Round 2

Idol War

After choosing his outfit, Jungkook is lead to studio A where the rehearsal
is about to start.

Namjoon brings the boy backstage, his blue silky shirt still in his hands as they walk through the confusing area.

"You can give me your shirt while you practise your number. We don't want you to wear it until tonight." Namjoon says, reaching out to grab Jungkook's shirt. A part of him is worried Taehyung will steal it from Namjoon, however a bigger part of him knows the boy wouldn't be capable.

Jungkook waits for the crew to get the sound system working before one of them announces through the mic for Jungkook to go on.

He's the first to perform for the night so his practise is the first. Jungkook hates being first because he's worried the judges will forget him, however he knows with his particular piece, he'll leave the judges remembering him forever. At least he hopes.

"Jeon Jungkook, enter to the middle of the stage. Your song will start five seconds after you are placed behind the mic." Jungkook nods to himself before walking through the cramped backstage area and going through the entrance to the stage.

Since he's been practising all week, Jungkook has become more accustom to the big stage. And for this performance, he's definitely going to be using it more. 

Jungkook grabs the mic from the stand, pulling it off while he waits for the music to start.

The music starts and Jungkook begins to sing right away. His voice is in good conditions today so he has nothing to worry about. 

Jungkook adds the footwork and arm movements to his performance, making sure his voice is still steady as he does so. 

Once the boy gets to a calmer part of the song, his eyes dart away from the empty crowd to the side of the stage that he came in from.

He sees Namjoon standing near the stage entrance while facing someone else. 

As Jungkook focused his eyes a little better, he realizes Taehyung is the one who's in front of Namjoon, and they're talking to each other. 

Jungkook's eyes widen when he realizes Taehyung does not look so happy. The boy points to the shirt in Namjoon's hands and talks with anger.

Jungkook shifts a little while turning his eyes back to the front as he continues to sing, feeling slightly nervous now that Taehyung is talking to Namjoon. 

He turns his head once more to see if Taehyung is done talking yet, and that's when he realizes Taehyung is staring right at him. However it's more of a glare than anything.

The brown haired boy looks angry as he looks at Jungkook, and Jungkook can almost see the revenge in the boys eyes.

Instead of continuing their staring contest, Jungkook focuses his attention back to the front where he focuses on only his performance. 

It's not like he actually stole the shirt because Taehyung never really had it. There's no one to blame. 

Once Jungkook is finally done singing, he bows to the empty crowd and walks off the stage, placing the microphone back on the stage before he leaves.

When he walks off the stage, Namjoon is no longer talking with Taehyung. However his face is a little surprised as he makes eye contact with the younger.

"What was that all about?" Jungkook asks innocently.

"Ahh, apparently Taehyung wanted this blue shirt. However he never picked it out for himself so I couldn't give it to him! Aren't you glad you can keep it!" Namjoon laughs, scratching his head as he looks down at the well fought shirt.

"Yeah, I'm glad." Jungkook sighs, looking to the stage where Taehyung is now standing.

"Taehyung's rehearsal is now?" Jungkook watches the boy as he places one hand on the mic and stares out to the centre of the crowd.

"Yeah... oh that reminds me, no competitors are allowed to watch others rehearsals! You have to go." Namjoon says abruptly, pushing Jungkook on the back lightly.

"Ah okay, see you tonight Hyung." Namjoon hands Jungkook is shirt and directs him out. Jungkook waves Namjoon off before heading out of the backstage area. 

~

Jungkook does not get to see any of the competitors throughout the entire day. There's a rule that competitors must not talk to other competitors the day of the show because there could be some form of sabotage happening. 

Usually Jungkook would find that ridiculous however with Taehyung in this competition, he's starting to feel like that boy would poison him if he could. 

"Jungkook, you must report to studio A and go backstage. The show is starting in 5 minutes." One of the crew members alerts the boy before running off, probably to go warn the next competitor.

Jungkook changes into his outfit on the way to studio A, putting on black dress pants and his blue silky shirt. His hair was styled earlier on by one of the stylists, which Jungkook is very thankful for.

As he's walking to the stage, a lot of thoughts run through the boys head. One especially telling him that everything is just a dream. That's defiantly what it feels like to Jungkook. Only a few weeks ago he was just sitting at home, spending his summer doing nothing or playing video games. 

And now, Jungkook is getting styled up in nice clothes and going on stage in front of thousands of people, only to perform with the talent he never really thought was that good. 

Some would be jealous, but Jungkook in this moment is happy for himself.

Jungkook suddenly bangs into a solid surface as he's lost in thoughts. His feet were going so fast that he couldn't even stop his body from banging into the object.

"Yah watch where you're going!" However the object speaks, and when Jungkook looks up, Taehyung is standing in front of him, annoyance on his face and his usual deep, dark eyes.

"Sorry, I'm in a rush and-" 

"No excuse. I could tell the crew that you were planning on hurting me before the performance, how would you like that?" Taehyung's voice gets deeper when he speaks seriously, no hint of laughter in his tone.

Jungkook however stands his ground, be backing away from Taehyung as the boy gets closer. 

"You could but we both know that isn't true. Plus, I thought you wanted me to see you perform?" Jungkook says, remembering when Taehyung saved Jungkook from getting in trouble with Hoseok last night.

"Correct. But if I'm not mistaken, I don't want you to see me perform, I want you to see me win." Taehyung's face curls up into a wide smirk, one that Jungkook hasn't seen yet. He's unsure if it's an evil grin or Taehyung's normal smile.

"Whatever Taehyung, I have a performance to get to. And I'm sure the judges will love my outfit." Jungkook, feeling a little bold, adds a wink in his sentence before brushing past the brown haired boy and heading to the stage. 

Taehyung must be performing second because his hair is already done, blow dried so it's parted on either side of his face. He even wears two long, dangly silver earrings that match his silver necklace. It's a nice style, and if they weren't rivals, Jungkook would think Taehyung looked pretty good tonight. He cleans up well.