoot!" Jungkook's mom suddenly chimes, quickening her pace so that she's heading up to the stage.

 

"Mom no!" Jungkook yells the second he realizes where his mother is going. Jungkook's dad ignores the boys calls as he follows his wife up the stage to greet the other competitor.

 

Jungkook runs after his parents, finding himself on stage and watching them go up to Taehyung and shake his hand.

 

He seems confused until he spots Jungkook running behind them.

 

"I'm Jungkook's mother, and this is his father, it's nice to meet you both." Jungkook's mother says while shaking Taehyung's dad's hand. He nods to both of them before turning his attention to Jungkook.

 

"You're Jungkook?" He says, and Jungkook, who's still out of breath from running, nods.

 

"And you're here to beat my son?" Taehyung's father seems to raise his voice just slightly and Jungkook is 

unsure if he's being serious or joking.

 

Taehyung rolls his eyes and Jungkook takes a breath.

 

"Uh no..well...yes...I...don't know." Jungkook doesn't know what to say and he becomes stuttering mess. Taehyung looks at the boy for a second before realizing he's nervous.

 

"Dad, it's a competition. Hoseok Hyung is also trying to beat me." Taehyung says.

 

"I know I know, I was just kidding." His father says, stifling out a laugh. However Taehyung still seems tense and Jungkook senses a bad relationship between them two.

 

"My son is a very talented boy though. It would be a very big disappointment if he didn’t win.”

 

Jungkook's eyes widen as he watches Taehyung's father sigh. He can't even believe the mans words, and Jungkook notices his parents also growing in slight shock. 

 

Jungkook is about to speak up when Taehyung begins speaking softly.

 

"Well, we should go. Bye Jungkook-ah." Taehyung waves to the boy with a small, desperate smile.

 

Jungkook waves, smiling back as Taehyung says bye to his parents. And they walk their separate ways.

 

"They seem like trouble." Jungkook's father murmurs when the boy is out of sight.

 

"Dad! He's not trouble...he just..has a competitive family." Jungkook finds it strange that he's backing Taehyung up, but the boy already looked pretty miserable as it is.

 

In the few hours that Jungkook has with his parents, he shows them around the Idol War building and takes them out to lunch. He even meets up with Hoseok, who they're incredibly excited to see. 

 

 

It's hard to say goodbye, however Namjoon tells the three boys to wrap things up.

 

Jungkook hugs both his parents and takes their encouragement for his final stage tonight. They're really rooting on him.

 

Taehyung's goodbye to his father is much more closed and well..formal. With a shake of the hand and a pat on the back, the brown haired boys father leaves. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And Taehyung doesn't even seem to care.