Auditions

Idol War

July 3rd. 

Jungkook has been practising everyday and night for this audition. Showing his mom and dad how he can sing and dance. How he can do this audition without fail, without forgetting anything.

And now, he's standing in studio A, behind stage with the number 162 taped to his chest, and he forgets everything.

Jungkook had arrived to the office at exactly 5:45pm to be early, but there was already many competitors getting themselves ready. He had to wait an hour before getting number. And then an extra hour for everyone to audition.

And now it's 8:00pm. Jungkook is next, and he's suppose to wait for the auditioner to come off stage before he goes on.

And Kim Taehyung is taking a long time.

Of course Jungkook has to perform right after Taehyung. The best looking boy in the whole competition. Jungkook had looked at the other boys trying out and he couldn't find one other boy who was as good as the one performing right now.

And not only is Taehyung good looking, his voice is sensual and deep, it's really nice. Too nice. And Jungkook hates it.

He really hates it.

"Thank you Kim Taehyung, you may exit the stage while the judges make their decision." Namjoon announces on the mic, walking the brown haired boy off stage where Jungkook stands.

"Jungkook, be ready, you're on in 1 minute." Namjoon says, patting the boys back before he re-enters the stage where he'll announce the judges vote. 

However Taehyung doesn't even focus on the judges response. Instead he approaches Jungkook, his face just as serious as the last time they met.

"Are you nervous?" Taehyung asks suddenly, and Jungkook is surprised. He cares?

"I uh.. yeah a little." Jungkook nervously laughs, looking at Taehyung in front of him while his hands fidgets with his black bow tie.

"You should be. There's thousands of people out there and at least a million people watching you on TV. Don't up. Or do. That's your choice." Taehyung smirks devilishly before knocking Jungkook's shoulder as he walks by. And Jungkook suddenly feels his face go completely white. He clenches his fists as he hears the crowd quiet down for the results. 

Taehyung walks out of the backstage area, not even hearing if he passed the audition or not before the crowd starts to cheer loudly. 

"Congratulations Kim Taehyung." Namjoon says. Jungkook gulps, looking around him when a crew member hands him a microphone. The one Taehyung was holding earlier. 

"T..thanks." Jungkook holds the microphone tight in his sweaty hands as he looks straight ahead to where the stage fills his mind.

Namjoon stands in the middle of the big stage, speaking to the enormous crowd without a hint of nerves.

"Next competitor will be the 17 year old Jeon Jungkook, come on out." Namjoon turns his head to the side, making eye contact with the boy from across the stage.

Jungkook gets told by the crew that he has to walk on stage now. It takes his feet a little while but he finally gets them moving, crossing the stage as his face gets more and more pale.

He reaches the middle, seeing that Namjoon is now nowhere to be seen. So instead Jungkook turns his attention to the three judges, who look at him with blank faces. They're already so judgemental and Jungkook hasn't even done anything.

He grabs the mic tightly and puts it to his mouth. With one deep breath, the boy speaks.

"Hello. I'm Jeon Jungkook and I'll be singing monster by Big Bang." His voice is shaky, but Jungkook couldn't care less as the lights suddenly dimmer and the spotlight lights him up. 

The crowd is giant, just like Taehyung said. Jungkook tries not to think of the boys words, about how many people are watching or how he's being broadcasted on TV. However for some reason that's all Jungkook can think of, and the words to the song he's about to sing completely disappear in his head. 

Jungkook tries to remember the first word, tightening his grip on the mic as he realizes he might just choke. 

The music starts, and Jungkook tries to let go of all his stress and thoughts, only remembers his purpose. He's on stage, auditioning to become an idol and he has to give it his all. He has to win the competition to prove to his parents that this was all for an actual reason.

And he has to prove to Kim Taehyung that he's a strong competitor, one that the boy won't be able to beat.

Jungkook's voice comes out of instinct, starting the song without realizing. His voice is a little shaky at the start however he gets more comfortable throughout the song.

Jungkook keeps his eyes closed for most of the song, not wanting to look at the grand amount of people staring at him.

"I love you, baby I'm not a monster." 

