Attention

Idol War

The next few days, Jungkook feels slightly lonely.

 

He'd been trying not to get close to any competitors, scared he'd get sabotaged. But now, Hoseok has been hanging out with Taehyung everyday, and Jimin with Yoongi.

 

And round 3 is just around the corner. Jungkook is more than curious to know what Taehyung will be singing this time, and if the boy has a song list like Jungkook, the boy wants to see it.

 

"Yah Hoseok, I have a question." Jungkook asks the boy as they're hanging out in the empty studio where Hoseok was helping Jungkook dance.

 

Both boys are sitting on the floor next I each other, full of sweat after a 2 hour dance practise.

 

"Yeah what's up?" Hoseok asks, fanning himself to cool down a little.

 

"I've noticed you've become closer with Taehyung lately. He seems cool, I wanted to ask you if you knew what song he was singing for round 3?" 

 

After Jungkook speaks he realizes just how badly he worded everything. Hoseok looks at him questionably before dropping his hand.

 

"Uh... Jungkook-ah you've never been curious about him until now? Has something changed?" Hoseok asks, knowing Jungkook is very unsocial when it comes to anyone.

 

"He reminds me of myself. I just wanted to know what kind of person he is. Maybe I can be his friend." Jungkook lies his way to get through Hoseok, his friend who can see right through him.

 

"Hmm...that doesn't explain why you want to know what song he's singing?" Hoseok pushes himself up from the floor, Jungkook following along.

 

"Hyung...why are you questioning it! I want to know incase it's a song I'm doing. Then I'll change my song before it's too late. It happened last time too." Jungkook complains, following behind the older as he heads to the water fountain outside the studio.

 

"Okay, I get it. Since you’re my friend and I trust you very much, I'll show you Taehyung's song list. He gave it to me so I could give him advice. But you have to give it back okay!" Jungkook is extremely satisfied with Hoseoks answer. He promises to his friend that he'll give the song list back as soon as possible. All he wants to do is take a quick look.

 

Both boys head back to their dorms, stopping at Hoseoks quickly so Jungkook can see Taehyung's song list. 

 

"Thanks Hyung! I'll give it back to you tomorrow." Jungkook says, hoping he can get away with bringing the list to his own dorm.

 

"Fine. You better Jungkook-ah! Goodnight." Hoseok seems a little unsure of Jungkook but he still smiles to the boy before closing his door.

 

Jungkook smiles and heads to his own dorm, feeling it's already pretty late.

 

When he gets in, he takes a quick shower and then heads into bed, keeping his light on as he pulls out the music list from his bedside table. 

 

Jungkook looks through the list, noticing the boy has quite a few Big Bang songs. Jungkook see's some songs that he had on his own song list that he internally decides not to sing.

 

The boy has other artists too, some songs Jungkook hasn't even heard of. Jungkook sighs, realizing Taehyung doesn't have as much as he originally thought.

 

It's not satisfying, this won't help me at all. 

 

Jungkook puts the paper aside and tucks into his no longer comfortable bed. He's been in these dorms for almost 3 weeks now and the room is starting to bore him. He's usually walking around studio A or working in studio B however at night Jungkook would rather be wandering somewhere than being stuck in his ugly white room.

 

It's lonely.

 

~

 

When Jungkook wakes up, he gets to work right away, working on his new song for round 3. He automatically heads to the studio, assuming it'll be empty since it's only 6:30am.

 

Jungkook takes the elevator, eventually reaching studio B where he makes his way down the hallway until he spots the room.

 

Jungkook doesn't hesitate to open the door right away, abruptly stopping in his tracks when he sees a boy sitting behind the sound system.

 

Jungkook expects the boy to turn around in panic or tell him to get out, but the brown haired figure is slumped in the chair, the back of his head facing Jungkook.

 

Jungkook curiously walks into the studio, taking his time to walk up to the figure.

 

"Sorry... did i interrupt?" Jungkook says quietly, reaching out his hand to tap the boy on his back.

 

However when Jungkook arrives to the chair the boys sitting in, the brown locks become a little more familiar.

 

"Taehyung?" Jungkook waits for a response but the boy still doesn't turn around.

 

Jungkook reaches his hand out and shakes the boys shoulder, still not receiving a response. Instead of waiting, Jungkook suddenly turns the chair around, finally getting a glance at the boys face.

 

And Jungkook is completely shocked when he sees that Taehyung's eyes are closed shut, his mouth slightly open as he breaths quietly. He's completely asleep and  he looks more peaceful than ever.

 

And Jungkook almost doesn't want to wake him up. However he has to practise and Taehyung is in his way.

 

Jungkook takes time in his mind to figure out what to do before his hand is shaking Taehyung's shoulder a little harder, trying to get him to wake up.

 

"Taehyung, wake up." Jungkook huffs, waiting for his big eyes to open. But they don't.

 

Jungkook pushes him more aggressively and shakes him but Taehyung still seems deep in sleep. 

 

Jungkook even whispers in the boys ear, flicks his forehead but he doesn't budge.

 

Instead of continuously trying, Jungkook looks over to the sound system that Taehyung's sitting in front of and he decides on a better way.

 

The boy gets onto the computer quickly, grabbing the first song he sees and pressing play. The song is quiet at first, until Jungkook goes to the sound system and starts adjusting the sound with dials and buttons.

 

Jungkook braces himself from the loud music and he turns one of the switches to make the music super loud.

 

He plays it for a few seconds before looking to Taehyung. After a few seconds Taehyung jumps in his chair, waking up very quickly to the loud music bursting through the room.

 

"What the hell?" Taehyung's voice is groggy as he looks in front of him, noticing Jungkook now lowering the volume. He almost jumps again when seeing Jungkook, but spares that embarrassment.

 

"What was that for?" Taehyung rubs his eyes, scooting up in his chair before directing his grumpy eyes back to Jungkook, who's laughing.

 

"I need to practise. You can't use this studio just to sleep." Jungkook says, waiting for Taehyung to get up from the chair so that Jungkook can take over.

 

"Fine." Taehyung doesn't say much, pushing himself up from the chair and moving aside for Jungkook. 

 

Jungkook finds it strange to see Taehyung being so..calm. He stares at the boy for a while, waiting for a snarky comment.

 

"What are you staring at?" Taehyung squints his eyes.

 

"Uh..nothing." Jungkook shakes his head, turning to the chair before taking his seat and pushing it closer to the sound system.

 

"I know I'm attractive but you don't have to stare. Staring is rude." Taehyung's voice is back to normal, an emotionless expression pinned on his face.

 

"You also told me not drinking your drink would be rude. Turns out you were just sabotaging me. I couldn't sleep all night that time." Jungkook almost forget that he had wanted to expose Taehyung about the coffee incident for so long. He never got to it.

 

"Just think of it as some friendly competition." Taehyung brushes it off, turning to the door where he starts to walk to.

 

"Well Taehyung, just so you know, you're not the only one playing this game." Jungkook lowers his voice, tilting his head so he can get a better view of Taehyung.

 

And the brown haired boy seems to freeze for a few seconds, before registering the boys words.

 

"I know Jungkook." Taehyung's words come out more quiet- less confident. And it makes Jungkook pretty surprised. He wants to see more, he wants to bug the boy more.

 

However just as he's about to make a comment, Taehyung heads out the door without another word. Jungkook watches him go, Not thinking fast enough of what to say.

 

Jungkook sighs, leaning on his chair.

 

Every time he's close to finding Taehyung's weakness, the boy seems to find a way out of it.