Wish

Idol War

Jungkook wakes up with arms strongly wrapped around his body. He looks down at the boys arms and hands before turning his head back to spot a brown haired boys face on his shoulder.

 

The boy looks so peaceful in his sleep. And Jungkook doesn't want to wake him, but it's already 10am and today is finals.

 

It's finals.

 

"Taehyung wake up." Jungkook pulls the boys arms from his body, creating a sudden gap between them that Jungkook doesn't really like.

 

Taehyung rolls onto his back while rubbing his eyes. He yawns and stretches before diverting his eyes to the boy next to him.

 

His eyes widen.

 

"Oh, hi Jungkook." Taehyung laughs to himself while smiling to Jungkook. And Jungkook can't help himself from smiling back.

 

"Good morning Tae." Jungkook looks at the boy sincerity before getting up from the bed. As Jungkook gets up, he tries not to relay the incredible series of pain in his lower back as he takes a step. He stretches out slowly, squinting his eyes shut as he feels his sore muscles being stretched. 

 

Taehyung doesn’t seem to spot the pained expression on Jungkook’s face, thankfully, so Jungkook goes around the room looking for his shirt, the one he ended up taking off halfway through the night.

 

Taehyung props himself up on his elbows as he watches Jungkook run across the room to grab his shirt.

 

He smiles to himself before getting out of bed and walking over to Jungkook.

 

And Jungkook is putting his shirt on, eyes darting to the door that he's about to walk out of when he feels a tug on his shirt.

 

"Not so fast." Taehyung says, and his voice isn't as cheery this time. 

 

Jungkook slowly turns to face the brown haired boy, noticing a slight frown on his face now. 

 

"What's up?" Jungkook tries to act casually, even though he's worried about what Taehyung had to say.

 

"Shouldn't we...talk." Taehyung says blandly but Jungkook understands exactly what he's talking about.

 

"About..." Jungkook plays dumb, causing Taehyung to roll his eyes. His face dropping even more.

 

"Listen Jungkook-ah. I know...that what happened last night meant nothing to you. I know you slept with me to let my guard down..." Taehyung's walking forwards as Jungkook walks backwards, his back hitting the door.

 

"I didn't..."

 

"You did. And I'll tell you now, it didn't work. I'm still going to win, Jungkook-ah." Taehyung whispers the last part, leaning in slowly to attach his lips to Jungkook's neck. He nips at a spot for a second, darting his eyes up at Jungkook as he does so.

 

And Jungkook can't seem to get words out. He doesn't have the words to tell Taehyung's he's wrong, he's so wrong.

 

Taehyung's wrong about this whole situation. Sure, for a second Jungkook wanted him to let his guard down. But the second Jungkook entered the boys room, the competition wasn't even in his head anymore.

 

Taehyung retreats his addictive lips from the boys neck, before placing them softly on Jungkook's lips.

 

With a quick, chaste kiss, Taehyung's backs away and looks at Jungkook with big eyes.

 

"No matter how weak you make me Jungkook, I'm still going to win." Taehyung says, however nothing about any of his words are believable. Especially when he can't keep his eyes off of anything but Jungkook's lips. 

 

And Jungkook is about to leave again, but he doesn't want to just yet. He wants to at least be close to Taehyung one last time. 

 

It might be his last chance. 

 

 

"Okay Taehyung. But if you're going to be like that, then so will I." Jungkook says, suddenly grabbing Taehyung's shirt collar and pulling him into a harsher kiss. It takes Taehyung's breath away for a second and when Jungkook releases the brown haired boy, his heart is pounding. The kiss has too much emotion in it and Jungkook can't control his face. 

 

He quickly turns around and opens the door behind him and walks out, closing the door before he can look at Taehyung again. 

 

And both boys don't feel quite as confident as they're acting. 

 

~

 

"I'm so nervous I don't know what to do." Hoseok paces back and forth while Jungkook watches and gets dizzy.

 

"Stop Hyung, it'll be okay. The shows still in a few hours, we have time to practise." Jungkook sighs.

 

The two boys had been practising dance moves in the dance studio for hours now, working to build off steam and get their vocals more stable. 

 

It's finals so everything has to be much more impressive than the first time. Hoseok has been working on an extremely hard dance for weeks now, to top his first performance.

 

Jungkook is re-performing 2U but adding a more complex choreo. And Taehyung is singing If You...

 

Just the thought of the song reminds Jungkook of last night, when Taehyung sang Jungkook to sleep. His heart flutters, and Jungkook's face scrunches up.

 

"Ahh.....Hoseok Hyung." Jungkook starts, taking a seat on the floor and wiping off his sweaty forehead.

 

Hoseok stops pacing to see Jungkook's troubled look, so he runs up next to the boy and takes a seat beside him.

 

"What's wrong?" Hoseok asks, his hand on Jungkook's knee.

 

"Nothing...it's just..." Jungkook tries to think of the words, Hoseok listening carefully. 

 

"Do you know what it feels like to like someone?" Jungkook asks, feeling almost pained as the words leave his mouth. Hoseok's eyes seem to widen.

 

"...Yeah...." he huffs.

 

"Does it..hurt? Right here?" Jungkook points to his chest, where his breathing feels strained the more he talks about it. Hoseok nods.

 

"What do I do about it? What would you do?" Jungkook asks the boy, who's looking down. 

 

"Confess, before it's too late. Confess before the person you like gets taken away." He says, looking up at Jungkook with a hopeful smile all of a sudden.

 

"Really?" Jungkook isn't sure about confessing, but Hoseok seems to know better.

 

"Yeah. Hey Jungkook, can we change the topic, I don't want to talk about this right now." Hoseok suddenly says, looking down and Jungkook is surprised.

 

"Yeah sure, what do you want to talk about?" Jungkook leans back on his hands and looks at the both of them through the mirror in front of them.

 

"Remember our bet we made at the start of this competition? Whoever wins gets to grant each others wish?" Hoseok says, and Jungkook thinks back for a second before a light goes off in his head.

 

"Oh yeah! What'd you wish for anyways?" Jungkook asks curiously. He hadn't been thinking of that bet recently, or what he'd want.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"If I won this competition, I was going to ask you on a date." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hoseok barely finishes before he's pushing himself up off the ground and heading towards the door, where he walks out abruptly.

 

And Jungkook doesn’t even register Hoseok's words, until his heart is suddenly beating incredibly fast, his eyes watching the door shut while his breathing is loud, and his chest is even tighter. 

 

He feels like crying. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hoseok Hyung was going to use his wish on Jungkook, and this whole time, Jungkook has been thinking of Taehyung only.