Jungkook opens his eyes, spotting hundreds of cameras facing his way as he sings. He tries to look at them all, unsure as to which is the real camera for broadcasting. 

Jungkook remembers to also look at the judges, showing them his emotions as he sings. He tries to reach out to them, to make them find a reason to pick him. And Jungkook even spots one of them smiling slightly, which only encourages him to sing louder, better.

The song ends and Jungkook can barely hear the crowd cheering through his pumping heart beat. He takes big breaths as Namjoon climbs back onto the stage and comes to his side.

"Great song. Jeon Jungkook, you may now leave the stage while the judges make their decision." Namjoon says, while smiling to the boy. Jungkook nods, smiling to the cheering crowd before running off stage.

He wipes the dripping sweat from his forehead as soon as the cameras are off of him, letting out a sigh of relief. 

Jungkook's parents are somewhere in the crowd so he won't be seeing them until the show is over. However they text his phone multiple times, congratulating the boy and telling him how surprised they are. 

He smiles, putting his phone back into his back pocket before handing the mic to the crew and awaiting his results.

And they come very quickly as he hears Namjoon get back onto the mic.

"Three yes's from the judges, Jeon Jungkook, congratulations, you're going to round 2!" Namjoon announces through the cheers of the crowd. 

Jungkook celebrates, behind stage, cheering to himself as he walks off. 

He texts Hoseok the news first, then his parents. 

Jungkook gets lead to the dressing room where the other contestants wait or prepare for their own audition. It's a little hectic in the room so as soon as Jungkook heads into it, he makes his way to the bathroom.

When he enters the bathroom, there's only a few boys in it, either fixing themselves in the mirrors or taking nervous bathroom breaks.

However as Jungkook enters, he notices a familiar boy standing at the farthest mirror, applying something to his brown hair.

Jungkook is unsure whether to approach the boy or not, so he looks at him for a bit longer through the mirror.

Taehyung looks up almost immediately, catching the boys eyes in a second. 

Jungkook's eyes widen, looking down to the sink before Taehyung thinks he's staring.

"Do you want something?" Taehyung says loudly, and Jungkook is unsure to who the boy is talking to. However when he looks around him, every other guy seems to have left. He didn't even notice.

"No..I was just-l"

"It's too bad you didn't forget the lyrics to that song." Taehyung suddenly says, causing Jungkook to do a double take.

"Excuse me?" Jungkook removes his eyes from the mirror and to look at the real Taehyung. Taehyung however keeps his eyes on his hair, styling his bangs properly.

"I thought I siked you out, by the looks on your face before the performance." The brown haired boy says, sighing as his bangs fall into his eyes. He pushes them away before removing himself from the mirror.

Jungkook is unsure what to say to the boy, but he quickly realizes that this boy dislikes him. Better yet, hates him.

"Look, I don't know why you hate me but I'm just here to compete, Not to mess with anyone." Jungkook raises his hand in mercy, Taehyung looking at him as if he could care less.

"I don't hate you. But as my rival, I won't let you catch any of my weaknesses. Let's just say, I'm keeping my guard up." Taehyung says, looking down at his nails.

His eyes are smokey, done with makeup the closer Jungkook looks. He's wearing a choker around his neck and his lips are lipstick red. It's a feminin look however the boy pulls it off almost perfectly.

"R..rival?" 

"Yes. It is a competition after all." Taehyung states, looking back up at Jungkook.

"Fine. I guess if I'm your rival, you're mine. From now on, I'll treat you the way you've been treating me, how do you feel about that?" Jungkook retorts, crossing his arms as he looks to Taehyung. However Jungkook sounds more childish than threatening. 

"That's perfect. And just so you know.." Taehyung takes a few steps closer, til he's a step away from Jungkook. He leans in slightly while keeping his dark eyes on Jungkook's.

"I'm going to win this competition." Taehyung whispers, sticking his finger into Jungkook's chest before backing away. He breaks the small distance between them, moving aside from Jungkook and leaving without looking for any kind of reaction.

Jungkook grits his teeth.

 

He has no clue what he's just agreed to.